Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri May 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Angas, 3-4' and pretty fun at midday

these two women were riding bodyboards way down at the end section, kept calling people out for riding waves through that section. "you can't ride all the wave", "learn to share!" etc

this was a first for me, I've never seen guys called off waves after they'd ridden em for 100 yards, and definitely never by two 40-year-old ladies on bodyboards.

I know my writerly curiosity shoulda been piqued but I was too into the surf and eventually decided they were just annoying.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Swell woulda been too S for Angas wouldn't it Nick.
I thought you would be across the river.

I didn't get out today .....I took a lunch-time bike ride along the Point and stopped to chew the fat with Brocky in the midday sun.
Kenchy came by with his new lovely Balinese wife and we discussed a whole bunch of things.
Going Vertical (or going sideways as one well know wag filmaker has tagged it in reference to the V-bottom at Sunset) was one of 'em.

Brocky was waiting for just the right tide to hit it.
He turned to me and said "you know something they should make a movie about instead of who did what first ......they should make a movie about how good it is to share a few waves with people and have fun"
Brocky says things like this and totally means it, and lives it in action.
He'll give a wave to some complete tourist hodad and hoot the guy along.

For some reason that little interaction was almost as good as getting a few during this gorgeous arvo.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri May 14, 2010 6:24 pm

that's a good brocky story steve but to become a great brocky story it really needs a pic of a fairy wren or grass flower or sunrise at the end of it

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I heard it's been closing out in Sydney.

And Pete got chewed off by something big today.

Boy there were some big schools of mullet coming through the line-up.
Freaky.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Fri May 14, 2010 9:42 pm

The 2 direction arrows over the land, one at 30 degrees south Coffs Harbour and the other over Brisbane, note the different angles, are these indicating radial spread and why it was slightly bigger further north during the week ?

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri May 14, 2010 9:49 pm

They are tsunamis mate, we're fucked

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat May 15, 2010 7:34 pm

I blew it today.
The run is over. 15 days. 8)
Hope there's something tomorrow.
Gotta work all next week. :cry:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat May 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Ah bugger Trev!!! How come you blew it?

Still, 15 days is pretty damn impressive. Can't say I've ever done that. Closest I've come is on my OS surfaris....12 days!!! Well done mate.

hamish
regular

Post by hamish » Sun May 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Rye back beach

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun May 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Donweather wrote:Ah bugger Trev!!! How come you blew it?

Still, 15 days is pretty damn impressive. Can't say I've ever done that. Closest I've come is on my OS surfaris....12 days!!! Well done mate.
Totally flat at my point - and again today. Just not breaking. The refraction just ain't happening.
Went up past Ann St looking for something but no joy.
I'll have to start again. :lol:
Next week. 8) :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun May 16, 2010 7:33 pm

hamish wrote:Rye back beach
I went to Gunnamatta early this morning and it was low, messy and sh.it, but then I went back around 12 and was rewarded. Big time.

3 metres on the face, at least, big rides, big wipeouts, caught an awesome one out the back that just went for ages, riding right out to the shoulder cutting back, reforms etc...

Fcuk it was good :D

When its got some size, light winds and mid to high tides Gunnamatta kicks ar.se!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Hatchman wrote:
hamish wrote:Rye back beach
I went to Gunnamatta early this morning and it was low, messy and sh.it, but then I went back around 12 and was rewarded. Big time.

3 metres on the face, at least, big rides, big wipeouts, caught an awesome one out the back that just went for ages, riding right out to the shoulder cutting back, reforms etc...

Fcuk it was good :D

When its got some size, light winds and mid to high tides Gunnamatta kicks ar.se!

Good on ya :mrgreen: I didn't go far enough out the back, it was heavy

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 pm

^^

Daz are you down here at the moment?
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:48 pm

^
nah that was at a beach near tilba, which i didn't wanna go near cos last time i looked in these conditions it was s0-ooooo good except there was a traffic jam on the break, bah humbug

I went down nearly to Flinders a month ago, then stuck the navigator to get me back to an east coast home beach cos I didn't think I could afford the extra fuel.
That was the day you had expected maybe something, then turns out there wasn't you gave a good report of nothing, so I didn't miss out.

Practically sms'd you then, but as i say, was short of... :D

Nice one this swell, onya :)

Headlander

Post by Headlander » Tue May 18, 2010 8:20 am

Got good waves this morning at a spot but aren't going to tell all u cnuts cause I don't want it to be crowded tommorrow. Keep it to yourselves or don't complain about crowds is my way of thinking.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Pretty satisfied with my effort during this swell. Surfed friday and saturday in sydney and sunday and monday down the coast scoring some griding tube rides. I have had my fill.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am

first surf check ang away for a month revealed perfect 2 ft peelers with light offshore winds, perfect to get my sea legs back, water was cool but not as bad as I thought ( especially after 26 and higher water temps where I was staying )...great to wash off the jet lag and cob webs ....some fun waves with good little sections wanting to be hit but to be honest I was satisfied with just cruising and the odd little carve, great to feel the simple joy af a wave carying me again......didnt think I missed it til I did it again......

stoked this thread is still goin strong, anyone know what is the longest ongoing thread here ????

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun May 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Gunnamatta

Was good at sunrise but went to sh.it once the tide started going out.