that wetsuit discussion...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

User avatar
offshore1
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by offshore1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:10 pm

batoes wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 am
Checked receipt. Missed warranty by a few weeks... >><<
Impressive R&D really. I wonder how much time and money went to designing a product that comes apart mere weeks after warranty expiration. Brilliant engineering.
ajohnsen wrote: My tertiary education has been a bit like a blind woman with sudden onset diarrhea in a bathroom accessories showroom.

batoes
charger
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by batoes » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 pm

I know. I find it often happens with electrical appliances. I will repair it.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

JaM71
Local
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by JaM71 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 pm

batoes wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 pm
My needessentials has got a massive hole in the armpit. Have had it since August but started wearing it in October or so. If it wasn't for that, i would have been impressed. Fit was great; very soft, stretchy etc. I will try to repair, but i don't think i will buy again. Shame.
Oh...... I was gonna get one for this winter....... hmmmm

I ve had my rip curl dawn patrol for two winters & have had two splits in different seams. Always happens in winter when you re wearing it ( obviously) and then you have to send it to Torquay to be fixed which takes 3 weeks..... just make a decent product u fwits. I stopped buying sealed seams etc because they don’t last any longer. The worst wetsuits are the top of the range billabong suits.
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

JaM71
Local
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by JaM71 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm

As I live in Queensland perhaps I should just toughen up & wear a wooly jumper like back in the day
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19870
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm

JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm
As I live in Queensland perhaps I should just toughen up & wear a wooly jumper like back in the day
TRHS footy jersey worked well.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

JaM71
Local
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by JaM71 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm
As I live in Queensland perhaps I should just toughen up & wear a wooly jumper like back in the day
TRHS footy jersey worked well.
Holy crap Trev, are u 80 years old or something? 80 & still surfing, that’s awesome
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 31619
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Beanpole » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I had a Graeme Merrin sleeveless vest. Only wetsuit I had until I went to Uni in Newcastle.

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 10270
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Sounds like your parents were as scabby as mine
Erase.

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19870
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm
I had a Graeme Merrin sleeveless vest. Only wetsuit I had until I went to Uni in Newcastle.
Graeme Merrin?
Wow.
A real blast from the past.
He lives in Hawaii now. Think he's selling real estate.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19870
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm
Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm
As I live in Queensland perhaps I should just toughen up & wear a wooly jumper like back in the day
TRHS footy jersey worked well.
Holy crap Trev, are u 80 years old or something? 80 & still surfing, that’s awesome
70 next week.
Our sports master wanted to know why my footy jersey was so faded towards the end of winter.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
marauding mullet
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5436
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: an upside down valiant

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by marauding mullet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Brother and me used woolen long sleeve afl jerseys learning to surf our Coolites in the 60’s
Cold SA water, they did nothing except sink you when you ended up in the water
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
smnmntll wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm
Yum x 1000

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 10270
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Young people today are fucken soft
Erase.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 31619
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Beanpole » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm
I had a Graeme Merrin sleeveless vest. Only wetsuit I had until I went to Uni in Newcastle.
Graeme Merrin?
Wow.
A real blast from the past.
He lives in Hawaii now. Think he's selling real estate.
Peter Turner used to work there. The old man was an undertaker.

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19870
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:18 pm
Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm
I had a Graeme Merrin sleeveless vest. Only wetsuit I had until I went to Uni in Newcastle.
Graeme Merrin?
Wow.
A real blast from the past.
He lives in Hawaii now. Think he's selling real estate.
Peter Turner used to work there. The old man was an undertaker.
Yes and maybe.
Peter did work for him.
Not sure about the old man being an undertaker.
There were two Merrin brothers. One was Graeme's father. The other had a son, Russell who was in my class. As was Peter.
I thought only Russ's father was the undertaker (Tweed Heads).
Graeme's father always seemed to be at the flats they owned whenever I went there. But Russ's father was always at work when I went to his place.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

JaM71
Local
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by JaM71 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm
Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm
As I live in Queensland perhaps I should just toughen up & wear a wooly jumper like back in the day
TRHS footy jersey worked well.
Holy crap Trev, are u 80 years old or something? 80 & still surfing, that’s awesome
70 next week.
Our sports master wanted to know why my footy jersey was so faded towards the end of winter.
Happy Birthday Trev, hope you get some great waves to celebrate the milestone.
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 13039
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Drailed » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 am

JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 pm
Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 pm
Trev wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm
As I live in Queensland perhaps I should just toughen up & wear a wooly jumper like back in the day
TRHS footy jersey worked well.
Holy crap Trev, are u 80 years old or something? 80 & still surfing, that’s awesome
70 next week.
Our sports master wanted to know why my footy jersey was so faded towards the end of winter.
Happy Birthday Trev, hope you get some great waves to celebrate the milestone.

Happy Birthday Trev, if Shearer was even half a good cnut he would be arranging a Realsurf party for you at his place.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Rustt
barnacle
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Rustt » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:59 am

footy jumper with a rubbish bag over the top till I was about 14 right through winter, then bought my Ron Olssen long john and vest.

Happy birthday trev.

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 10270
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:53 am

Have you considered not surfing during winter? No wetsuit dilemmas
Erase.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests