So, how was your weekend ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

So, how was your weekend ?

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:30 pm

There has always been plenty of chaff thrown about here how old lads riding old boards have got the message so f.cked up they should be playing quoits, this from all you young roosters who all think they surf like Kelly Occilupos, or that other yank, Jeremy irons and his twin brother frank.

But how is it that I’m on a dune at BJ the other day, watching some of the shittiest waves that have broken on the planet this century, you know the stuff I mean , 1 foot high, 10 knots of onshore, high tide thrown in, and down the beach comes a bloke and his mates all carrying boards that wouldn’t be out of place at chowpus, or that place in Hawaii, whymea.

One bloke had a board with curled extractable side fins and a chain horan main skeg with a lexcen foil – how f.cken formidable! - his mates all were carrying big shortboards and blow a man down if they didn’t do five minutes of stretching and torso bending before paddling out the back – out the back being about the distance from one end of a bed to the other. Stick a feather up me bum and call me a cockerel, but is this some kind of cruel JOKE !!

Now it’s always good to see blokes from Kellyville make it this far east, but howcome they don’t stop at dy anymore, that’s where the hamburgers are – or Warriewood – and isn’t it bad enough that NPB is home territory to half the pillowbiters from the city that we have to watch this type of stuff as well?

Like the bloke sunbaking all alone and all oiled up and newd the other day up by the walking track, the one that a lot of youngsters use to get to the big dune for some slides – didn’t he get the shits when he copped a footfall of sand all over his body when a bloke I know had a quiet word with him.

Anyhow, that was my weekend, how was yours?

laz

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:51 pm

geez iggy, if I wanted to know what went on in your underdaks mate I'd look up the utube your mum posted last week - reminds me of the bloke who pulled up alongside me in the chariot the other day at the lights in newport - he had a bunch of dimwits packed in there with him and he sez ' what's it like to be a deadshit? '

' better ask your mates, ' I replied, ' they know you better then I do '

Bugger me if it didn't turn out to be that tom carols brother mick - s'pose I'd better keep clear of newie reef for a fortnight then.

puurri
Owl status

Re: So, how was your weekend ?

Post by puurri » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:52 pm

[quote="Larry"]There has always been plenty of chaff thrown about here how old lads riding old boards have got the message so f.cked up they should be playing quoits,
Stick a feather up me bum and call me a cockerel, but is this some kind of cruel JOKE !!

and isn’t it bad enough that NPB is home territory to half the pillowbiters from the city that we have to watch this type of stuff as well?

Like the bloke sunbaking all alone and all oiled up and newd the other day up by the walking track, – didn’t he get the shits when he copped a footfall of sand all over his body when a bloke I know had a quiet word with him.

Jeezzuz Lazza, maybe you need a new pillow and some more Reef Oil??

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:56 pm

well hello pusser, that old problem with subliminal meanings hasn't gone away yet has it ?

I've had a word with your counsellor squire and he, she, it reckons that you will be almost normal as soon as you stop thinking, check with wanto, he has the field beat,.

AlbyAl
regular

Post by AlbyAl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Some of me weekend went like this Larry -

Went up to BJ with some mates. Wanted to try some new fins on our boards - one of them a 'lexcen' inspired job, the others some curled outside fins. Surf was small and onshore, but we took our mid-range boards anyway, put the new fins in, did some stretches on the beach to warm up, and paddled out - only had to go about ten metres - which was a good thing because we had stopped at DY for burgers not long before. We were quite hungry, having driven from Kellyville for our surf.

It was then that we noticed a strange deformed bloke with a feather up his arse jumping about the beach shouting "call me a cockerel - is this a joke; call me a cockerel - is this a joke!?"

So we did ...

He then disappeared up the beach towards the large dune - I guess he had bigger fish to fry...

Yep - that was my weekend.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Surfing, drinking, footy, movies.

AlbyAl
regular

Post by AlbyAl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Surfing, drinking, footy, movies.
Coops mate -

Did you have to regale us with that? The most surprising list of weegend activites anyone has ever been generous enough to reveal. At least Larry confessed to engaging a large feather in pursuit of surf-critique, had a go at judging the quality of waves, passed commentary on sun-bathers, made a half-hearted stab at defending mal-riders (fair enough - we're all tribal).
Big cultural difference between DY and Palmy - proletarian vs bourgeois.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Re: So, how was your weekend ?

