Debate over shark killer rages

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pinhead
barnacle

Re: Debate over shark killer rages

Post by pinhead » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Hmm Lets forget about the sharks for a minute and think about how we can help the victims.
There are major wound dressings on the market - they're designed for military and industrial situations i.e feet blown off, arms caught in threshing machines etc. Check:

http://www.sammedical.com/celox.html

Would it be worth some organisation - don't know who - distributing these things for sale in surfshops?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 pm

pinhead wrote:Hmm Lets forget about the sharks for a minute and think about how we can help the victims.
There are major wound dressings on the market - they're designed for military and industrial situations i.e feet blown off, arms caught in threshing machines etc. Check:

Would it be worth some organisation - don't know who - distributing these things for sale in surfshops?
Pinhead. What an appropriate name.. Cant help thinking that in some way are benefiting from this?
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely he's taking the piss??

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 pm

One would hope so H.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 pm

pinhead wrote:Hmm Lets forget about the sharks for a minute and think about how we can help the victims.

A brilliant post whether pindick's taking the piss or not.

Fcuking well done mate. You gotta get your own show.... :lol: :lol:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 am

Surfshop Owner: "here's your surfboard sir...aaaand here's your Billabong main artery clogging, anti lethal shark attack and balistic misile survival kit. We hope to see you shop with us again, though we highly doubt it, since you have taken up the lethal act of surfing. We hope you have everything in order, and condolences to your family etc...."

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 am

:lol:

Things just descended into a seinfeld episode.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 am

it's made from shrimp shells, i reckon i'll just take a bag of old prawn crackers down the beach

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 am

Hey I'm just talking about saving lives, If you guys are more worried about how the packaging will look next to the Volcom stand that's your call.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 am

Right now the Volcom stand does look like wound dressings. So ....
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Seriously, I think we should all just eat shark fin soup for say the next 8 months.
If that don't work turn it on it's side and try infinately. :wink:

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 pm

You know what .......all of this doesnt really matter. There is a surfer who died which is very tradgic but....he died doing something he loved. He must have been passionate and committed to be surfing an area known for shark sightings all alone. Everytime you get in the water you take that risk. I have a book called Shark attacks in Australia and fcuk me if some people havent been really unlucky. What about the young lady killed while walking hand in hand with her husband in KNEE DEEP WATER at sugar loaf bay deep in Sydney harbour???? Whether it was a juevenile, a mature great white or even a tiger it really doesnt matter. Shark attacks happen.....sometimes in the most unlikely place and everytime you or I enter the water there is an element of risk to it....sure some places are more risky than others. Call me heartless but I would rather go by shark attack doing something I loved than to be burnt to death in a car accident.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:18 pm

i can think no worst way die than shark attack :cry:

read this for some :idea: how it must feel :arrow:

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/st ... ore-beach/

# warning sunnny coast surfers...this is a local attack from ages ago....you might prefer not read it if ya going for the early
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 pm

loofy wrote:I just looked up that story on the sugarloaf bay attack and that is faarkin insane, walking in barley knee deep water and get taken...unbelievable..absolutely insane
Rockin' Ron wrote:One day, hopefully soon, I'll learn not to read shark threads.
:idea:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 am

Hey Fong, do not watch this one and for others who live off the Sunshine Coast. This footage was taken just today off the coast of Alex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXJf-ANy2A

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:18 pm

mustkillmulloway did I miss something or did your post just proove my point?? that victim in the article you posted said he didn't feel any pain during and shortly after the attack... I can absolutely think of worse ways to die ... a long batter with cancer being one of them

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm

I suspect being bitten by a shark would be much like ripping off a bandaid on a hairy leg - a short burst of adrenalin pumping terror and then it's all over before you even knew what hit you. :D

I suspect nightmares would ensue as well as a few halucinations on your next few weeks of surfing, following the attack. This is of course if you still have legs and are still ummmmmm alive.

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Interesting thread,mountains of facinating information I saw one about 2 weeks ago out maroubra pointed it out to another bloke and we just paddled in calmly but with purporse.It showed no interest in us at all.I think Pinhead is on the right track with the trama bandages and stuff I always carry a first aid kit in my car it wouldnt hurt to upgrade a bit,actually I should do a use by date check soon. :oops: