rob bain

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

vb
Local

rob bain

Post by vb » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Justv heard on news that Rob Bain seriously injured at Av today. Apparently hit his head on rocks and is in MV hospital. Here's hoping he's ok

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Re: rob bain

Post by Karlos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Genuine good bloke. Looked up to him as a grub at Queensie & he always had time & advice for us young guys. Hope he's OK.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Apparently it didn't look good at all - head and back - the ambos didn't move him for about an hour - offrocks

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Yeah he majorly gashed the side of his head. Apprently on a rock...looked like a pretty bad cut.

But I think it all took so long due to precautionary stuff...

Spoke to his son and apparently he is ok...

Scary sh*t though

What news was it on?

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 pm

sounded very heavy from what I heard ... :shock:

(Bluff Bad's brain will implode when he reads this but ... ) my daughter is friends with his son and he described the various injuries last night ...

he did have his head sewn and stapled back up but also broke some ribs and has some fractures in his spine ... :shock: dangerous territory ... :idea:
Carpark King wrote:Scary sh*t though
sounds like he was very lucky in that he will be OK ... but sh!t that must've been a hell of a beating and I can only imagine a very scary time between the surf and the hospital ...

I hate hearing about surf injuries ... and it's even more worrying to hear that it can happen to guys with that much skill and experience ... :idea:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 pm

So what actually happened?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:11 pm

hes going to be o,k, but hes gone over surfing the left up at the northern end known as off rocks and basically hit a well known rock called the matterhorn.very serious injury to his vertebrae and extremely serious gash to his scalp. Rob surfs the spot very regularly and it can only be described as a very serious accident.Rob is one of the nicest blokes you could EVER hope to meet and he and his family will appreciate every bodys concern and well wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:22 pm

well here's hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.

always been a Bainy fan...he seemed the only pro of the time who had the wood on Tom Curren.

Anyway, that is the least of his worries....and well done to those who were there to help when it was needed.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Steve he had a few of the boys there to help him , it was very traumatic for all involved.Emergency services ambos and chopper guys were a little confused as to who should move him on to hospital . All care was taken as it should have been

BDL77
regular

Post by BDL77 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:14 am

Very heavy! :shock:

Hope he recovers soon.
“I am getting wealthy in ways that don’t count at the bank”
- Gerry Lopez

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 am

boardscape avalon wrote:hes going to be o,k, but hes gone over surfing the left up at the northern end known as off rocks and basically hit a well known rock called the matterhorn.very serious injury to his vertebrae and extremely serious gash to his scalp. Rob surfs the spot very regularly and it can only be described as a very serious accident.Rob is one of the nicest blokes you could EVER hope to meet and he and his family will appreciate every bodys concern and well wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Presumably he lost control on the take-off :?: Let's hope that he makes a full recovery.
BTW how's "Longbum" going :?:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:04 am

^^^^^

I don't know Darren personally but I had a surf recently in Fiji with another famous surfer from that region who knows Longbum, and said he was doing a lot better having some independence ... apparently he has had the house and car modified so he can get around and has some movement in his arms ... still tragic though ...

the manly daily's story on Rob Bain ....

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/ne ... -the-mend/