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 pm

Larry wrote:There has always been plenty of chaff thrown about here how old lads riding old boards have got the message so f.cked up they should be playing quoits, this from all you young roosters who all think they surf like Kelly Occilupos, or that other yank, Jeremy irons and his twin brother frank.

But how is it that I’m on a dune at BJ the other day, watching some of the shittiest waves that have broken on the planet this century, you know the stuff I mean , 1 foot high, 10 knots of onshore, high tide thrown in, and down the beach comes a bloke and his mates all carrying boards that wouldn’t be out of place at chowpus, or that place in Hawaii, whymea.

One bloke had a board with curled extractable side fins and a chain horan main skeg with a lexcen foil – how f.cken formidable! - his mates all were carrying big shortboards and blow a man down if they didn’t do five minutes of stretching and torso bending before paddling out the back – out the back being about the distance from one end of a bed to the other. Stick a feather up me bum and call me a cockerel, but is this some kind of cruel JOKE !!

Now it’s always good to see blokes from Kellyville make it this far east, but howcome they don’t stop at dy anymore, that’s where the hamburgers are – or Warriewood – and isn’t it bad enough that NPB is home territory to half the pillowbiters from the city that we have to watch this type of stuff as well?

Like the bloke sunbaking all alone and all oiled up and newd the other day up by the walking track, the one that a lot of youngsters use to get to the big dune for some slides – didn’t he get the shits when he copped a footfall of sand all over his body when a bloke I know had a quiet word with him.

laz
Larry's an old bitter bigoted repressed homosexual who fancies himself as a competent writer. For starters old man you use way too many adjectives. Very self-indulgent.

My weekend ;

Sat wedding at Stradbroke Is.

Sun wedding at CarriageWorks in Redfern.

We're falling like flies. Are you married Laz?......yeah thought so. 8)

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:44 pm

Friday night - taxi service for daughters :roll:
Sat - surf with little brother :D , lawns (of course) :wink: , quick late surf :D , cooked seafood BarB beers and wine :D , sh!t dvd's that wife picked :( (needed coffee) :roll:
Sun - surf with realsurfer :?: :?: :wink: food-tech asignment with daughter , all day :( , beers and BarB :D

vb
Local

Post by vb » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Not far from your action Lazz ... played the Av v PB RSL golf tourney at Palmie. Amazing how many fkuing Bob Hopes there are driving by when you're lining up on those tees near the road ....

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:31 am

Very amusing bert, got a laugh out of me this morning, and I reckon I spotted you vb, if you were the bloke crouched behind the greenkeepers shed trying to bend a mashie into a putter, and keep trying brad .. one day you will crack it for something half way witty ..

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:34 am

Saturday - drove all over Melbournes south-eastern suburbs doing shit.

Sunday - Surfed some sublime 3 footers down at Flinders all morning in the autumn sunshine, crashed on the couch for the arvo.

A good weekend by my standards

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:42 am

Eh Buffster,

Lazza doesn't do HG and Roy very well.
Carriageworks eh. Did Yaama Dhinawan do the tucker ?

As for us, went to Sydney harbour beach both days. Saturday had Dobroyd bommie at 3ft and some long period swell inside North Head to Kanna Point, beach shorie at 2ft but the mullet and salmon were running well.

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 am

Boring as, but 'ere goes:

Sat: My two boys wake me up at about 5.30am, take them down stairs so as not to wake the trouble-n-strife. Next two hrs a blur of nappies, breakfast, temper tantrums, nappies, bottles, nappies,etc.
Wife goes to teach for an hr - movies to keep the little buggers under control - Cars, Toy Story, Bananas in PJs (anything but the bloody Wiggles!). Then on to swimming classes with my 18-mth-old (have a little 'uncle Merv' at the young, fit female instructors 8)). Rush back to make lunch and get kids off to sleep, housework/maintenance etc for the rest of the arvo, try to catch a bit of the rugby on TV. Wife goes off to work in the evening - Chaos erupts during bath time (son#2 does a huge crap that spurts out the top of his nappy). Get boys off to bed and collapse in front of TV.

Sun: Changeover daylight saving ends, the boys decide to wake up at 5.30 again, only it's actually 4.30am! same as Sat morning, only I'm close to hallucinating from lack of sleep - plan all sorts of things, ie squeezing a surf in somewhere, but when the wife surfaces at 8.00am all I can do is go back to bed. Do a bit of yard work after lunch then off to arvo tea for my brother-in-law (wo-hoo!).

All you single/childless guys out there, be warned

:lol:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:02 am

Weekend ha, didn't surf at all, it was great!

Me and my mates had some fun with an old cnut driving through Newport, he got smart with us so we followed him to the bowls club, and once he'd been shoehorned out of his vehicle by the club's male nursing staff and taken inside, we poured a couple of litres of maple syrup into his petrol tank.

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:22 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Weekend ha, didn't surf at all, it was great!

Me and my mates had some fun with an old cnut driving through Newport, he got smart with us so we followed him to the bowls club, and once he'd been shoehorned out of his vehicle by the club's male nursing staff and taken inside, we poured a couple of litres of maple syrup into his petrol tank.
and shot some loads under the door handles no doubt...

no that wasn't clag on your fingers Lazza..

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:14 am

Friday night - rocked up to the Olympic Stadium at Homebush to watch Easts trash the Bulldogs

Sat arvo - best surf session at South Maroubra in a while (by my standards anyway)
Sat night - quiet night in watching "Big Wednesday"

All in all, a good weekend except for the sniffles I picked up on Sunday.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 am

Saturday:
Treated it as my birthday (my brithday was actually friday, but of course I had to work and was feeling pretty crappy trying to stave off a cold that my missus had given to me as an earlier birthday present)

I got up late, made myself a full cooked breakfast and a bucket of coffee to wash it down, then watched foxtel for a cuppla hours.

Later on I headed over to the old folks place to help move some furniture that I hold sold on ebay on behalf of my oldies.

Once finished with the oldies and the furniture I moved onto my local shopping mall where I shoved down a whopper with cheese meal.

As soon my arteries had closed and hardened enough I headed up to the 'surf shop' in said mall, that happened to be closing down (most likely due to the encroachment of two new franchised 'surf shops' into the mall) I cruised around the store for a while as my moola burnt a hole in my back pocket, I left with some DVDs and a skateboard.

I exited the mall via the bottle-o, where I purchased 3 longies of Victorias best, homeward bound I remembered that I had forgotten to get a fresh pack of nico patches, so detoured via the chemist.

Once home I cracked the top off one of the tallies and poured it into a pre-cooled beer glass (that my girlfriends dear old disabled mum had concealed in the basket of her wheelie frame so as to make a stealthy escape from my local RSL with loot safely concealed)

With frosty beer in mit I headed out to the street to rediscover my youth by skating a few swerving cutties on my newly acquired wheels, all went well until I tried to ollie, it actually went okay for the most part, however, so surprised was I in realising that I could in fact still ollie and land, that I promptly fell off as the board flew out from under me, it was at this point that I realised the magnitude of the extra weight I had acquired since my last outing on a skateboard, as my whole (near enough too) 100kgs of frame came crashing down onto the road, luckily by this stage I was most of the way through the second tallie, so the pain was minimal.

I skated for a short while longer before heading back to the couch to drink yet more beer and view Taylor Steeles 'Sipping Jetstreams' at this point my missus returned from her day out wedding dress shopping with her sister, to avoid the gory details of such an outing I drank quicker before heading to the showers.

Once showered and dressed, it was time to hit the town, on the bus on my way to town, I'm happy to realise that there was in fact a 'tahs match on at moore park, hence the traffic was shite and of course, thanks to 3 longnecks previously devoured, I was busting to drain the snake.

Eventually the bus came to a stop at Wynyard park, I promptly exited and moved quickly along the pavement towards the closest latrine, which just so happened to be at a boozer, so once the business was done I had another schooner.

Then it was just another short stroll back up the hill to the Belgian Beer Cafe, where I was quickly into a 500ml bucket of Hoegaarden (best.beer.ever.) this was to be followed by bucketloads more of belgian delights together with dinner... then it gets fuzzy...

At around 1am we were kicked out of the cafe, the friends I was with thought it would be a good idea to drink more somewhere else, I started to follow, it was at this point my missus went arse over tit on the pavement, I've seen this fall before, it screams "I'm waaayyy pissed and you should endeavour to get me home posthaste!" I promptly gather the missus up and head for a cab.

As soon as a Cab is acquired I almost immediately fall asleep, only to be constantly jabbed from behind by missus so as to continue to direct the cabbie homeward, arrive home, berocca and a bucket of water before passing out.

Sunday:
Do nothing but try to avoid pain in my head, start to worry about pain in my back near my hip, wonder if my organs are collapsing from excessive boozing until I remember falling off skateboard on the previous afternoon. Only leave the couch to purchase a 4 pack of JD's to smooth things over. Swear off boozing and ollies before going to bed early.

well you asked...