does your surfing change as you get old(er)?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lovemuscle
Grommet

Post by lovemuscle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 pm

what sucks is if you forget to stretch a certain muscle, it will pull.

Im stoked if I can go a surf without doing any damgage!
Normally my shoulders feel like shit which can give me headaches.
And on the odd occasion I will wake up with a stiff back.

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:01 pm

I used to find any excuse to go for a surf ... now I seem to do the opposite ... I still go, just not as often as I did or would like to ... it's hard being a gump and being the quality of surfer that, in my arrogance, I used to laugh at ... I want to surf like I used to but I know I never will ... it's over to you guys. Just don't leave your buzzard on the beach too long, 'cos I'm not dead yet!

Marine Jacket Spud
Grommet

Post by Marine Jacket Spud » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Felix wrote:I used to find any excuse to go for a surf ... now I seem to do the opposite ... I still go, just not as often as I did or would like to ... it's hard being a gump and being the quality of surfer that, in my arrogance, I used to laugh at ... I want to surf like I used to but I know I never will ... it's over to you guys. Just don't leave your buzzard on the beach too long, 'cos I'm not dead yet!
I think that the standard of potato's has changed over the years. Has it affected my surfing ability? Who knows?

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:51 am

Ringmaster wrote:You're probably not slowing down IF you still make all kinds of excuses and/or sacrifices to get a surf in.

on the other hand............

I reckon you're on the downhill slide once you start making excuses/finding reasons NOT to get a possible surf in.
yeah, good point , I know what I'm doin' ... and I often ponder how senior at work I'd be and how much extra money I'd have if I'd gone the other way .... :wink:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:yeah, good point , I know what I'm doin' ... and I often ponder how senior at work I'd be and how much extra money I'd have if I'd gone the other way .... :wink:
Money’s not everything but memories are gold................ :wink:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Johnno wrote:
Surfin Turf wrote:yeah, good point , I know what I'm doin' ... and I often ponder how senior at work I'd be and how much extra money I'd have if I'd gone the other way .... :wink:
Money’s not everything but memories are gold................ :wink:
So Johnno, now that you managed to extract yourself from whatever (or whomever) it is you’ve been doing :wink: you gunna pissorf and stay quiet for another 6 months?

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:27 pm

ric_vidal wrote:So Johnno, now that you managed to extract yourself from whatever (or whomever) it is you’ve been doing :wink: you gunna pissorf and stay quiet for another 6 months?
Well if it is any consolation risky ric the last time a flu layed me up was about 3 years ago........................:wink:

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:35 am

Have'nt read a word of this post except the title.....

I'm 37 and watch both Nick, Tom and Derek Hynd..... Oh wait Rob Bain, Barton Lynch etc, Who are all past me, Always in talent but now I notice also in fitness.

I hate age. I am the ultimate grom, But F((uc)k its getting harder.

For me, It's mainly joint's, Especially my Lower Back. Pain!!!! Pain!!!! Pain!!!

I try pilaties, Weight training, Stretchting etc, But F99TCk.

They say I have Lupus or something..........

My mum has it, She's stuck on a farm in the Hunter. Write's book's n sh9t.

Yes I'm scared, Yes I'm still a grom, So no rest for the wicked.

Fuc0k Cancer.

Fuc90k Terminal Sickness.

Look at the ocean naxt time there is no surf, And find something else you can do with it.

Go buy a mask or Snorkle Doolie!!!

M

silvafish
Grommet

Post by silvafish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:00 am

after 45 years in the water,what pushes me these days is the mates that are stone cold dead..theres heaps of em these days ,and when a wave comes my way,i remember these fellas and realise how lucky i am..i go anything no matter how big or narly, and when i pull off a wave,i do the inside claim for those dear old mates i miss so much...most of the time i get flogged or abused for the snaking that has become second nature with age but ive never been hit or hit anyone in all these years..and chaps if you are ever in the water with nickc his game plan is to be underneath you on the takeoff,thats five times in ten years in various places young nick!

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 pm

[quote="eMpowered"I'm 37 [/quote]

Your got another good 12 years before everything starts to go pear shape young man............... :wink:

p.s. thank a teaspoon of concrete and..............TTFU :lol: