Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Revolution » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:25 pm

My mate just got back from oceans grove and told me he was in boardies the entire time.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:25 pm

scored some really fun waveswith my son this morning, only 2ft where we went but up the beach was 3 -3 1/2 but there sometimes is a sneaky peeling left up a bit where not too many go and it was doin it today so it was just my son and I for about an hour on perfect little running 2ft lefts ( perfect size for him ), clear water, boardies only, wave for wave, heaps of hooting and he was trying to get in the barrells, great fun......stuff sitting in the middle of 40 idiots fighting for waves even if it was bigger, I'll have that beach to myself again in 5 weeks........ 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Revolution wrote:My mate just got back from oceans grove and told me he was in boardies the entire time.
But did he go surfing?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm

TrevG wrote:
Revolution wrote:My mate just got back from oceans grove and told me he was in boardies the entire time.
But did he go surfing?
Actually he didnt :lol:

Just took alot of photos.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Had a decent wave today at a local that was protected from the wind, had some great waves.... A little bit of punch in the waves. checked out the swurf at perigian and the banks were perfect, just a vicious sweep that would carry you down the beach 200 meters before you blinked your eyes, will check out my spot tommorow and see what the bank is doing, if the sweep dies off it will be epic
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:17 am

diggerdickson wrote:, if the sweep dies off it will be epic
I bet the sweep died....and so did the swell!

Got the bar pretty good between 4.30 and about 5.15am, then to much water on it.

Trev, it might be on in the morning if this Southerly hit tonight!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:31 am

Down the coal coast. Bit choppy, but some nice 2-3 ft sets coming in at the right places.
If it feels good, do it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:22 pm

ledge71 wrote:
diggerdickson wrote:, if the sweep dies off it will be epic
I bet the sweep died....and so did the swell!

Got the bar pretty good between 4.30 and about 5.15am, then to much water on it.

Trev, it might be on in the morning if this Southerly hit tonight!
Might be worth checking late this arvo.
Southerly is already at Southport spit.
Low tide at 4.30 pm.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Just got in from a week at nth straddy.

Very average surf with only a couple of ok days at main. Cylinders was fked the whole time due to the persistant NE winds

silvafish
Grommet

Post by silvafish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:20 pm

back from 17days doing laps of tasmania...great place for xmas,weather as good as it gets,a few waves here and there,did the shippies walk,but onshore and tiny.local crew were the best ,secret spots to offers of couches every coast,like going to nz but no kiwis!lots of cream spots,just need the right moments like anywhere

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:46 pm

TrevG wrote:Might be worth checking late this arvo.
Southerly is already at Southport spit.
Low tide at 4.30 pm.
Tues/Wed I reckon at your local Trev. With some fun sized (albeit inconsistent) S'ly groundswells on offer both days, in fact with Wed offering some very nice long period stuff with a very unusual direction (for that period swell) east of south.

Expect long waits though, partic on Wed for the larger sets.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:14 pm

There's something special about a session in the aftermath of a storm.
Several days of Northerlies, barely backing off overnight, preceding a mid afternoon storm and wind change.
This afternoon was like that, bringing memories of my teenaged years on the Goldie, coming home from school and racing back to Kirra or Snapper for a late session till after dark.
Today was a bit like that. Small, short period windswell but beautiful conditions and only 3 of us in the water.
Can't wait till Wednesday, Don. 8)
Hopefully there'll be something small tomrrow morning as well. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 pm

TrevG wrote:Hopefully there'll be something small tomrrow morning as well. :wink:
cya there

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 am

curly wrote:Hatchman - whats the water temp like in vic at the moment?? Been working in NSW for the last 8 months but heading back for a month tomorrow. Trying to work out whether I will need a steamer or a whether a springy will suffice. Cheers
Temp is really nice mate.

Springy would definitely suffice, I wear a steamer all year round though, in the summer it's due to the sun-burn factor as my pasty white Northern Irish skin refuses to tan :?
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:45 am

%@**&## ESE'er. :twisted: :twisted:
Beanpole

Skipper

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:57 am

Overly fat, full tide reef populated by overly fat, full bellied old pr1cks. Started out only 4 out, but the place magically transformed into Kook magnet and by 8am there were 15 out there. After the second fat, pasty skinned git on a mini-mal paddled across in front of me on one of the one wave sets rolling in every 10 minutes, fcuking it up for me and the two other people out there that could actually stand up and surf for longer than three metres, I'd had enough and caught the next one in. :roll:

bintang

Post by bintang » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Curly: Longish period 2-3ft shorebreak lines every 10 mins, breaking hard in a foot or less of water and barrelling across a rip.Two stitches in my face from my fin. Worth it.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

bintang wrote:Curly: Longish period 2-3ft shorebreak lines every 10 mins, breaking hard in a foot or less of water and barrelling across a rip.Two stitches in my face from my fin. Worth it.
Photo please!