urge to poo when suiting up

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

do you get poo urges before a surf?

yes i get the urge to evacuate my bowels before going for a surf.
73%
No, are you crazy?
No votes
never thought about it before, but thanks for asking
27%

Total votes: 11

marcus
Owl status

urge to poo when suiting up

Post by marcus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 pm

g'day all
Is it just me, but as soon as i pull up in the car near the ocean and get ready for a surf i get the urge to do a pre-surf poo.
My other half is perplexed by this, she thinks the smell of the ocean or something is having an effect on me.
does this happen to anyone else?

also, anyone notice that the surf club toilets usually don't have toilet seats, just a plain rim.
and you put pieces of paper around the bowl rim and just as your about to sit down, the wind blows under the door and blows the paper off.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: urge to poo when suiting up

Post by oldman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Dear Marcus,

Your body is preparing itself for a bit of hard work, and the anticipation often provides a small adrenal surge beforehand to get you ready for it. It's all part of the fight of flight syndrome that is genetically programmed into you, and one of the things that happens is that your body anticipates the challenge and sends out a message to 'drop everything' so that you can get away more quickly.

However your story of placing t-paper around the rim of the seat is really quite pathetic. This is a girly manoevre, and no self-respecting man should ever do it, or worse, admit to it.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:36 pm

oldman wrote: However your story of placing t-paper around the rim of the seat is really quite pathetic. This is a girly manoevre, and no self-respecting man should ever do it, or worse, admit to it.
well i have tried using the wetsuit pulled down as a buffer.
(hey wait a sec, are you saying you plant your ass straight down on a public dunny rim???)
have tried bending over so as not to touch the bowl and blew out the back over the wall.
sorry to the cleaner at sandon point

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Try hovering over the rim. Just dont forget to ummm aim. :wink:

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:43 pm

i have developed an association between the smell of cancer council suncreen and rocking off at tama in 15" surf. so now the desire to poo appears whenever i apply the stuff, regardless of proximity to the ocean.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:47 pm

purple pyramids wrote:i have developed an association between the smell of cancer council suncreen and rocking off at tama in 15" surf. so now the desire to poo appears whenever i apply the stuff, regardless of proximity to the ocean.
Fascinating...

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:53 pm

purple pyramids wrote:i have developed an association between the smell of cancer council suncreen and rocking off at tama in 15" surf. so now the desire to poo appears whenever i apply the stuff, regardless of proximity to the ocean.
You hve developed a pavlovian response PP.
marcus wrote:(hey wait a sec, are you saying you plant your **** straight down on a public dunny rim???)
I know, it's just an amazing breakthrough isn't it marcus. Unless the rim is covered with other people's doings, I am so brave that I will do it.

However, to clarify, when I am seated, it is not my arse on the rim, but my supporting legs, with my arse situated roughly in the middle of the bowl. And guess what, unless the skin that is touching the rim is already cut and/or infected, no amount of germs are going to harm you. This is what skin is for.

And then you go for a surf for an hour or two in salty water. For your peace of mind marcus, salt water kills bacteria as effectively as soap and water. It's just like taking a bath.

So sit in peace.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

I never thought I'd read the counseling of how to use toilets properly on RS...

I feel wiser for knowing now, and quietly content....
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 pm

purple pyramids wrote:i have developed an association between the smell of cancer council suncreen and rocking off at tama in 15" surf.
I know this winter has been a bit bad but I didn't realise we are now measuring surf in inches!

As for needing to drop the 'Cosbys off at the Pool' it's mind over brown matter. I go when I want and not when it wants. I've been like that all my life, although I did get bunged up once when I was a kid. :D
The wave at Curl Curl is so good they had to name it twice :mrgreen:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 pm

I find this happens to me all the time.

In fact I usually have to take a good sh.it before heading off from home. Don't know why but it's like clockwork.

And if I never do it then I'll pay for it later. Nothing worse than being tense knowing you need to drop your guts as a clean up set is coming on the horizon, just makes you more anxious and tense

Many an aqua bog has been required in the past as a result of this situation. Although perversely I like the feeling of doing one, it really refreshes the date and the sense of relief is relaxing and calming.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:52 pm

My random urge to poo doesn't come during surf time... It always hits me at the video shop.
As soon as i walk in and smell that popcorn it hits me... then it's a mad rush to pic a dit and get out of there in time so i don't mud myself.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 pm

I've heard legends of the infamous 'line-up chikito'.

How the fark do people actually lay a cable whilst surfing? ie strip down the wettie, push the board a safe distance away and get a poo out????

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Remember a mate of mine did just that in winter, one of his nuggets made its way into the sleeve of his wetsuit... nasty :shock:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:40 am

Animal_Chin wrote:I've heard legends of the infamous 'line-up chikito'.

How the fark do people actually lay a cable whilst surfing? ie strip down the wettie, push the board a safe distance away and get a poo out????
Practice my son. Practice
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 pm

I have got to say poo humor is not normally my thing usually but there have been some classic lines here ... "taking the cosbys tongue pool" is fcuking hilarious .. I was thinking last night how glad I am that I don't suffer from this affliction however today I went for a wave at my local and not 20 seconds after I suited up the bear announced it was about to come out of the cave ... fcuk me I said .. those pricks on realsurf have jinxed me .. so knock kneed I tip toed to the council toilets and to my delight I saw a spotlessly clean stainless steel shitter WITH A SEAT .. sure it wasn't heated or puffed a little cloud of glen 20 as I perched my ass on it but atleast I avoided parking my rear on the ice cold rim ... god bless Gosford coucil

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Regnis

Post by Regnis » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:19 pm

My housemate always needs to do a poo before any surf he has..can be pretty frustrating having to wait around for him on a cold winters morning.

However, i often get a good laugh from paddling out at the point and turning around to see this 105kg ape (he's a pretty hairy man) laying cable under the trees on the hill.

whilst on the issue, i used to have to always do a shit before pulling cones when I was a youngster. was just my thang

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 am

Regnis wrote:whilst on the issue, i used to have to always do a shit before pulling cones when I was a youngster. was just my thang
The knowledge that I am about to indulge still has that effect on me regnis. :shock: :lol:
Rockin' Ron wrote:Dunno how people do it in steamers? You've got a lot of wetsuit flapping around in the water there and unlimited scope for taking those grogans back with you.
Have never tried that one. I am sure it would lead to me drowning, with half a turd hanging out and wetsuit flapping about, entangling me and taking me down.

To be followed by front page news in the Telegraph.

I would definitely make for solid ground before trying that on. The shame heaped on your family would be too much to bear, even if already dead.