Vego Surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

yomutha
Grommet

Vego Surfers

Post by yomutha » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Are there any vegetarian surfers on ere? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world...

Only famous ones I know are Rasta and Xavier Rudd (and maybe Owen Wright?).

Beerfan

Re: Vego Surfers

Post by Beerfan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:28 am

If it helps my elbow get enough strength back to actually surf, i'll eat f&cking anything, im goin nuts.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 am

I'm about 90% vego.

But it's not for any reason other than the missus is 100% vego and I really like the taste of vegetables.

If I want to eat meat 9 times out of 10 I'll eat fish.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:31 am

my eldest daughter is a vegetarian (apparently all teenage girls go through this phase) and it sh!ts me, one wont eat meat, one wont eat red meet, one only eats certain vegetable or meats cooked in certain ways, wife changes mind like the weather and I feel like a short order cook at my house ... it is almost impossible to cook one meal that everyone will eat ...

I miss BBQ Ribs ..... :cry:

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:54 pm

i'm vego but i don't surf. my dad's favourite food was ham sandwiches up until he turned about 25, then he and mum went vego in order to 'treat the animals fair and clean up the air', and then they had me and my brother. dad surfed a lot at that time and he's still surfing today, just a bit less often. stil listening to beefheart too, but i think his favourite food now is cheese and tomato sandwiches. mum's still vego too, and when she came to vietnam a couple of weeks ago she brought me a block of rennet-free cheddar from the south coast of nsw for christmas. i cut a slice and thought about a carefree cow grazing on a green slope with bees and butterflies dancing in the daisies around her and a right reef slabbing and spitting at the foot of the hill. okay okay, i do surf sometimes.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Lucky Al wrote:... i cut a slice and thought about a carefree cow grazing on a green slope with bees and butterflies dancing in the daisies around her ...
sounds like she also brought you a block of something else ... :wink: :lol:

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:05 pm

i don't think laughing cow cheese comes in blocks - more like lumps. i'm reminded of my time in canberra (2003), when i had a lofty-minded and grand-mannered but lanky and unemployed housemate who for breakfast loved nothing better than to light up a fat joint and fry the hell out of a bunch of chops and snags. in a story he sent me the other day, three men from the future accept his invitation to dinner, and after they've eaten and are passing around a joint, one of them, dave, says, 'it’s almost impossible to get good shit like this in the twenty-fourth century, unless you travel back to 1979 and buy an ounce or two from a jamaican rastafarian.' and another of the men from the future, bill, says, 'it’s little things like that that make time travel worthwhile...'

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:24 pm

if i travelled back to 1979 i'd probably end up with a foily of dacca from the pool hall above kings cross station. not worth the chance of being half fly/half human.
it's the mandrax, tuinal and seconal that i miss from 1979.
Lucky Al wrote:i don't think laughing cow cheese comes in blocks - more like lumps. i'm reminded of my time in canberra (2003), when i had a lofty-minded and grand-mannered but lanky and unemployed housemate who for breakfast loved nothing better than to light up a fat joint and fry the hell out of a bunch of chops and snags. in a story he sent me the other day, three men from the future accept his invitation to dinner, and after they've eaten and are passing around a joint, one of them, dave, says, 'it’s almost impossible to get good shit like this in the twenty-fourth century, unless you travel back to 1979 and buy an ounce or two from a jamaican rastafarian.' and another of the men from the future, bill, says, 'it’s little things like that that make time travel worthwhile...'

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Lucky Al wrote: . i cut a slice and thought about a carefree cow grazing on a green slope with bees and butterflies dancing in the daisies around her and a right reef slabbing and spitting at the foot of the hill. .
i'd be thinking about the slice i'd be cutting from ole bossy there....medium rare hot and sizzling, covered in Carolina Treet. :lol:

sorry, Al, couldn't resist...
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm

PETA= people eating tasty animals :lol:

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:01 pm

nuffink ngo wrote:If dog meant us to be vegetarian we wouldn't have carnivorous teeth

I prefer to say there is one thing that prevents me from being vegetarian...

crackling.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:53 pm

oi you meat-eaters piss off out our thread!

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:53 pm

bookster wrote:crackling.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 pm

nuffink ngo wrote:If dog meant us to be vegetarian we wouldn't have carnivorous teeth
Reminds me of the lyrics from a Public Image Ltd … PIL … song by Johnny Lydon …

Stained glass windows keep the cold outside
While the hypocrites hide inside
With the lies of statues in their minds
Where the Christian religion made them blind
Where they hide
And prey to the God of a bitch spelled backwards is dog
Not for one race, one creed, one world
But for money
Effective
Absurd

Actually … I think you should have said …

If god had meant us to be vegetarians … he wouldn’t have made animals out of meat …

:shock:
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

yomutha
Grommet

Post by yomutha » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:50 pm

So you're sayin you only eat meat coz God created it for us??

Thats got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard in me life!!! Thats worse than sayin "cause it tastes good"!

dingoshred
regular

Post by dingoshred » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Vegeterians are the fake activists. Just like pacifists (if living in the bra has tought me anything its violence solves everything :D :p) :D

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 pm

yomutha wrote:So you're sayin you only eat meat coz God created it for us??

Thats got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard in me life!!! Thats worse than sayin "cause it tastes good"!
No no not at all … my reality doesn’t contain a creationist theory god thingamy jig ... :shock:

It does however contain nature and the circle of life. Animals including herbivores … omnivores and carnivores all contribute to this amazing sequence that is life on earth.
Insects do it … birds do it … fish do it … and mammals do it … they eat one and other.
Not all of them … some of them … predator and prey … the law of nature.
Humans are by nature omnivores … that’s a fact. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a vegetarian … whatever floats your boat …but don’t be too precious about it … it’s your choice … other people have theirs … its all good.

I think you may find that some … if not all of the pro-meat statements were in fact acts of humor … vegetarians do have a sense of humor … don’t they … if you have lost yours I’m sure it will turnip soon … lettuce all get along … no need to be a lentil case.

And by the way … yes a nice piece of steak cooked to perfection on the BBQ tastes fantastic … :lol:
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

yomutha
Grommet

Post by yomutha » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Womble wrote:
yomutha wrote:So you're sayin you only eat meat coz God created it for us??

No no not at all … my reality doesn’t contain a creationist theory god thingamy jig ... :shock:

It does however contain nature and the circle of life. Animals including herbivores … omnivores and carnivores all contribute to this amazing sequence that is life on earth.
Insects do it … birds do it … fish do it … and mammals do it … they eat one and other.
Not all of them … some of them … predator and prey … the law of nature.
Humans are by nature omnivores … that’s a fact. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a vegetarian … whatever floats your boat …but don’t be too precious about it … it’s your choice … other people have theirs … its all good.

I think you may find that some … if not all of the pro-meat statements were in fact acts of humor … vegetarians do have a sense of humor … don’t they … if you have lost yours I’m sure it will turnip soon … lettuce all get along … no need to be a lentil case.

And by the way … yes a nice piece of steak cooked to perfection on the BBQ tastes fantastic … :lol:
I know it's all in good intention, but it just frustrates me when I think your all wrong :twisted:

And a reply to the nature thing... Do you think humans are really natural? Do you hunt for your own meat (with your bare hands)? Do you eat your meat raw? Do you eat your own shit like every other carnivore does to get the digestive bacteria back into their systems? Do you eat to survive? That's the difference between us and every other carnivore/omnivore on the planet. While we do eat to survive, our main preference for food is our taste. Just something to think about.

I can also assure you my lentil chickpea curry would beat the living crap out of your charcoal covered steak :wink:
Last edited by yomutha on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.