FRUSTRATION!!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

smackthatlip
regular

FRUSTRATION!!

Post by smackthatlip » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:29 am

Ever had one of those surf's where the waves are good, the sun's out and everthing should be fine and dandy but there's always some prick on your inside :evil: Had one of those this morning. Plenty of last second puller-backers too. Paddled all around like a mad c#$t too trying to find a few square metres to myself. If someone had of thrown me an AK47 I woulda started sprayin :!: To top it all off some prick had parked his ute so close to my car I could barely open the door. Describe your most frustrating sesh if the memories are'nt still so raw you wanna smash your head against a wall :x

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:03 am

lol

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 am

I was one of those last second pullers back.

suck sh1t. 8) :lol:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Ringmaster wrote:.......there might be 15 plus surfers out but it's the same 5 blokes getting all the best waves
these numbers you mention ringmaster are unfamiliar to me as a Sydney surfer :? ... surely you have forgotten the '0' on the end .... :?: .... :lol:

actually ... there was a 3 hour break between performances at daughters dance eistedford yesterday that fell right at the turn of the tide and so I took the opportunity to grab a 2nd and joined the 100's flopping about in the rips at Longy ... too easy ... sat 5m out from the swarm with 2 other blokes and we just picked off sets ... :D ... despite the numbers and the rip helping the paddle back out , after 90 mins I was stuffed ..... turned out to be a very fun programme break ....

this mornings venture at a different spot with shallow banks also proved to be an easy ride ... I think the smashing and grinding kept the numbers down so little brother and I were free to enjoy the barrelling lefts unopposed .... hell of a paddle back out though :shock: a lot of sand in places it shouldn't be by the time we finished .... :wink:

Doodles
Grommet

Re: FRUSTRATION!!

Post by Doodles » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:25 pm

[quote="smackthatlip"] but there's always some prick on your inside :evil: Had one of those this morning. Plenty of last second puller-backers too.

Smackthat, at least there pulling back!! Only bugs me when the guys on the inside dont back off/drop in. Houston we have a problem!

Seriously though, as long as the guys on the inside are cool, and read the situation correctly, ie dont drop in, i dont have a problem with it. Out at DY point this morning was a good example of how it can, work with at least 25-30 guys working the point and everyone respecting/understanding the whole concept of ettiquette and what the concept of a lineup is! Nice session with no issues.

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Ringmaster wrote: It's the same anywhere pretty well..........there might be 15 plus surfers out
went down south for the weekend,

perfect waves with just our mates on it.

surfanimals
Local

Post by surfanimals » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm

smackthatlip wrote:Ever had one of those surf's where the waves are good, the sun's out and everthing should be fine and dandy but there's always some prick on your inside :evil: Had one of those this morning. Plenty of last second puller-backers too. Paddled all around like a mad c#$t too trying to find a few square metres to myself. If someone had of thrown me an AK47 I woulda started sprayin :!: To top it all off some prick had parked his ute so close to my car I could barely open the door. Describe your most frustrating sesh if the memories are'nt still so raw you wanna smash your head against a wall :x
Frustrating sessions ? Man, today goes down in top 5 for sure. :roll:

Hell session at a local left reef this morn then after having my fill, paddled to the punchy right hand reef 200 metres away to get shacked for another hour. :D

After it all and completely exhausted, I felt like king of the world for the rest of the morning.

This afternoon though, different story.....had the chance to spend the pm hours shacked with the wife in bed, sun shining through the window to be treated to arvo delights by her nakedness but I chose to hit a semi wind protected peaky beach break for another session....man, what a mistake !

Got whacked, could not find a spot to sit, got hassled, had to listen to a 14yo telling his mate all about the chick he got it on with last night who'd never given head before.....it was a joke..the whole session an absolute joke.

Yep, me getting aced (again).

Just to top it off, ran around to do the rock jump after snagging a close out and slipped on the rocks getting washed across 'em dinging my board and cutting my foot.....all with the missus in the car watching ! :evil:

....and the Sharks lost......again.
Last edited by surfanimals on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:47 pm

I hear you brother! :cry: I believe it just makes those times, when everything you paddle for turns to gold, that much sweeter. It sucks when the yips hit during a great swell/wind combo though.

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Great story, Surfanimals - looks like you should have taken option #1 :D - and that is one rough looking foot!

I had a slightly frustrating surf today, when it should have been a great session - sun was shining, wind offshore and 3-4 foot... can't blame the crowd- only persons fault was mine.

Haven't been in the water for a couple of weeks, and didn't feel as fit as I should be. Couple that with being awake since 3am (gotta love having a 2 year old give you the early morning wake up call), so I felt sort of squirrelly in the water today. Not feeling confident, low tide, pulling back on waves etc... and it really wasn't anywhere near heavy out there- though I did see a guy coming in with his board in two pieces. Resolved to ensure that some more water time is in order - and some exercise that maintains some better level of paddling fitness as well. Now to just find the magic machine that squeezes more time into the day :roll:

smackthatlip
regular

Post by smackthatlip » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Feel a bit stupid about my rant this AM :oops: Venting thru an internet forum; how cool. At least my walls remain intact I spose. Surfanimals you've reminded me I actually own a car and am able to get out of the bigsmoke. Don't worry I won't be showing up with a rent-a-crowd in your neck of the woods. Doodles; I think you may have your "insides' and "outsides" mixed up. Inside is closest to the curl. :idea: I know what you're getting at though. It's nice if someone pulls back for some reason and you're next in line, but only if you have time to react and go. Anyway I've calmed down now so all's good with the world bar interest rates, the price of petrol, George W Bush...

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 am

Aha, yep definitely. Drink too much piss Friday arvo/evening, christen the new board Saturday, fight the rip and the insiders, get one decent wave, I wouldn't say ride for one minute, to tell me something about the new jalopy.

Walk back from the poles at DY to the Friday night abandoned car in a back lane near the beach, where’s my bloody key? I know I had it before I went in and remember putting it in the legrope sleeve. Can’t lock the bloody car anyway and no one would be foolish enough to steal it so why bother. :?

Sunday back’s rooted, first 3 waves I don’t even think I hit my feet, zero mobility, too many people, not enough waves, not enough shape - argh!

Anyone finds a car key at DY it’s mine! :D

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:52 am

iggy wrote:then pull back at the last split second going "oh shit, you go mate, you take it !!"
Reminds me there was a particular nemesis Saturday, actually there were a few... not pulling back but taking every bloody thing that came through, always seemed to be inside you, majority of the time never made the wave but pulled-in to things unmake-able.

This is equally annoying when you basically won’t drop in on someone just in case they MIGHT make it. :evil:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:27 pm

surfanimals wrote:......
This afternoon though, different story.....had the chance to spend the pm hours shacked with the wife in bed, sun shining through the window to be treated to arvo delights by her nakedness but I chose to hit a semi wind protected peaky beach break for another session....man, what a mistake !

....and the Sharks lost......again.
Yep, that was an error that I would have made a few years ago but not now. As the colder weather comes on I love a day time fancy, as it is a rare treat and enables one to enjoy the wife's lovely nakedness, instead of a quick shag under the covers in midwinter because it's too cold to be out of the sheets.

But the Sharks losing did win me some money, so I can't empathise there at all surfanimals.

But at least you got some surf. My weekend was spent at soccer and working on the lawns or in the shed, knowing that there was some lovely swell out there to enjoy, but not interested enough to give Maroubra a try.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Sounds like my weekend had work and soccer for family all weekend, my game gets canned but watch son 2, finally have free time Monday mornig and its flat :?

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 pm

smackthatlip wrote:Plenty of last second puller-backers too.
Umm....is there a name for that?
Last edited by Damage on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:58 pm

hey surfanimals, nice pics, almost as good as my ones of the left from saturday :wink: how farkin good was it?! i surfed it just before lunch with a mate and 2 other guys for near 2hrs before half dozen locals came out. surfed it again mid-late arvo for another couple of hrs. all that on top of the dawny a few beaches south....was tucked up in bed by 8.... :lol:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Interesting proportion of complaints to all time session here.

Surfanimals I guess you showed your wife your "my wifes lovely...."post to get some brownie points back after giving her the cold shoulder in order to get flogged in the surf :D :D

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 pm

then pull back at the last split second going "oh shit, you go mate, you take it !!"
Oh fuck me. This is probably the most frustrating thing seeing perfect sets go un ridden cause of one kook who thinks to much of himself then paddles inside only to wimp out. If i am inside and the wave looks sketchy id rather take a beating then start paddling for it to only pull off. Which happened a few times saturday.

Whats worse is when you react to them pulling off by thinkin 'i can make it still' .. take off late or just completly wrong, eat shit and end up taking the rest of the set on your head. :roll: