NSW vs VIC

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

TC

Post by TC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:25 pm

stuey wrote: TC, ever surfed wild dog?
Nope. ever surf carey green?

and oi, don't be pluggin casio calculators - i saw ya.

stuey

Post by stuey » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:28 pm

heheheh Nope to da first one, and claculators aint me thing mate. hehehe
Go wildy on a 3 foot day at wooly. Hold yar nadz cos its an evil right rounder dan round. Been pitched some horrors there on me backhand, but when ya make da take orf its like a crystal imax in there it throws so well.

TC

Post by TC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:44 pm

did you get out to EP much. I reckon thats pretty hard to top. There used to be a kneelo out there ith one leg. quite seriously and he ripped. thats pretty round when its working

stuey

Post by stuey » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:54 pm

Yeah I know the kneelo ya mean. Ive been there a few times, once when TC and KS were filmin a commercial and I couldnt believe what they were doin on dat wave. The crew used ta be a bit evil and I wasnt as good as I am now, so t wasnt big on me list. I was always tryin ta get out on me own, so surfed the reefs behind the racecourse, pyramid wildy etc.
If I saw Ep with only a coupla crew I would hit it til it got crowded then leave. Got so that I just decided I would surf elsewhere and log up a heap more wave time.

TC

Post by TC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:03 pm

I wouldna even surfed EP ten times but it just sticks in my mind - more of wot could be than wot actually was. Ha! I go the wave time meself too. thats why i love the south coast of nsw.

Used to luv quarantine but you know its is a full on tow in spot now. Its bullshit. only need three of em out there and you simply can't get a wave at all. all changed so much down there in the last few years. spooks is still filthy. fingle, one of me favs still pumps with NO crew. schank great when its big. etc etc... all pretty good stuff really

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:09 am

Vic for sure - with TC and Stuey on that one
fine sand packed on rock bottom, punchy swell
When I was down there I thought 5 people was a crowd - then I moved to NSW
Never had a problem with the water temp - 3/2 with a radiator rashie in winter - booties and gloves tho are required

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:13 am

With dat get up Caz, ya obviously didnt surf many of the evilest days. 3/2 my arse! Howling westely winds, pissin down rain, 300 meter walk to the sand and yar wearin a 3/2? hmmm maybe I better try eatin some ethnic slur goes here food. Grows hair all over ya body like a bloody werewolf so ya dont need the 4/3 eh?

roland

Post by roland » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:28 am

i'm not having a problem at the moment with a 3/2 + a hood. ( been told you lose most ya body heat through ya noggin) but i hasn't really chilled right down yet.

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:40 am

Stuey - 3/2 + radiator rashie - every Saturday and Sunday all winter.
One time it was raining so hard and getting driven by the wind it hurt - almost sleet
hopped off the board and used it as a shield
the beauty of it - noone else out
couple hours in the water - come out - thermos full of hot chocolate then back out for another 2 then a hot pie and coffee at Klemm's (they sold up btw - no longer Klemm's) - or if up Smith's Beach way the fish'nchips shop there --- mmm the chickie behind the counter was tasty - she lost her top one summer day in the surf - natural wonders they were ... enough to keep a bloke warm through the worst winter gale and coming back for more :)

TC

Post by TC » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:50 am

ya call that surfin! "raining so hard and getting driven by the wind it hurt - almost sleet. hopped off the board and used it as a shield."

mate, don the old 4/3 (leave ya hat 'n gloves at home with tha missus) and just focus on tha waves!

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:02 am

One time it was raining so hard and getting driven by the wind it hurt - almost sleet
hopped off the board and used it as a shield
the beauty of it - noone else out
couple hours in the water - come out - thermos full of hot chocolate then back out for another 2 then a hot pie and coffee at Klemm's (they sold up btw - no longer Klemm's) - or if up Smith's Beach way the fish'nchips shop there --- mmm the chickie behind the counter was tasty - she lost her top one summer day in the surf - natural wonders they were ... enough to keep a bloke warm through the worst winter gale and coming back for more :)[/quote]

Ha ha that brings back memories Caspa. The rain coming in sideways and so heavy and cold that it stings the hell out of ya face. Ya ears and nose feel like they are gonna fall off. Then sitting in ya car with the heater on for a while until ya can feel everything again.

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:16 am

TC .. good one michellin man :)-
To be honest - I was in US in 97 and was going to get a 4/3 but the guy talked me into the O'neill 3/2 - I had a Peak 3/2 at that stage which is why I wanted a 4/3 - the O'neill was super toasty compared - the first time I used it fit so well and was so well sealed it hardly got wet inside.
Just as well coz in Sept 99 I moved to Sydney so a 4/3 would be a waste.
The gloves were a bit of a mixed thing in winter -- kept hands warm so was able to use them but they got full of water and heavy

TC

Post by TC » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:22 am

only windin ya up cas

caspa

Post by caspa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:39 am

OK ... before I get any more apologies lets get a few things straight.
There is very little that offends me
It's almost impossible to insult me
I laugh at myself more than anyone else does
I am hardly ever serious unless my family is physically threatened - don't do it - bad for your health.
I LOVE to argue so I'll usually pick the opposite point of view and play devil's advocate - it's good to try and see all points of view.

So TC, Stuey, bumba -- relax, chill and take it easy - caspa can handle it :)

stretch
regular

Post by stretch » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:36 am

only been there a coupla times, but WA i gotta say is guaranteed to be crankin as we speak...guaranteed. less people too than both NSW and VIC . ....desert barrels, coldies and a coupla hotties waiting for ya in the tent....heaven.....cold water toooobs, chilled beerios and some horny sluts to help ease yourself to sleeeeeeeeeep.

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:01 pm

WA has some o the most godamn ugly women---are they women? on da planet. Most o em have teeth like tombstones in an old cemetery. I've seen smaller pots at da local nursery. Still da waves are good, but its a marathon drive between locationz. Ya gotta be a patient bugger over there.
And caz, how hairy are ya mate? Comb yar neck do ya? Or still a few yearz before yar combin yar nostrillia?

yappa

Post by yappa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:13 pm

You guys are kidding- the post says which state has the best waves - no one has mentioned NSW as the winner but consider the waves it has The Pass, Broken Head, Lennox,Angourie, Scotts, Sandon and these are the well known ones think of all the other lesser known spots. Fair enough t is more crowded but i think the warmth factor evens that out a bit , the other thing to think of is the expanse of coastline, NSW is some 1600 kms long and every 100 km has its fair share of classics, Vico is good but i'll take NSW anyday

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:16 pm

dunno where ya went in WA stuey, but the girls around Perth, Fremantle and south round Margarets were definitely ok last time I passed through...(maybe ya was at the stables in Kalgoorlie :twisted: :twisted: or was it further north...say with the girls that come with "factory fitted" tans around Geraldton :wink: )