So, how was your weekend ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Anyone have the Special K and friends Karate video?

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:25 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:Thanks BC for clearing that all up > I didn’t realize my thinking was so convoluted.

I really wouldn’t want another French style revolution. I’ve kinda gotten attached to my head being on my shoulders.
..or worse…. we could have a “Mugabe” style revolution where one regime is replaced by something far more terrifying. I could have these Baffoonsters torturing me for not supporting them.

You’ve just gotta make a decision.

Do you accept your roll in society and live a fairly decent life or do you take a chance and side with these Baffoon revolutionists and live a life in abject misery. A life of seedy clubs filled with gesticulating hairdresser types and hemroid sufferers.

Do you think perhaps I could just shoot him in the leg or the arm?

Still slightly confused.!

Take some anti-depressants dickhead. Stop fantasizing about cowardly shooting me in the arm leg whatever. Stop fantasizing full stop. Take a reality check. You're a dumbass who can't stop trying to impress. Maybe we should have that fight (fcuk now I'll probably get banned - feel like Dr Who - have to come back as.......) . But you admitted you turned up to the Harbord Hilton with all your brothers and mates looking for some sort of gangland warfare. You live in a dreamworld KK. I'd seriously knock your block right off if it came to it (of-course I really don't know for sure) but one on one pal and under controlled conditions......not in a pub-like environment. You're a brawler it seems and a loose cannon. Easy pickings pal.

And you live in an electorate where your local member is an anti-abortionist , religious zealot who has a very nasty demeanor about him. I'm not saying you voted for him but yeah you're homophobic , conservative and self righteous so it's odds on that you did. Now that's fcuking "terrifying" in my book. You're the one that should be shot along with Mr Abbott. :twisted:

But you can save yourself Kreepy Krawley. Change sides. You are confused. You do have a "role" (not roll idiot) in society. You're outspoken and can make an impression. You believe yourself a man of extremes. Help others to see the light. Help them to see that being yourself ..... whatever that is is ok . Help people not to label others in the name of some God or self fear.......like your fear of "hairdressers" (mind you a very valid one after your last one's effort). Come out Kreepy, be yourself ...... be the beautiful gay man you really are. :lol:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:51 pm

Look here you buffoon.

It may be a surprise to you and some of the people on here but I don’t really care what you do with your doodle. If you’re into chocolate coated bananas then that’s your thing.

It’s just that I’ve noticed on here that ever time somebody says something that you don’t like then you automatically want to bone them.

May I suggest you take a closer look at the relationship you had with your father or more specifically that “special” late night relationship your father had with you.

P.S and what’s up with this obsession with Tony Abbot?

Are you some kinda freak?!

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:49 pm

My weekend started hopping in my mates car on Thursday night to head up the coast. We scored at multiple reefs and the rest will be told in another thread with pics coming soon. :D

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 am

Yeah back to the weekend.

started Friday by going with my training/racing crew on a board paddle from Clareville to Palmy wharf and back. 7.30am for god's sake. The idea being we do the paddle then cook breaky on the Clareville bbqs upon return. Terrific. ever tried cooking bacon and eggs in the rain after paddling 8ks, half of it against a tide and 15knot sse breeze. No I didn't think so...and for good reason.

Anzac Day...just lolled around with the family doing almost nothing at all, bit of work catch up gear. Then the sun comes out in arvo, out the back with the ticks for a bit of tree trimming and fence fixing. Realise that this is why my grand-dad fought at Gallipoli and on the Western Front and was wounded three times in four years of war, so I could spend a couple of hours hacking away at the next door neighbour's fig tree; and also so lots of people could get drunk, one of whom ends up sticking their underpants under my car's windscreen wipers overnight.

So a late surf check convinces me of what we all know would happen on Sat morning, I hate rushing early surfs unless it's like 10 feet which it isn't, so don't surf till about 8am. Super fun waves at Newport. Weird crowd though, four or five groups of three or four guys each, early middle aged, "helper" boards (ie funboards, expando-Fish etc), sitting in the wrong spots, guys I've never seen...and suddenly I click, oh yeah, there's a Coastalwatch camera on the surf club now! My dreams of sharing the lineup with semi-competent strangers on a more regular basis are coming true! Psyched! Whatever, I muck around with a few fin changes, get some good rights esp, and feel stoked to be alive.

Little do I know that young Tom has tried a jump-off from the northern point rock ledge at 6:30am and failed dismally, getting his left leg wedged in a crevice then getting hit by a set wave, resulting in severe knee damage, for sure a torn medial collateral and possibly a ruptured ACL. Tom gets to watch the day despondently from his castle on the ridge overlooking the Peak. The late arvo glass-off and tide change makes a sleeko ending to a good surfing day.

Sunday morning I take my old broken-leg crutches around to TC's so he can hobble more effectively, then it's opening day for true endurance paddle training, go with my crew from mid Palm Beach to Newport, half of us on clubbie boards and half on 12' stock ocean racers, swapping boards around as we go. It's such a beautiful morning and the coastline is still reverberating a little bit with the leftover swell. The light on the cliffs after all the rain is amazing. I go pretty hard from north Avalon to Newport surf club with my racing buddy Chris McGuckin, I'm a little bit quicker than McGuckin but he has a faster board today and so makes me work for it.

Get the family and go back to Palmy and have fish and chips at the place near the wharf, eat too much, go home, mow the lawn, watch the ugliest team in the NRL (Cronulla) get thankfully beaten by the smallest (Wests Tigers), coma.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:24 am

kreepykrawly wrote:
May I suggest you take a closer look at the relationship you had with your father or more specifically that “special” late night relationship your father had with you.
Old unoriginal material conjured up from the SSR dayz. Fcuk you've lost it mate.
kreepykrawly wrote:P.S and what’s up with this obsession with Tony Abbot?
I'd rather you take out Mike Smith (ANZ) Mr Soldier of Fortune. I'd promise never to ever hassle you again .... well nearly never.
kreepykrawly wrote:Are you some kinda freak?!
I guess that's a real compliment coming from you even though you've lost your "edge" KK.

Geeze back to the "weekend" topic.......I find it fascinating people really want/love to tell an anonymous world the rather intimate and personal details of their lives? We really are a social species.We want to belong , participate and be heard. It's kinda heartwarming. We are all vulnerable to some degree. And it is actually interesting to hear NC's BBQ was a washout and that Iggy nearly picked up (sorry off) an annoying body surfer. Kinda all makes us closer in a bizarre kinda way.

Anyway have a great week/s everyone ..... I'm outta here for a while. Bye.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:05 am

Hmm...not a good weekend for me. Spent all last night until 6am throwing up in the bathroom because of a bad case of food poisoning :cry:

Butts

Post by Butts » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:10 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Little do I know that young Tom has tried a jump-off from the northern point rock ledge at 6:30am and failed dismally, getting his left leg wedged in a crevice then getting hit by a set wave, resulting in severe knee damage, for sure a torn medial collateral and possibly a ruptured ACL. Tom gets to watch the day despondently from his castle on the ridge overlooking the Peak.
Geez NC, I hope he's alright. Must admit its good to see it ALSO happens to
the best of them and just not us meagre "hacks" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully he'll be okay, knees are very very bad things :cry:

My weekend consisted of taking only the camera into the water, damn back
is playing up big time. :cry: :cry:
Managed a few nice pics, but would have preferred to actually have a surf.
Hopefully this week, after more physio, I'll get some. :wink:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 am

Butts wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:Little do I know that young Tom has tried a jump-off from the northern point rock ledge at 6:30am and failed dismally, getting his left leg wedged in a crevice then getting hit by a set wave, resulting in severe knee damage, for sure a torn medial collateral and possibly a ruptured ACL. Tom gets to watch the day despondently from his castle on the ridge overlooking the Peak.
Geez NC, I hope he's alright. Must admit its good to see it ALSO happens to
the best of them and just not us meagre "hacks" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully he'll be okay, knees are very very bad things :cry:

My weekend consisted of taking only the camera into the water, damn back
is playing up big time. :cry: :cry:
Managed a few nice pics, but would have preferred to actually have a surf.
Hopefully this week, after more physio, I'll get some. :wink:
you always get a sore back when the surf is pumping... :roll: :lol:

My weekend was siiiiccckkkkk...

Friday, beer + winning at two-up
Saturday, up the coast for the day surfing (or should i say mostly dogging) a left ledge by myself for the most part, then more beers and bbq at a mates place.
Sunday, lazed the day away around the house, only left to go to the fish market at new korea town (Eastwood) then watched the footy with some beers and finished off the day with the dory I bought at the fishmarket done as below:

Lime & chilli fish with baby bok choy
Preparation Time 10 minutes

Cooking Time 7 minutes

Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tbs fresh lime juice
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1 tbs fish sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bunches baby bok choy, leaves separated
Olive oil, for greasing
4 (150-200g each) Dory fillets
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve

Method
Combine the lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tbs of the mixture for the fish.
Wash the leaves of the baby bok choy and halve any large leaves lengthways. Place the remaining lime juice mixture into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until boiling. Add the bok choy, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the stalks are tender and the leaves are still bright green. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Brash a chargrill or barbecue grill with olive oil to lightly grease and preheat on medium-high.
Place the fish on the chargrill or barbecue, brash with half the reserved lime juice mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the fish, brush with the remaining lime juice mixture and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Serve the fish with the bok choy drizzled with a little of the juices and the jasmine rice.

Perrrrrfffeecccttt!

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:58 am

^good one Nigella :D

Butts

Post by Butts » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:07 pm

WANDERER wrote:[you always get a sore back when the surf is pumping... :roll: :lol:
farken :P Wait until your my age, then you'll realise what BACK'S can be like :evil:

Glad you headed north though, sounds like it was WORTH it. 8)
Will see you Wed/Thu in the water :wink:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:17 pm

ric_vidal wrote:^good one Nigella :D
you just like me for my tits :shock:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 pm

WANDERER wrote:
ric_vidal wrote:^good one Nigella :D
you just like me for my tits :shock:
No, I like HER for her tits, you I just can’t make up my mind. :D

Da Duke
regular

Post by Da Duke » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Wanderer wrote:Saturday, up the coast for the day surfing (or should i say mostly dogging) a left ledge by myself for the most part, then more beers and bbq at a mates place.
Very similar story myself Wanderer.
Love an east swell with a bit of ompf to it.

You know your having a good day when your arms are so hammered from paddling but you can't even take a rest when you get out the back because you don't want to see another perfect wave go by unridden.

Drove approx 450kms on Saturday and it was worth every inch.
300k's to get shacked and then 150k's for a beautiful roast dinner washed down with a six pack and a fattie. Bliss.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:53 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:watch the ugliest team in the NRL (Cronulla)
Bah! humbug.

p.s. i thought i saw you (or your bro (which i guess is out of the question)) at curly late morning sat? Driving a optus van of all things :?
chamberess wrote:Hmm...not a good weekend for me. Spent all last night until 6am throwing up in the bathroom because of a bad case of food poisoning :(
Get any surfing in?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Revolution wrote:Get any surfing in?
:lol: Subtle

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:33 pm

Thursday evening: After a few beers at the Bowlers, I decided to end the night by sampling the Colonel's finest deep fried poultry. Imagine my surprise when they told me "We are out of chicken. Can you wait 15 mins?"

Friday: Took one look at the conditions at Maroubra and decided not to go in. Was all primed to watch the Roosters flog St George at the SFS until I realised that they had moved the game out to Homebush. I couldn't be arsed going all the way out there. As a result I turned up at a friend's BBQ at Redfern East a few hours early. Great view of the Redfern Towers from his backyard though. Ended the night by having an Indian vegetarian meal to atone for the dead cows and pigs I ate earlier. Got home, watched "Friday Night Lights" (the TV series) on DVD. Now that is one great TV show that deserves a wider audience.

Sat: Decided not to go out the back at Maroubra and tried to catch some whitewater. Bad idea. Ended up copping a pounding. Watch more Friday Night Lights.

Sun: Bought a steamer in the morning then went to Maroubra to cop another pounding. Took a look at Coastalwatch later that arvo and decided that Bondi could be a go. It was fine until I mispositioned myself and got hit by the shorebreak (there could be a trend here). Come out of the surf and realised there is a rip in my spring suit.

So quite a few wave lessons learnt over the weekend. However, the most important lesson was (warning: spoiler ahead if you follow Friday Night Lights) ...

If you are your high school team's 1st choice quarterback (by default) and you are going out with the coach's daughter ... FFS, don't let the coach's wife see you buying condoms at the local supermarket.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:48 pm

cheered on the ‘diggers’ leaving for the march outside the war vets … surfing each day … sat was my pick but sunday morning backhand barrels were sweet as well … approx 10 beers, 4 bottles of wine … 1 Thai feed at fav, 1 pizza meal, 1 BBQ … dance eisteddfod for eldest daughter, did well got 4 awards … eldest daughters boy friend won skate comp … lots of taxi driving daughters around to friends, movies, shops etc. … dog walks at Narra lake … no lawn mowing required … fixed garage door … wife went shopping and spent money on additional clothes I was not aware were required … :roll: