MEATBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.5

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

caspa

MEATBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.5

Post by caspa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:46 am

Hey all - someone (BA) suggested I post recipes every week to aid the kitchen novices.
I can't be bothered managing two IDs - was thinking CASPAINK - so I'll just be myself ey?

So I'll endeavour to put up something every week - I am a scrounge cook - ie -- I don't usually go and buy the ingredients specifically but just grab what's in the fridge/pantry and figure out what I can do with it - bon apetit

OK .. Caspa's quick stir fry
dig around fridge - should find:
1x onion (medium) - chop in half, peel then slice roughly
2x cloves (not heads) of garlic - dice or crush
handfull of fresh basil leaves
1 or 2 birds eye chillies - seeds removed (trust me) and diced tiny.
Pick 2 or 3 of following

1/2 red or green capsicum - chopped in chunks or slices
4x medium mushrooms chopped in 6
handfull of snow peas - whole
handfull of green beans - chopped in 1 inch lengths
handfull of broccoli flowerets (or cauliflower if you want the gas)
handfull of bok choi
bunch of asparagus spears
meat of your choice - I tend to buy in big pieces and slice it with the grain in very thin slices - you can use cheaper cuts like blade steak ($7 bucks kg at woolies).

in the wok - fry the meat if using it - in a bowl mix all the veggies except for garlic and basil and chillies with a bit of oil so the veggies are coated.
When the meat is browned chuck in all the veggies - stir around until cooked - chuck in garlic basil and chillies and stir around for a bit then add some soy sauce or fish sauce or oyster sauce and serve with rice or noodles - 20 minutes from chop to eat.

Can be varied by using different things for flavour instead of garlic, basil etc - also diff sauces - also - use some thai curry paste and some coconut milk and you have yourself a curry.

Fun9RY

Post by Fun9RY » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:51 am

Sounds fkn awesome Caspa!

I LOVE stir fries too, not livin at home anymore so the only way ima get one is if I cook it meself :(.

The girlfriend will appreciate this and I promise to tell her I made the recipe up myself :D

Jamieshunt

sweeeet

Post by Jamieshunt » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:26 am

you are the doood!!

Thats is fooken awesome mate!! If you stick to ya word and give us arecipe each week thats as easy as that to do and understand you will be the man!!

Keep em coming....p.s im also gonna whip it up for a romantic dinner for the missus n tell her it was all me!! hehehe...

Thanks dooood, your helping hopeless guys get laid you know!! :lol:

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:27 am

caspa wrote:handfull of broccoli flowerets
can't stand the shit!!! The cauli sounds better...

what's the difference between broccoli and snot?
kids won't eat broccoli!

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:29 am

hahah ... LOVE broccoli --- raw or steamed -- and the dog gets the stalk trimmings - loves em as long as I pretend that I accidentally dropped them (have to say oops)- if I just give it freely he'll leave em on the floor -- ornery little mutt

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:04 pm

The gay boyz comin back into their own?? Farg me, how stinkin lame! What the farg do ya reckon women are for? Go around wearin ya pink aprons and chimney like white hats? What a pack o wwoofterz! Makes the BBQ look like a womens club meetin. Im ashamed o yaz.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:17 pm

Sorry Jamie "Stuey" Oliver. If it means more sack time with the missus by doing a simple meal, call me gay.

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:20 pm

Yar a stinkin woofter. Ya mean ya have ta bribe ya way in ta bed with yar missus? How lame.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:32 pm

Pretty much, I prefer that she doesn't give it up every minute of the day. Don't know too many blokes with it on tap. And spankin it doesn't count Stu. :roll:

Fun9RY

Post by Fun9RY » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:49 pm

BA wrote:Don't know too many blokes with it on tap.
My missus is keen whenever I want it!

If she dun want a root, shell tell me and just a good old BJ is on the agenda. The only pre-requisite is that if we're in public, I cant hassle her for it.

I dont cook to get the pussy, I cook coz she cant and I'm trying to teach her so that I can sit on me ass and do nothing!

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:01 pm

I dont care if she can cook or not. Whaterya reckon the microwave oven was invented for?

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:04 pm

stuey wrote:Whaterya reckon the microwave oven was invented for?
Cats! :lol:

Fun9RY

Post by Fun9RY » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:08 pm

baldric wrote:
stuey wrote:Whaterya reckon the microwave oven was invented for?
Cats! :lol:
LOL its really not that funny its quite evil though my friend put his cat in the microwave, only for like 20 seconds coz the fcuker went ballistic. Stories of another mate throwing a cat in a 44gal drum with a litre of petrol at the bottom and setting the fecker on fire.

Thats a Hot pussy.

Stuey: Id rather cook myself than eat the rubber shed be producing from a fecken microwave mate. She'll cook, just gotta get her started hehe