Rasta and co protest dolphin slaughter in Japan!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:14 pm

She can do 'scientific research' on my meat.

Anymore?

special_k
regular

Post by special_k » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:15 pm

surfphotog wrote:
special_k wrote:
bombora wrote:Ah, time to leave. Boring trying to get someone to think rather than rage without reason. You're a great debater Special K; if you don't agree you wanna punch heads.
My point about the fact the Japanese are not harpooning whales in the antarctic right now wasn't a joke, it was correcting your error. You've made some more but you are just not interested in anything that differs from your own opinion _ even Surf Photog's first hand insight _ and that's really really dull.
And have a great tomorrow too!
A supercilious , hypocritical unfunny hippy. Is there nothing worse? :twisted:

Agreed it wasn't a joke but an attempt to make light of this important issue. Do WE ALL CARE WHETHER THEY ARE COMMITTING THE ATTROCITIES RIGHT THIS MINUTE NOW OR A LITTLE LATER - WE ALL KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN.......Rasta and co (the point of this thread btw) certainly don't and nor do I so take your corrections and shove them up your a.rse pal. What a fuc.kwit you are. God help the whales if they have to rely on you and Surf-TOG.
you are a fool, I have asked what you are doing oh mighty passionate and all knowing one named after a cereal, but surprise surprise, no answer which is an answer within it self
FLAT OUT NOTHING, SPEWING YOUR EMPTY WORDS IN A FORUM IS ALL YOU ARE DOING, EITHER DO SOMETHING HOWEVER BIG OR SMALL OR SHUT UP
MY WHOLE POINT (FOR THE LAST TIME) IS THAT YOU ARE DOING NOTHING EXCEPT CRITICISING A SHIT HOT SURFER'S EFFORTS ATTEMPTING DIRECTLY TO SAVE THE LIVES OF SOME OF THESE PRECIOUS ANIMALS. DIRECT ACTION - GET IT F>CUK>FACE AS OPPOSED TO INDIRECT PETITIONS, LOBBYING THE JAPANESE GOVT ETC ETC.

I have never said I'm doing anything on this matter other than bring you and your absolute wan.ker mate down a few pegs to the world of reality not WOW WE REALLY CARE AND WE ARE DOING < RISKING ..... which is bullshi.t. The only persons doing anything lately TANGIBLE is (now back to the topic again re.tard) is Rasta and Co and he should at least be acknowledged for the efforts. Fuc.k are you kinda limited mate?

Speaking of limited......nice photo Doug (of yourself).

And to everyone posting the photos of the hot girls (I have actually met Ms Lima in South America - just a hello at a party) yes I know you feel uncomfortable at all the arguing but I know you relish the action.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:17 pm

and if you guys keep it up ....

nothing worse than 2 environmentalists arguing about who's the biggest environmentalist

"... no you're a fatter environmentalist"

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:25 pm

I'll keep it up Wanto......if you just reveal a bit more of that picture.

surfphotog

Post by surfphotog » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:28 pm

special_k wrote:
surfphotog wrote:
special_k wrote:
bombora wrote:Ah, time to leave. Boring trying to get someone to think rather than rage without reason. You're a great debater Special K; if you don't agree you wanna punch heads.
My point about the fact the Japanese are not harpooning whales in the antarctic right now wasn't a joke, it was correcting your error. You've made some more but you are just not interested in anything that differs from your own opinion _ even Surf Photog's first hand insight _ and that's really really dull.
And have a great tomorrow too!
A supercilious , hypocritical unfunny hippy. Is there nothing worse? :twisted:

