Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Donweather » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:08 pm

diggerdickson wrote:for some reason I doubt that don :( The wind has started blowing agian her at coolum, just to really stuff up tommorow
Tell me about it!!! I got up at 4am....checked the weather stations. Seaway blowin 10-15 knt N/NE. Cooly blowing 5-10knt N'ly. Rolled back over and went back to sleep. Checked the stations at 7am when I woke back up. Winds swung light NW/N at 4:30am and then remained light and variable for most of the morning!!! Huey, you are a cnut!!!

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:28 pm

the spit. 3ft, crowded and swell a little too straight for the banks.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Bribie..again.

Don't tell anyone!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Just got back from two days surfing Boomerang, a go out at the right at Seal Rocks followed by three days at Crescent :D :D :D :D
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Got some fun waves down the Tweed Coast this morning. Nothing special, just some peaky 2-3ft. A bit fat on the big high tide but as the tide dropped they started to wall up a bit better. I'm still blown away by the Tweed Coast. Goldy has 9000 surfers all over the place and yet you can travel an extra half an hour and find just as good a wave with just you and your mates and not another soul for as far as the eye could see.

All this right in the middle of the busiest holidays of the year. Love it!!! :) :D :)

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Back home in the south west for Christmas break and hitting the old faithful spots.

Sunday morning was Three Bears, very busy in the water but some good ones to be had at Babies..

Sunday night was a reasonably uncrowded session in onshore Yallingup, probably only 3 foot (maybe 4 foot on the sets), high tide meant easy take offs and fatbacks into the pocket. Wind was up but not strong enough for the kiteboarders and windsurfers to dominate the place.

Monday arvo was a session at Smiths Beach, super fun rights with small barrels to be had and walled up lefts for a few hits. Got out and walked up to Supers for a few, after three wipeouts from three waves left me deposited on the reef after each one, swallowed my pride and ignored the lids and headed back to the relative ease of the main Smiths reef.

Tuesday was dead flat and couldn't be arsed with the crowds at Bears.

Today is 6-8 foot with 30+ knots of wind, will head around to the Dunsborough side to see if Rockies or Farm are turning on, they weren't for the early this morning but hopefully with a bit of refraction it will start turning on.

Love the sou-west!

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Donweather wrote:. Winds swung light NW/N at 4:30am and then remained light and variable for most of the morning!!! Huey, you are a cnut!!!
yes...indeed...u should been here :lol:

surfed out little cove today ( true :shock: ), yes..it was pretty frocked :lol:

it was crowded, small, and u where lucky get a section , full sea lice,

but man...what a backdrop and great day

i could rave on like a stoner on steriods or the byron bay report guy here :D

sometimes

it's just unreal get wet :idea: and live next the ocean
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Drove around for 2 hours this morning to find something. Anything!

Got sweet FA

Even went to place number 17 which had a few guys out but a bit too steep for my board so I sat on the cliff for a while and watched.

Taking out the longboard tomorrow in the hope of being a wave slut!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Ive got 2 weeks holidays coming up on friday, and after reading swellnet my first thought was bloody typical, no swell again. Please let it be wrong, I so want to surf heaps in my holidays, the last set of holidays I had up here there was no swell either. Bloody sunshine coast, no swell, no waves, expensive to live and the place just sucks, ask iggs, he agrees :wink:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm

With out a surf for 2+ weeks i went down this arvo to find some fun little shories and a few lil barrels to have fun it.

I probably wont surf for another month now :?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:39 am

Gunnamatta this morning.

Around 2 - 3 foot with the occasional 2 metre on the face bomb coming through.

It was crowded (by Vicco standards) but mostly holiday and summer blow-ins so as a result I got heaps of waves, bombs out the back, reforms closer in etc.... as most didn't know what they were doing

Surfed for over two hours and now I am rooted!

Happy News Years :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Had a few out at the pocket this morning, swell seemed to have a bit more push this morning though still not enough to get overly amped. Wind seemed to swing more north too which was welcome.
Happy new year all

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Toby wrote:
clay wrote:Got out and walked up to Supers for a few, after three wipeouts from three waves left me deposited on the reef after each one, swallowed my pride and ignored the lids and headed back to the relative ease of the main Smiths reef.
:lol: I hate Supertubes, especially on my backhand. The few surfs I've had out there have all been disasters.
I was trying to work it out and I think the last time I surfed Supers would have been nearly 10 years ago. I used to love the place but I'm no longer as quick getting to my feet as I used to be and that split second delay is now the difference between bottom turning under a lip and going over the falls with it!

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Last two days have been earlies at Yallingup, getting ready to paddle out and there have been already 30 - 40 people out on all sorts of crafts... SUP's, mals, lids as well as shortboards. Very difficult grabbing one from the pack in the inconsistent 3 -4 footers.

Back in Perth for a few days before I have to leave. OddaP - I had forgotten how craptacular Perth summers can be. Much respect for having the drive to still get waves in summer! Went for a morning run around 7.30 along Scarborough and the sou-wester was already getting up and people were struggling in virtually 1/2 - 1 foot closeouts between Brighton and Trigg Point. I considered it unsurfable yet there were still punters having a bsh!

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Hatchman wrote:Gunnamatta this morning.

Around 2 - 3 foot with the occasional 2 metre on the face bomb coming through.

It was crowded (by Vicco standards) but mostly holiday and summer blow-ins so as a result I got heaps of waves, bombs out the back, reforms closer in etc.... as most didn't know what they were doing

Surfed for over two hours and now I am rooted!

Happy News Years :D
Enjoy it Hatchy and the New Year the reason Gunna's relatively uncrowded is that your statesmen are all here at Flatnimbula wallowing round, every sort of craft imaginable + Burqa babes et al.
Usual performance, dragging fighting drunks out of the tidal entrance mos start going back Monday the try( die ) hards and good family folk stay till Australia day.
Advantage they don't get up early if a good swell happen they don't come out chances improve :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

curly

Post by curly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Hatchman - whats the water temp like in vic at the moment?? Been working in NSW for the last 8 months but heading back for a month tomorrow. Trying to work out whether I will need a steamer or a whether a springy will suffice. Cheers