Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21075
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:58 pm

I’m quietly blown away by the sudden surge in shark encounters up and down the east coast this weekend

Crew at Queenscliff on Saturday see a great white attack a fur seal out near the bombie
Someone I know gets bumped by an aggressive shark at Palm Beach
Buddy’s buddy, riding what looks like one of my old boards, gets the tail bit off by what, a bull?

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 17786
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by alakaboo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Looks like a tooth from a bull, yeah.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24769
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I've seen bulls launching chasing mullet at Flatrock the last week.

Saw a shape surfing the Point today.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by buddy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 pm

He would have been going pretty fast when it's had a go. Pretty crazy, really.

Someone saw some sharks and dolphins feeding off the peg at boulders Saturday, and apparently someone lost their board at O.P and had to swim in at boulders that day too.

I thought I saw one in a wave in main part of town on sat. Didn't look like a dolphin to me. Pretty sizey too.

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by swvic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Two great things about here are relatively low crowds and no fcuken bull sharks

I'm getting less enthusiastic about the cold though
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7567
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by tootr » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 pm

May-June last year is when GWS tagged numbers increased significantly on the mid-north Coast.
Plenty of pings at Forster and Port lately.
The theory they’ve been down south (Eastern Vicco] for summer and move north during the cooler months will gain a bit more evidence yay or nay.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

User avatar
marauding mullet
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6133
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: an upside down valiant

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by marauding mullet » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm

swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm
I'm getting less enthusiastic about the cold though
X 2 have shed a few Kgs and really feeling it
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by swvic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:36 pm

marauding mullet wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm
swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm
I'm getting less enthusiastic about the cold though
X 2 have shed a few Kgs and really feeling it
I've never really had kgs to shed. The osteoarthritic wrist and shoulder would also appreciate warmer seas

Your Crancky mate is where it's at - minus the bike stuff as I'm now struggling on anything rougher than an airport runway
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by buddy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Looks like a tooth from a bull, yeah.
DPI marine biologist says it's a white.

User avatar
marauding mullet
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6133
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm
Location: an upside down valiant

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by marauding mullet » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 pm

swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:36 pm
marauding mullet wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm
swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm
I'm getting less enthusiastic about the cold though
X 2 have shed a few Kgs and really feeling it
I've never really had kgs to shed. The osteoarthritic wrist and shoulder would also appreciate warmer seast

Your Crancky mate is where it's at - minus the bike stuff as I'm now struggling on anything rougher than an airport runway
I went riding with him in the hills near Perth a few times, he’s quite mad.
Footpaths are where it’s at, legal here too.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011

User avatar
jimmy
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2990
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by jimmy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 pm

buddy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Looks like a tooth from a bull, yeah.
DPI marine biologist says it's a white.
Yeah cause the DPI have really got the shark issue sorted. I remember Shearer speaking to Vic Pedomore and he had no idea from what I can recall.

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by swvic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:15 pm

marauding mullet wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 pm
swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:36 pm
marauding mullet wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm
swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm
I'm getting less enthusiastic about the cold though
X 2 have shed a few Kgs and really feeling it
I've never really had kgs to shed. The osteoarthritic wrist and shoulder would also appreciate warmer seast

Your Crancky mate is where it's at - minus the bike stuff as I'm now struggling on anything rougher than an airport runway
I went riding with him in the hills near Perth a few times, he’s quite mad.
Footpaths are where it’s at, legal here too.
[/quote

Quite? He's a fcuken nutter

It's not here. Got into a shit fight with Andy numbers after revealing I ran into* a 16 yo kid on a bike while exiting a servo

* Kid barreling along the footpath ran into me
Last edited by swvic on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by swvic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 pm

jimmy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 pm
buddy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Looks like a tooth from a bull, yeah.
DPI marine biologist says it's a white.
Yeah cause the DPI have really got the shark issue sorted. I remember Shearer speaking to Vic Pedomore and he had no idea from what I can recall.
My trust is in 'boo
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

User avatar
jimmy
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2990
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by jimmy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:30 pm

swvic wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 pm
jimmy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 pm
buddy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Looks like a tooth from a bull, yeah.
DPI marine biologist says it's a white.
Yeah cause the DPI have really got the shark issue sorted. I remember Shearer speaking to Vic Pedomore and he had no idea from what I can recall.
My trust is in 'boo
Exactly Swivel.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24769
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 am

No, it's a white tooth.

Thats one thing thats easily ID'ed.

Pretty fcuking impressive strike hitting a kiteboard at speed.

Yikes.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 17786
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by alakaboo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 am

buddy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Looks like a tooth from a bull, yeah.
DPI marine biologist says it's a white.
Very narrow base for a white, but it could be from a juvenile, before they swap to mammals.
Normally they are more of an equilateral triangle shape, without the raised central portion.

Mind you, my sense of scale is all shot to bits by comparing it with that cloven hoof.

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7567
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by tootr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 am

Bottom jaw, juvenile great white.
Em Tasol.

Image
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24260
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:03 am

it's a nice looking tooth.

ancient palm beach literature reads; if bequeathing a great white's tooth in oceanic waters by way of incident, one must wear it around thy neck for total immunity from further Selachimorpha consultation.
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests