New Surf/Sliding Movie

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Chrisp
barnacle

Post by Chrisp » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 am

As much as we sometimes comment that the tourism or surfers have ruined a spot, somewhere like Indo that has it's natural charm. I think we've really got to look at stuff like this & think about the benefit we as surfers could give to a community, just by going out of our way & finding something new.

Of course seeing the little spiel in the SMH made me go to Google earth, look at the entire African coast, there must be thousands of unridden waves up and down that coast, where is the next J-Bay? It could be right there in Liberia, or any number of places.

Scary thought going there though, Liberia borders Sierra Leone, apparently still one of the most dangerous places on earth........

Anyone see the whole movie?

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:32 am

The photos below are the soccer teams I have been working with. The boys are from Liberia, Congo, Sudan and Sierre Leone. No surf in Sudan, but some of theothers are from fishing families ... I am told of amazing coastlines every day. We've been surfing here ... one day we're all going back to their locals. Hope they are like the waves in Sliding Liberia ... sick!

BTW .. if anyone has any spare boots and shinpads ... 8)

oldo_nicho
regular

Post by oldo_nicho » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:34 pm

Congrats to your team for their victory in the final seconds the other night Clif!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:54 pm

how'd they like surfing, clif? are any of them keen to go again?