Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Sunny Coast guys will know where these first two are..................... 8) Fong take note. :wink:
Secret Left A.jpg
Secret Left B.jpg
Kings Beach Action.jpg

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:08 pm

....i'm proud say i gave it miss today :!:

in fact i might give it miss from here on in

surfings turned into like the alternative kids sport for those who lack any ability at any other sport

too week get picked for team....all good....mum by ya surfboard....shortarse :idea:

in your own mind...if drop in on enough people....your next tommy carrol :idea:

like the true losers degree :idea:

bye and love allllllllllllllllllllllllllll
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:08 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:....i'm proud say i gave it miss today :!:

surfings turned into like the alternative kids sport for those who lack any ability at any other sport

too week get picked for team....all good....mum by ya surfboard....shortarse :idea:

sounds like you are really enjoying it up there, :roll: , it can get you down , I used to have to escape to my fav spots for a few days, but then it got too much so I moved...I feel for ya my friend..it can be a cirus but least you have had swell of late and not as bad as the bigger circus...I was gunna post my surf info but might skip it..dont wanna rub it in.... :|

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:40 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:....i'm proud say i gave it miss today :!:

Sounds like "shark overkill " didn't work then? :twisted:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 am

no,,,sadly it didn't :cry:

and yeah priddy...at least theres swell...i shouldn't whinge

but , jeeze, 300 guys out- out which maybe 30 can surf :?

it's sending me a bit crazy :cry:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 am

tiger wrote:Trev.. The worlds not flat,It's not? You mean Columbus was right? You mean there really is a North America? God help us all
ps I know there's a North America; I've been there a few times :oops:

and ends at Currimundi.
Yeah, I know that, too but why would I drive past good waves to get to maybe better waves but 25 times as many crew. I absolutely HATE crowds. and there are none at my local.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:48 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:no,,,sadly it didn't :cry:

What happened to kite surfing? A kiteboard cutting a swathe through the lineup would soon disperse the hoards.And they won't be able to catch you if you collect a few on the way through.(except if you fell off) :P
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am

lessormore wrote:
mustkillmulloway wrote:no,,,sadly it didn't :cry:

What happened to kite surfing? A kiteboard cutting a swathe through the lineup would soon disperse the hoards.And they won't be able to catch you if you collect a few on the way through.(except if you fell off) :P
Jet ski will do it better :lol: 8)

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 am

Hey Trev, I'm a big fan of your local. I know how good it can get, and I love the way it is always better than it looks. But there were other waves around that day, that were good and certainly not crowded.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 pm

tiger wrote:Hey Trev, I'm a big fan of your local. I know how good it can get, and I love the way it is always better than it looks. But there were other waves around that day, that were good and certainly not crowded.
I also much prefer point breaks (or at least over rock). Never been a lover of beachies except as a last resort.
Having grown up surfing Kirra, Snapper Currumbin and Bogangar, I guess explains it. In Sydney for 14 years, it was The Bower or Dee Why point, 9 times out of 10.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 am

well I surfed my local right hander again today, 5-7ft with the occasional bigger but wide and not really surfable bombs...scored a stinker off the bat, about 6 ft and really wedged up and the 6'1 was just hanging in, then got inside and it shaped up perfect...great fun...3 or 4 more similar until while waiting out the back for another , I heard a splashing sound, turn round to see who it was and it was a big noah feeding on a school of fish, it was about 20 mtrs from me so as I turned to paddle in a few big bombs headed straigh to me, they were pushing 8f I reckon and that size that they are almost too big to duck-dive and if the shark wasnt nearby I may have dived under but copped 3 on the head and the whole time not knowing where the feeding shark was, then caught the wash on the tail of a 5 fter and got the faarrrkkk outta there...did the shark fin signal and that cleared the line-up , which was only 7 guys...the fin was quite a dark colour and about a foot in size, the tail was thrashing and it seemed to be at lease 6 ft in length....real shame coz the waves were really good but not worth the risk...they really are thick ATM..cmon fisherman, do your thing..... :shock: :cry: :x 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Turned up at my local this am. (5).
Gentle SW breeze, clear water,absolutely beautiful conditions...................and almost flat. :twisted:
Watched for a while and one other guy turned up and hit the water almost straight away.
So I scrapped my planned walk and paddled out.
Well, we spent the next hour grinning stupidly at one another as one paddled back out and the other took off on waist to shoulder height peaks which morphed into about 200m rides :lol:
When he went in to go to work I had another half hour before one more guy came out 8)
I seem to remember Tiger pointing out that this place is almost always better than it looks.
Right again, Tim 8)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm

And today is flat! Was offshore though so not all bad.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:24 pm

marcus_h wrote:And today is flat! Was offshore though so not all bad.
No, not flat Marcus. My post above is for today. 8)

danw
regular

Post by danw » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:34 pm

flat,what location??

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 pm

danw wrote:

flat,what location??
He's up here near me,Dan but as my post above says, some spots just deliver the goods. 8)

danw
regular

Post by danw » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm

ah, keep forget some you blokes up the goldy/sunny coasts.
at first trev thouht you came from cenny coast cos of john s thing. but then you told me anout GoodYear connection i understood how you know him.
anyhow trev look forward put some pictures up.
we had some nice waves last 5days

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:51 pm

i went for a surf last monday afternoon at non nuoc beach, danang. it was shit - the sideshore was howling, the wind swell was waist-high, the banks were non-events, and i was on a battered-up bic board with negative rocker. i think i might have caught ten waves, and i'm sure on at least eight of them i nose-dived on take-off. it had been over a year since my last surf, and i was knackered after just paddling out the back. the waves were breaking a fairly long way from shore, though. that's how i consoled myself. there was no one else around when i was out there, but back on the beach i passed two other surfers on their way down to the water. one of them stopped and turned to me and said in what i took to be a german accent, 'do you have any tips for us?' i panted a bit because i was out of breath and squinted because the sun was high in the sky and said, 'tips?' he said, 'yes, tips - it's our first time.' i looked and saw the other german first-timer floundering in the shorey, and suddenly felt quite scared for them. 'don't go out too far, just stay close to shore.' herr kapitan nodded, 'yes, the currents...' he had very white skin and was very tall and muscular. i said, 'good luck.' we smiled at each other and went our separate ways. i didn't look back.