Agreed it wasn't a joke but an attempt to make light of this important issue. Do WE ALL CARE WHETHER THEY ARE COMMITTING THE ATTROCITIES RIGHT THIS MINUTE NOW OR A LITTLE LATER - WE ALL KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN.......Rasta and co (the point of this thread btw) certainly don't and nor do I so take your corrections and shove them up your a.rse pal. What a fuc.kwit you are. God help the whales if they have to rely on you and Surf-TOG.
you are a fool, I have asked what you are doing oh mighty passionate and all knowing one named after a cereal, but surprise surprise, no answer which is an answer within it self
FLAT OUT NOTHING, SPEWING YOUR EMPTY WORDS IN A FORUM IS ALL YOU ARE DOING, EITHER DO SOMETHING HOWEVER BIG OR SMALL OR SHUT UP
MY WHOLE POINT (FOR THE LAST TIME) IS THAT YOU ARE DOING NOTHING EXCEPT CRITICISING A SHIT HOT SURFER'S EFFORTS ATTEMPTING DIRECTLY TO SAVE THE LIVES OF SOME OF THESE PRECIOUS ANIMALS. DIRECT ACTION - GET IT F>CUK>FACE AS OPPOSED TO INDIRECT PETITIONS, LOBBYING THE JAPANESE GOVT ETC ETC.

I have never said I'm doing anything on this matter other than bring you and your absolute wan.ker mate down a few pegs to the world of reality not WOW WE REALLY CARE AND WE ARE DOING < RISKING ..... which is bullshi.t. The only persons doing anything lately TANGIBLE is (now back to the topic again re.tard) is Rasta and Co and he should at least be acknowledged for the efforts. Fuc.k are you kinda limited mate?

Speaking of limited......nice photo Doug (of yourself).

And to everyone posting the photos of the hot girls (I have actually met Ms Lima in South America - just a hello at a party) yes I know you feel uncomfortable at all the arguing but I know you relish the action.
try reading again! when have i ever in my posts attacked the efforts of rasta and co?? Yes they are very powerful moves by some very passionate people that will and have already helped draw international attention to an important cause, I have also stated that I will readily participate in any future events, the next one being on the 5th of november, which I am unfortunately out of japan for, but have already changed my return travel plans in order to visit taiji in a few weeks. My point has always been that that alone will not invoke change.
My post to the cultural aspects of the Japanese mindset has been simply to offer an inside perspective of the problem and share how these actions that are very powerful in promoting change in western societies have very little impact within the Japanese society. A point compounded by the absolute lack of media attention given to the protests here in Japan. I have NOT in anyway discounted them as being anything other than tremendious.
As i have said many times, not one action will invoke change here but a collected effort from both within and outside the system.
you are the limited one as your comprehention skills are very much limited by your view.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:33 pm

Hmm this could get interesting....

CRIPLE FIGHT!!!

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:01 pm

obviously i gotta try something else

Wanto NO!

special_k
regular

Post by special_k » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm

surfphotog wrote:........... absolute lack of media attention given to the protests here in Japan. I have NOT in anyway discounted them as being anything other than tremendious.
As i have said many times, not one action will invoke change here but a collected effort from both within and outside the system.
you are the limited one as your comprehention skills are very much limited by your view.
It's "tremendous" and "comprehension". At least learn to spell before you attempt to lobby groups in and "outside" the system. You'll have marginally more credibility.

I've had a bit of fun today winding you and boringarse up on this issue. I realise we all want the same thing (well bombora probably wants little boys) and hopefully my arguing will inspire a bit more "sack" aka aggression that is needed to bring the cun.ting Japs (yes everyone... JAPS!) to reason.

Imagine if some Australian fishermen were doing as such off the coast at say for example Box Head on the Central Coast of NSW? Imagine the uproar and outcry in this country!!! There'd be jet skis, boats interfering , Kreepy Krawley would probably shoot some fisho if the whole bay between Lion Is and Umina Beach was a deep crimson red of dolphin and whale blood and guts. People would storm into State Parliament.

That is what is needed I'm afraid because it gets the press.....not just "ghey" petitions. GO for it boys if you really care so much as you say you do. Fcuking go for it!

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:38 pm

ok, that one didn't work .. how about this?

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:04 pm

really wanto, you had no choice. They had to be stopped.

miami13

Post by miami13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:22 pm

Surfphotog has raised some very valid points regarding the mindset of the Japanese and their reactions when being confronted by westerners. After doing business with them for some time, the aspect of lossing face can not be highlighted enough. They will not buckle if there is any chance of them lossing face.

I applaud the efforts of Rasta and crew but am also divided as to the effectiveness of it.

I get a little concerned with the proposed fanatical element of Sea Shepherd et al as there are many instances around the world when this type of activity strengthens the resolve of the opposing side and it results in a protracted and drawn out issue which ultimately never gets resolved.

