Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:10 pm

surfed a fun 3-4ft right hander...was so glassy ans fun...AI was out there so was good to see him surfin...but looked like he was just cruising, not really goin for the big moves but still surf good... 8)

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Calling REVO!

Is that you in today's second photo at Avalon? :lol:
Why the fuck would i surf at avalon?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:09 pm

I got some super fun 3ft glassy peaks this morning at my favourite SC beachie. And the best part was I only had to share it with 4 other blokes as far as the eye could see. Love it when Qld winds a State of Origin....every bastard's hung over the next morning!!!

Trev did you get any of this swell at your local just down the road? It's a sorry sight up here for at least the next 7-8+ days from now, but if EC comes off there may be some light at the end of the tunnel after this.......I HOPE!!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Donweather wrote:I got some super fun 3ft glassy peaks this morning at my favourite SC beachie. And the best part was I only had to share it with 4 other blokes as far as the eye could see. Love it when Qld winds a State of Origin....every bastard's hung over the next morning!!!

Trev did you get any of this swell at your local just down the road? It's a sorry sight up here for at least the next 7-8+ days from now, but if EC comes off there may be some light at the end of the tunnel after this.......I HOPE!!!!

Yeah Mate. Yesterday and today. Today was a bit bigger. Really bitching about the crowds though. 5 yesterday, max and 4 today. 8)
Hoping to get one more day out of it tomorrow. The high tide hasn't been a problem the last 2 days but not sure how it'll be if the swell drops a bit tonight. Watch this space.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:50 pm

TrevG wrote:
Donweather wrote:I got some super fun 3ft glassy peaks this morning at my favourite SC beachie. And the best part was I only had to share it with 4 other blokes as far as the eye could see. Love it when Qld winds a State of Origin....every bastard's hung over the next morning!!!

Yeah Mate. Yesterday and today. Today was a bit bigger. Really bitching about the crowds though. 5 yesterday, max and 4 today. 8)
Hoping to get one more day out of it tomorrow. The high tide hasn't been a problem the last 2 days but not sure how it'll be if the swell drops a bit tonight. Watch this space.
I'm gunna hit the early tmrw. Either at Ann st, or the spot Don mentioned. Got that funky little blue board that Huie made. Let me know if anyone wants to catch up for a squizz, or a ride of it.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey Tiger, north of the rocks wasn't doing its thang on the high tide this morning. South of the rocks is where the biz was.

And looking at wave buoy data I reckon it would have been close to 4ft there this afternoon. It is predicted to wane though?? Although it's fair to say that actual wave buoy data looks to have exceeded forecast models both in terms of swell heights and peak of the swell (later than forecast) so this might all work in your favour come tomorrow morning.

Hope ya get some good ones. Let us know how you get on.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks Don. Those swells off the top of highs usually exceed what the forecasters expect up here. One of the few times that being further N helps.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 pm

I wasn't having a go at the forecasters....more so pointing out that actual conditions appear to have exceeded model predictions.

Although all 3 SE Qld wave buoys are taking a rapid nose dive as we speak............

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:43 am

Conditions looked just as primo this morning up here too. Some sweet pitchin beachies by the looks of things.

How'd you go Tiger, Trev?

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks for the tip Don. The whole stretch from B-Bird to F-Tails was pumping. Super clean, uncrowded, really consistent 3ft, with the more than occasional bigger one. About as fun as it gets.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Yep. I had nice clean if a bit full waves. Got a decent barrell despite it being full.
Was all set to go back at low tide but got called to Brissie to help out with some work. :twisted:
Worth the money, though. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 pm

I used to work on the road and had the southern end of the Sunny as my area and I used to surf at Petrel alot, it was a great little spot, super fun beachies...and I could park ( hide ) my work ute and surf for ages sometimes and just had to keep checkin my work phone on the beach...never got busted...but I did get barrelled... :D

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Good stuff Tiger and Trev. Who knows there could even be some leftovers come tomorrow morning as well!!!

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Im hoping for next week as Im on holidays, but aint looking to promising
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:14 am

diggerdickson wrote:Im hoping for next week as Im on holidays, but aint looking to promising
Should be OK by Fiday afternoon, Digger. 8)
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:29 am

diggerdickson wrote:Im hoping for next week as Im on holidays, but aint looking to promising
can nearly always find something if you know where to look....especially if you prepared to drive a bit..when do you get that new board mate ? it seems to be taking forever....I wanna see some pics of the clinker.... 8)

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:02 am

is their gonna be waves on either queensland coast this arvo?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:24 pm

I got some fun 2 footers at my favourite SC beachie yesterday around lunch time. Even Mrs Donweather was carvin them up after a 4 year drought on the board.

Couldn't believe the crew when we got there though!!!!