Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm

crowded as all hell but still some bloody great waves around last few days...got 1 insane little pit this morning, so clean and wide for a 3ft wave....tomoz looks like it could be good too and lots of people with loaded up cars leaving town too......

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Surfed South Durras this morning with a big crowd of 4 guys. 3 to 4ft with some bloody great beach barrels on offer...mistakes were rewarded with sever poundings! Life is good!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm

TrevG wrote:Day 4 at my local.
Marginally smaller then yesterday, but the lines...Oh the lines. 8)
You're missing it Ledge. :P
2 more broken boards.
Slightly more crowded today, too.
One of the shortboard regulars was late in the water. Tells me he arrived as I was paddling out at first light but decided to go check the beachies.
"Wrong" apparently. :mrgreen:
Surfed your local yesterday morning Trev. Saw a few older guys on mals but felt it would be a nit strange asking them if their name was Trev
wasn't too bad a sesh apart from all the cnuts in the water
oh and I cut my little toe rocking off :(

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

Got some fun uncrowded 2-3ft waves this morning with the odd freak 3ft+ bomb set at my usual. You had to pick your waves and there was a bit of gurgle/morning sickness early on, but by around 7:30am she started to turn on some nice barrels indeed. With just me and a handful of mates in the middle of school holidays, who's complaining.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 am

Just got back from points mid north coast yesterday and its time for a rest. Funny how you can find some places absolutely packed in kind of out of the way spots i.e. Seal Rocks and then score much better waves at almost as well known spots. I have never seen so many cars and people at Seals. The septic tank was bursting at the toilets.

Easter Monday and about 20 guys spread out along this point a bit further north with really clean bowling peaks rolling down the line into the fast inside section. Really cruisy vibe on the take off. Best wave I got the guy next to me asked if I wanted it cause there'd been a bit of a lull while he was paddling out. So many waves.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm

The Bra. Farkin crap. Banks are just rubbish. Shutdown City. That's three days in a row on my farkin holidays. So over it.

Came home and continued digging and picking but fueled with a shit-surf fury.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm

You know when you don't feel like surfing the usual dross after you've scored a few good ones away and against your better judgment you paddle out anyway.........at Bondi with close outs everywhere and a rip running the length of the southend from the pavilion to the icebergs. :x :x :x :x :x
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 am

Today was not actually any smaller than yesterday and more consistent.
First half hour just 5 friends enjoying the constant waves, NW wind and sunrise through the cloudbank. 8)
After that a few more drifted out but surf stayed good.
Getting the swinger tomorrow so hopefully there'll be a little leftover.

There's a SUP in there. 8) Marcus from Beach Beat.
2010_040880410Moff0006 (Small).JPG
Ledge71 having fun on his baby board.Mikstix#24
2010_040880410Moff0002 (Small).JPG
2010_040880410Moff0003 (Small).JPG
2010_040880410Moff0009 (Small).JPG
Ahhh! Queensland. Beautiful one day, perfect the next. 8) 8)
2010_040880410Moff0014 (Small).JPG
Last edited by Trev on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 am

i snapped a board on tuesday at a forgotten currumbin bank, lazily lost rail as i was mesmerised by an overhead wall starting to pitch over my head. board and me got sucked over only to be pounded into a foot of water. the cleanest break you'll ever see in a board haha

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey Iggy i was out at Wanda after my night shift on Wednesday morning... Very nice indeed... except for all the drop-ins i received.

A lot of paddling to be done to keep good position though.

Sounds like you got a few.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 pm

iggy wrote:nice clean conditions there trev, sun's out, birds chirping etc...
but typical of that location, it's small, weak and slow looking :D
Yep, Iggs. Last of the summer wine. Been big and heavy enough over Easter to snap at least 6 boards I know of, though.
Still plenty of quicker sections today, though.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 pm

iggy wrote: Trev, what's Ann Street left hander reef been like of late?
have had that place on a few times over the years, and it's gets some teeth on it at times..
Yeah. It's an awesome place on its day. Gets terribly crowded with grommets (Currimundi State School is just up on the corner- "Riding the waves to success") and from the Dicky Beach caravan park.
But, as you say, get it early and the lefts in particular are awesome.
Even on a mal :wink: I've been solidly worked over and bounced off the bottom even on an Iggy Standard (IS) 2 foot day.
I tend to only go there as a last resort due to the crowds.
As I'm sure you're aware, there are also some very tasty spots just a bit further up the beach. As DonW and Tiger can attest. Fong and Digger were heading down that way this morning but I suspect there might have been waves closer to home for them.
Beanpole

Skipper

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

yer trev, we heading down to tulla but it really sucked, got in the water there about 6ish and lasted a little bit, got back on my bike and headed back to the bay and coolum and scored good lefts, fong headed down to ann street to check it out as he is working at buderim tonight.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:34 pm

iggy wrote:^^ Wurtulla and Kawana offer up some of the best beachies i've ever surfed..
the entire sunny coast is a hot bed of potential, but the one thing it lacks is consistency of swell..
it's too hit and miss, too season, and you'd need to invest in a longboard to get the most out of your surfing all year round..
yes yes you're quite right. nothing to see here, move along.

you all better stay in sydney, nothing up here but sharks and paddle boards and XXXX gold. no waves to speak of, none at all.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:53 pm

i agree, nsw has the best allround surf in oz hands down.

but while i'm living in qld i'll make the most of what we've got.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 pm

el rancho wrote:i agree, nsw has the best allround surf in oz hands down.
True.
But at least Queensland's only HALF full of southerners. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Iggs i'd hate to see how many km's you have on your car...

I've surfed with you at Maroubra and then a few months later bumped into you at Bulli.

I have no idea where you're "local" is but you sound like you get around a bit... And i meant that in a nomadic way, not a slutty way ;)
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 pm

JET01 wrote:Iggs i'd hate to see how many km's you have on your car...

I've surfed with you at Maroubra and then a few months later bumped into you at Bulli.

I have no idea where you're "local" is but you sound like you get around a bit... And i meant that in a nomadic way, not a slutty way ;)
Now Jet, how many klms have you on YOUR car???
Beanpole

Skipper