Parko's buggered

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mical
barnacle

Re: Parko's buggered

Post by mical » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Natho wrote:Not sure where you heard that news Don?
The latest (from the man himself) is that its looking like no pernament damage (at this stage anyway) and he has full feeling in his foot.
He remained very outwardly positive last year during his injury too, was clearly bullshit spin when you watched him surf.

Let's see how he goes, hopefully he bounces back when it's properly ready.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah he has now got a cnut on his foot to match his persona.

The only bloke to ever win the Snapper contest and not shout the Sands apparently... Which is a tradition..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:21 pm

oh dear...jimmey

show some respect 4 the industry :P
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Industry shcimindtsry Fongster.. I never got dropped in by Mick when I was living at Rainbow bay.. But Dingo and Parko thought EVERY wave was theirs... It was almost comical..

Yeah Mick might be a racist! But he saw my 4 yr old daughter at a book signing and her mum said... Thats the guy that daddy taught to surf and he is a world champion now....

Mick asked her mum who I was and when she told him he remembered me straight away...He Said I used to see him out at Dbah and he went OK..

Parko is too cool for that sort of banter.... Probably has Luke Egans cock and Occy's chin in his foot right now...
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

silvynn
Grommet

Post by silvynn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:23 am

"tis but a scratch. I've had worse, come on ya pansy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:02 am

jimmy1501 wrote:Industry shcimindtsry Fongster.. I never got dropped in by Mick when I was living at Rainbow bay.. But Dingo and Parko thought EVERY wave was theirs... It was almost comical..

Yeah Mick might be a racist! But he saw my 4 yr old daughter at a book signing and her mum said... Thats the guy that daddy taught to surf and he is a world champion now....

Mick asked her mum who I was and when she told him he remembered me straight away...He Said I used to see him out at Dbah and he went OK..

Parko is too cool for that sort of banter.... Probably has Luke Egans cock and Occy's chin in his foot right now...
Geez Jimmy, let it go brother, or move......Put yourself in their situation. Its their livelihood, they constantly get approached by kooks with stars in their eyes and when out they have eyes burning pot holes in them everywhere they go....Sure there is no need to feel sorry for them, surfing the best waves, getting paid to do it, and tons of free shit...but you cant wish the poor bastard bad luck can you?

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Note to self....file fins back. :shock:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:49 am

jimmy1501 wrote:Yeah he has now got a cnut on his foot to match his persona.

The only bloke to ever win the Snapper contest and not shout the Sands apparently... Which is a tradition..
Why should he shout all those losers?

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am

Just so we can get away from Jimmy's cheap shot and back on track, is it just me or are the glassflex fins way sharper than the Performance Core or Glass fins? I only use Peformance Core now , just because I like the feel, but I have noticed some of the glassflex ones I used to have were like razors !!. I am not saying Parko was using glass flex, most probably using Soar glass ins or maybe even JS's new screw in "Parko" model. I have cut myself using PC's before but mostly it was going from sitting up to laying down and my ankle clipped my fin, so usually the tip and it was just a nick. I have been washing machined with my board a couple of times and had the fins run accross my back, leg or arms and never had a deep cut like that. I guess I am just surprised one can get so injured from a fin, when I look at my PC fins I can see that happening considering their edge.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 pm

pretty sure Parko wouldve been using JS's new Kinetic Racing fins which I believe are a very stiff composite material : maybe G10???..maybe someone knows exactly but I was fondling a set the other day.....they felt stiff and sharp.
Easy to see with a sharp trailing edge how these things could cut you bad.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Looking at the pic of his heel, he's lucky he didnt lose the whole heel of his foot. Imagine the predicament he would be in if he lost the heel and couldnt find it in the surf! :shock:

onawave
regular

Post by onawave » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:52 pm

dont really see parko coming back from this at all....

i mean, yeah he will recover, but in regards to the guy getting a world title... it just seems to me like it keeps slipping away from him...

last year, he had mega focus, and then injured himself....

this year, the race is still close, with an early exit here for any of the top guys, any of those bottom 5 - 10 guys could really step up...

this is still the case... but with parko not competing in j-bay now, a miracle would have to happen for him to have a chance this year

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:55 pm

I know this is not about me and yes I know I’m a narcissist prick blah blah blah but 4 weeks ago I pulled a whole friggin’ tendon(adductor longus) off me groin area fighting a shaved ape and I was told that I wouldn’t be able to surf for 3 months and fight for 4.

Now im depressed.
The only thing that keeps me going is my wife’s gentle groin massages which sometimes result in full-scale chaos. The poor thing avoids my groin @ all costs now. She’s totally groined out.
I try to show some decorum but I’ve got no control over my bits.

The moral of the story is that the body is a wonderful thing. It can restore itself albeit with scar tissue.
I hope he recovers soon.
Good luck.

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:37 pm

You were spot on calling yourself KreepyKrawley.... looks like an excuse to brag about getting some off your missus....

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Hey bohidontsurf
Does your response have anything to do with the Mel Gibson support group I’m starting up?.

Women push men to the point that they want to kill them…but men cant because women are physically weaker ….and they(women) know this so they push our buttons till we go mental.

A Russian bride pushes poor old Mel to insanity and he responds accordingly.

I SUPPORT MEL GIBSON 100%

No wonder men go to war and kill people.

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:24 pm

I stand by my earlier comments.....and here is some news einstein I am a man.....go figure.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 pm

I know you are !!!!

You can’t fool me mate

You have an adam’s apple.

Dead set give away.