Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:30 pm

well how much would you pay for a few hours in those smoking rights you posted the pic of ??? give her that much.... dont need to go OS with the waves that have been around of late.... 8)

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Nowhere since Sunday and probably nowhere till next Wednesday :evil:

Getting hammered by the weather today and it keeps on keeping on.

The swell forecasts are almost of the page though, pity the winds aren't going to play ball.

I remember September always being a crapola month back east, seeing the pics and reading the posts is just making me jealous :oops:

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:53 pm

the spit after the nor easter got up. wasn't great but uncrowded and a few workable lefts every now & then. definitely going hunting early tomorrow as the swell seems to be dropping.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:11 pm

great banks near where old Burleigh rd. bends in off the beach, just look a bit south and you shall see a nice punchy right hander...and if it is crowded there tomorrow and you see a guy with a black rails and black bottomed board, dont tell him I posted this....ha ha ha...( not very nice of me hey but he did say he is sick of surfing the great waves all by himself ha ha ha...) :twisted: :D

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 pm

I wonder if that's where these pics are taken from (this was yesterday)......
HEAVYNECK_1_3_1.jpg

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 pm

guard wrote:.. so have plans for tomorrow if the winds are good..
so where you heading guard ... :?:

do tell ... :idea:

:mrgreen:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 am

guard wrote:Do any Sydney surfers dissagree with posting details here? Im a little bummed about how many mals etc were out today on that bank Jet and i were chatting about...but it might have nothing to do with posting about good banks here. Probably just a nice day.

Had two good surfs today,two places and its picking up (5ft sets)but it seems swinging SE swell.. so have plans for tomorrow if the winds are good.
I better not jinx it so ill say i think it will be crumbly wedges or flat.

....i only did that to stir up a good mate, he has had awesome waves for the last 4 or 5 and he has had it to himself, and not far from the centre of Surfers' either, he told me he is sick of surfing it all by himself so....he is a good bloke and would only laugh at this anyway..interested to see if anyone went there today, maybe a bit of a test to see.... :roll: :) 8)

And yes Don, it looks very similar to that pic you posted but ho knows.... :?: 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:13 am

A bit smaller today. Still great conditions and I imagine there would have been beachies going off all the way to Noosa.
2009_091109JanSurf0006 (Medium).JPG
2009_091109JanSurf0007 (Medium).JPG
2009_091109JanSurf0010 (Medium).JPG
2009_091109JanSurf0011 (Medium).JPG
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

foot-e

Post by foot-e » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 am

pridmore wrote:great banks near where old Burleigh rd. bends in off the beach, just look a bit south and you shall see a nice punchy right hander...and if it is crowded there tomorrow and you see a guy with a black rails and black bottomed board, dont tell him I posted this....ha ha ha...( not very nice of me hey but he did say he is sick of surfing the great waves all by himself ha ha ha...) :twisted: :D
haha..hey thats right where my oldies live...put the kids and the board in the car and headed up that way to visit the old man on fathers day. But by the time we did the soccer finals, etc. and got up there, the northerlies were well and truly into it...but I could well see that bank you describing. No matter got me share down this way this week. :D

Saltman 2

Post by Saltman 2 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:41 am

Out front again - about 4 seperate banks along 300 meters spreading 10 -15 guys out The 3ft swell had a lovely peaky shape + light westerly wind resulting in lots of barrells- looked a lot like a classic French surf scene minus the girls . Best session of the week for me
Love not what you are, but what you may become

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:17 pm

The left I been surfing was still doing a nice little Padang impersonation.
Around the corner the Points were super rippable but fully attended.
Best September ever.
sep11tube.jpg
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Some good footage from Wednesday.

http://www.vimeo.com/6508804

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm

The banks are the best since Winter '06 when it was like a cross between Indo and Hossegor for 3months.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 pm

My only concern is that are we having a delayed Spring and hence the start of summer may well see crap conditions? The current water temps are reasonably higher than what they are normally at this time of year....so my question is will the water temps still continue downwards into late Spring and early Summer, thus inducing the usual crappy onshore devil wind and associated devil windslop swells? Please, someone, tell me I'm wrong. :?:

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:39 pm

^^ Sydney water temps always bottom out in October. I am hinting that the surf around here will keep on into early November with a wet NOV-DEC then flatten out for an onshore summer with a few short southerly swells thown in. Likely to be a hot JAN-FEB.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:40 pm

we may have our ws crssed, I thought when they said 'the spit', that was the goldy....and you arent at the goldy ??? :? 8)

water is cold here too, surfed in boardies today but it was freezing, ok for the first half hour but after that too cold and the southerly didnt help....springy is perfect IMO.... surfed boardies for a week on Sunny Coast about 2 weeks ago...

Saltman 2

Post by Saltman 2 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Donweather wrote:Some good footage from Wednesday.

http://www.vimeo.com/6508804
That last barrell at 1.20 is insane I'm with Shearer - best start to spring in memory
Love not what you are, but what you may become

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 pm

the spit again, early. the swell seemed a little more from the south today and some were shutting down BUT if you picked the right one....woooo!