ATTENTION ADMIN - AVATARS??

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

ATTENTION ADMIN - AVATARS??

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi guys,
Please keep us up to date with what's happening here. Since the last off air event, among other things, avatars disappeared. Some are back. My User Control Panel Profile still gives this message. I have tried "Reset" with no effect.

The avatar functionality is currently disabled.

Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 80 pixels, height: 80 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB

Why have some got their avatars back and not others (mine was just a surf shot - nothing offensive)
Also, as stated elsewhere, my notifications (PM received, Watched Topic etc) have stopped.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Re: ATTENTION ADMIN - AVATARS??

Post by TMC » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:34 pm

I think mine still works. It seems someone at the control centre of the realsurf machine likes the men in scarlett.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 am

hmmm, funny how all this crap goes on and stays unresolved for so long, never seems to be an issue with the ads though? they always display perfectly... just an observation, when was the revamped forum introduced? how long ago? still lots of issues with how it displays and operates... I've used this format/brand/type of forum elsewhere with no such issues... So whats happening, wheres it at, the RS forum mushrooms would like some feedback.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 am

With a very limited technical knowlege, I have always beleived in keeping it simple stupid.

I am quite sure there is no need for a complex program, for what is usually a pretty simple thing (a forum). I am not trying to put down don in any such way, maybe just offering some user feedback.

From my searchings there are many forums that have a simple format and dont have any of the problems of realsurf. I'm pretty certain that 99% of the forum regulars come here for the content not the neat little package. Keeping this in mind, prehaps it would be easiest if the forum reverted to a really simple format, without the bells and whistles we currently have?
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:54 am

Hello all
I haven't touched any settings to do with avatars since moving to the new forum script (which is an update on the old, no longer supported one). It is often difficult to track down intermittent problems like this. I can see avatars, so I just assumed I was seeing all avatars.
Since there is no way to tell who should have an avatar but doesn't, can those of you who read this and are missing an avatar, please shoot me a message via the contact us link (right column under More RealSurf Links). Once I have a look at a few of the affected members' settings I may be able to find out what the problem is.
-Don

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:49 am

iggy wrote:(((( :idea: x 10000000000))))
That many eh? :D

DonNorris

Post by DonNorris » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Me again.
I created this non admin user to see what happens when I try to put an avatar on my account.
And what happens is that I get told avatars are disabled. Even though they are definitely enabled in the board admin. And of course some users' avatars continue to show even though some others' don't.
Damn strange. I'm hoping Ross can nut the issue out for us...

DonNorris

Post by DonNorris » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 pm

I think that's fixed the avatar issue. I was able to add one and more importantly, I can see everyone's again. If more issues come up the best thing to do is simply send me a message via the contact us link. We're hopeful that we've now recovered from our ISP's extra special bonus whack upside the head for free of last week... but then who knows what other bugs they may have spawned for us...