Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

gibber
Local

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by gibber » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 pm

yeah i know donny...its been worth it though.
May start to become a habit :shock:

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:12 am

Just got back from Fiji...... off now to surf J Bay.

Bye bye office workers :lol:

P.S work till 2012 and then perish !

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am

_________________________________ here.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:55 am

no surf for my day off, bloody typical, but thats ok suppose, new board coming soon, so soon
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

Went out at the regular reefbreak today.

The swell was a very slow and lazy 2 ft, got a few in a quick hour just waiting for the sets.

Not much else on the horizon here as the Indian Ocean settles down a bit it seems.

The days of a quick surf before work will soon become a distant memory I fear as spring looks to assert itself :(

At least there's a brief late season Bali trip very soon :P

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:14 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 am

Sunday

Went to Gunnamatta, wind ws forecast to be light from the NE, swell around 3 to 5 foot and tide on the rise from 0630.

Conditions were glassy when I got there but the swell/banks weren't great. Anything over 5 foot and it closed out and it was rare to get one that had a decent face.

Pretty frustrating surf really, found it really hard to pick them and as a result only got a couple. Last one made up for it though, managed to keep my footing on a pretty steep drop on a 5 foot wave and got a nice ride.

Got smashed a couple of times on some bomb sets as well which made it all a bit more fun.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:37 pm

dbah..3ft..north end. got a couple of fun ones. bit of a sweep, not too crowded.

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Went back to a spot I found is working for this predominately south window. Found it last wens after an atrocious day the day before - part of which included going down to bronte and watching for 15 minutes and every wave I saw break had someone on it and 1/2 of them had a another passenger, nice bank but the 100 or so on it doesn't work for me so I went home dejected and it only got worse from there. Last wens I didn't get out'a barrel but racked up plenty of tube time, including a fine standing only green room.

Today there wasn't anyone else out when I paddled out, so finding the take off was a guess as a set turned up just as I did, so I headed to the same spot as last wens just a bit further out. That turned out to be a good guess as a wave started jacking on the slab, but it's one of those hey I'm not ready yet points, the first let alone second wind hadn't kicked in, I hadn't done my wax the feet thing ( you know stand on your board and wiggle em about) and I didn't feel warmed up enough, so I felt a bit out'a sorts but took it any way. I didn't have much to think about on the wave, skidded down the slabbing take off set the rail, point, stand up tall as it through, do a little bit of a pump about 30-40 m later to setup for the exit which just clipped my rear hand (left - as it should be) and made it out to the flats with a giggle and a hoop :| :) :D :lol:

The next wave I was still un-prepared and my front foot slipped as I was setting up for the barrel ending with a bit more damage to my hip from the unexpected splits. The one after that was a bit to steep, the one after that I was to late on and then the crowd started to show and the waves started to slow with the high tide. About 1.5 hours later I got out on a nice wave, which was commented on in the car park - but I was still thinking about that first wave, which I'm thinking has to be barrel of the year - uh no it's not, I got a dry stand up back hand, back door at superbank mach something

sweet dreams tonight
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:11 am

Hope you got some DonW. I did and it looked like it might be happening up the beaches abit as well.
Also had a ride on my mate's G&S 8 footer. Now this is a big jump for me (normally 9'+)
Got a few good waves. Bit of fun. 8)
Looking good for the next couple of days but I shouldn't have said that, should I? :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

TrevG wrote:Hope you got some DonW.
Yeah I did thanks Trev. Was perfect early on. Clean and some really fun peaks with some nice power for their size. Wind got up around 7ish and with the big incoming tide she started to drown a bit.

Not sure if you'll get much tomoz with the devil wind forecast. Thursday looks better for you.

And I wont mention beyond that :shock:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:55 am

Still waves about today.
A bit smaller and less consistent than yesterday but better than Monday.
The dreaded NE wind held off.
It was nicely SW overnight - after several hours of dead calm.
Still offshore when I came in at 7am.
A very fun morning, especially as it was unexpected. 8)
While I was drying off (me, not my board :roll: ), I watched a guy take off out the back on a good long wall which reformed twice into long hollow sections and he finally stepped off in knee deep water right in front of the steps. Told him he was banned for the next week. He reckoned it was worth it. :lol:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:17 am

Im sitting in my office at Caloundra Trev looking outside and thinking I might get some use of of the fatbat and twinny I have in the car...

Had a decent little surf up my end of the coast, just some knee to waist high sliders on the log.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 am

dont think I will be surfing tommorow due to my back, but you never know, im hoping it comes good as im hanging for a surf
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:07 am

marcus_h wrote:Im sitting in my office at Caloundra Trev looking outside and thinking I might get some use of of the fatbat and twinny I have in the car...

Had a decent little surf up my end of the coast, just some knee to waist high sliders on the log.
hit the kings groin!

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:59 am

Just checked, not really doing its thing. Little ones at happys though

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 pm

TrevG wrote:Still waves about today.
A bit smaller and less consistent than yesterday but better than Monday.
The dreaded NE wind held off.
It was nicely SW overnight - after several hours of dead calm.
Still offshore when I came in at 7am.
A very fun morning, especially as it was unexpected. 8)
Actually, I mislead Don in a text. Said 2' max. but in fact there were a few 3' sets. I was just never in the right spot. The smaller ones seemed to line up longer as usual.
Beanpole

Skipper