Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

purple pyramids
barnacle

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by purple pyramids » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:12 am

how beautiful was yesterday evening with the moon rising over the water? nice as it was i should probably try for something a little earlier today.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:49 pm

waited twenty minutes for a wave. scored a good one. my superior wave choice was confirmed as i pulled out and found someone else on the wave behind me. two peaks had lined up. an apology and all was right.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 pm

the pot...it was actually really, really fun 8)

super crowded...but really fun, no real dramas...just wait and u shall recieve :shock:

the swells funny as....it's bigger on first point than little cove :lol: :P

the pot was great but inside shit

2 ft max....queenslanders be calling it 6 to 8 :roll:

p.s still in boardies 8)
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:the pot...it was actually really, really fun 8)

super crowded...but really fun, no real dramas...just wait and u shall recieve :shock:

the pot was great but inside shit

2 ft max....queenslanders be calling it 6 to 8 :roll:

p.s still in boardies 8)
6 to 8...bullshit mate, I'd be calling it DOH! Double Over Head brother! Wooohooo

Still in bordies here in PNG...actually, we're always in boardies here although I'm sure going to get smashed up when I spend 4 days on the STH Coast of NSW mid May!

Not much happening on the Island, although reports say we should get some good four ft+ (TOH) waves over the easter weekend...I wonder if the Easter Bunny is game to come here?
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
I noticed that on Monday too. I ended up surfing on the main beach, was much bigger but blowing a gale. :roll:

We'll have to have a sesh one day Fong.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 am

Yeeeeah, everyones out of town and only beaches facing due south are getting any swell. Enjoy the traffic in and out of the water.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

disappointed
Grommet

Post by disappointed » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

Small but clean, fast, sucky waves this morning provided some entertainment. The entertainment came from watching many awkward and clumsy surfers unable to get to their feet before dropping into a full force nose dive and face splat, or not getting to their feet at all before being pitched by the lip and pounded into the shallow sand bank. With the beautiful weather conditions this morning and being a semi work day the crowd was in full force, but I barely saw anyone else make a takeoff.
The waves were very consistent, so similar to the Smith virus from the Matrix it was like seeing continuous inexorable plague of Tom McNamee’s going over the falls or nose diving while boards were flying about.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Some fun stuff at my local today. Wind swell only but big enough to give a bit of length to the rides. Hit the water at 5.45am. Three of us. And that's all for 2 1/2 hours. One wave skier on the inside not in the way and two others turned up just as we were leaving.
Day before Easter, School holidays and just the three of us sharing fun waves.
Ledge, - just Pete, Joe and me. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:26 pm

TrevG wrote:Some fun stuff at my local today. Wind swell only but big enough to give a bit of length to the rides. Hit the water at 5.45am. Three of us. And that's all for 2 1/2 hours. One wave skier on the inside not in the way and two others turned up just as we were leaving.
Nice one Trev, why am I never around for those types of days...although, three's nearly a crowd up here.

Hitting it tomorrow morning with one other guy, we have a three hour window before we need to be at work so we're going to a cranky little reef that has quality waves. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your easter mate.
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 am

TrevG wrote:Some fun stuff at my local today. Wind swell only but big enough to give a bit of length to the rides. Hit the water at 5.45am. Three of us. And that's all for 2 1/2 hours. One wave skier on the inside not in the way and two others turned up just as we were leaving.
That was me in the surfhat Trev. Were you in a blue rashie, red boardies on a white board?. If so i'll say g'day next time. Ps : it soon degenerated into the united nations of surfcraft . Kayaks, canoes , skis , sups, and more. All friendly though.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:23 am

smallhouse wrote:
That was me in the surfhat Trev. Were you in a blue rashie, red boardies on a white board?. If so i'll say g'day next time. Ps : it soon degenerated into the united nations of surfcraft . Kayaks, canoes , skis , sups, and more. All friendly though.

Yep. I remember you. Impressive hat. :wink: I think we did actually acknowledge one another didn't we.
The board is one of Mark's. The "Swinger-with-length". I normally use it on the beachies and a yellow mal at the point.

Look forward to catching up.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:52 am

queens head on a 9'2". Just nice and relaxing. Looking forward to ANZAC day, 4 ft, then Dragons v Chooks at the SFS.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Late arvo session at Juc, with a lineup consisting of Bede Durbidge and Taj Burrow... I think I may have been out of my league :shock:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Friday's looking good for SE coast...

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 am

cliffs_anzacday.jpg

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 am

How big is that Dug ? I am mind surfing those lefts and already chose what boards I wanna ride out there..... :roll: :)

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 am

MP... on the Roy Olo scale about 9 - 15ft. :lol:

Local scale 3 maybe 4ft out the back.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:52 am

sweet, what ya riding out there ?