Hopefully there can be some unity amongst the differing factions on here and something positive can come of it. I also hope that it can remain a newsworth item so it isnt merely forgotten in a couple of days when we are inundated with the whereabouts of Ben Cousins, images of Anthony Mundine or the outcome of Willie Masons v Canterbury Bulldogs.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:19 am

Ringmaster wrote:The BEST post you've wacked on these boards (that I've seen) IMHO............
:cry: i'm hurt.

why don't you like my midget?

special_k
regular

Post by special_k » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:16 am

Ringmaster wrote:How many have died in the time Cereal Breath has been caning (nearly) every contributor to this topic :?: :?:
Good point Rim.master.

Royboys
regular

Post by Royboys » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:15 am

...We exported Daisy the cow too be stripped alive
in the United Arab Erimates...
Wet hair is for squids, see you @ the beer garden hopefully eating cuisine with Calamari bands showing-off.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:48 pm

Besides pinup girls and midgets, this thread also deserves a dwarfish sushi chef with an enormous, mallet-shaped head!

The old man had learned his trade at the Yobei, a famous old sushi restaurant in Tokyo, no longer in business. The name of his shop was in fact a modification of "Yobei." He was a native of Kobe, however, and he made his sushi to fit the Kobe taste. Although he did give his customers the vinegared rice and fish any Tokyo sushi man would, the Kobe influence was evident in his choice of materials. He always used white Kobe vinegar, never yellow Tokyo vinegar, and always a thick soy sauce not seen in Tokyo. He offered only fish taken before his very eyes, so to speak, here along the shores of the Inland Sea. No fish was unsuitable for sushi, he insisted – on that point at least he agreed with the old Yobei. He tried conger eels and blowfish and dace and even oysters and sea urchins, and scraps of halibut or clam, and sometimes red whale meat. Nor did he limit himself to fish: he used mushrooms too, and bamboo sprouts and persimmons. But he was opposed to tuna, that most common of sushi ingredients; and scallops and omelettes and the commonplace sushi that goes with them were never seen in his restaurant. Though he sometimes cooked his fish, the prawns and abalone were alive and moving when they reached the customer.

Taeko had long known the old man. One might say that she discovered him. Eating out often, she was wonderfully well informed on the little restaurants in downtown Kobe. She had found this one in the days when, in an alley opposite the stock exchange, it was even smaller than now, and she had introduced Teinosuke and the rest. She first gave them a description with gestures: he looked like the dwarf with the enormous, mallet-shaped head one sees in illustrations to horror stories; he turned customers off most haughtily, and he attacked fish with his carving knife as though it had insulted him. When Teinosuke went to see for himself he found the man ridiculously like Taeko's description. His customers lined up before him, he would ask them what they wanted, and then proceed to give them what he himself preferred: he would cut sea bream, for instance, to go around, and after that he would give everyone prawns and halibut. And it annoyed him when a customer had not finished the first round in time for the second: "You still have some left," he would say to anyone who carelessly let two or three pieces accumulate. His fish varied from day to day, but he always had prawns and sea bream, of which he was especially proud, and he liked to begin a course with the bream. He did not welcome the uninitiated person who asked for tuna. When a customer displeased him he would pepper the sushi, and grin as his victim started choking.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:34 pm

Obviously Al had him identified with Seinfeld's soup nazi episode.

Me: I'm a fish, turtle and dugong nazi. (eh Fongers that green meat off the turtle is the go: if not a bit chewey!)

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:41 pm

puurri wrote:. (eh Fongers that green meat off the turtle is the go: if not a bit chewey!)
good on ya.....drag me into the shit fight :lol:

i was actually thinkin.....it's lucky jewies don't come up for air isn't it....

notice how the only fish we feel a deep desire too protect are ones that visually interact with humans :idea:

i also love the whitemans goverment law....let the baby ones go...only kill the adult breeding pair...top stuff :roll:

p.s i practice fillet and release :shock:

surfphotog

Post by surfphotog » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:55 am

miami13 wrote:Surfphotog has raised some very valid points regarding the mindset of the Japanese and their reactions when being confronted by westerners. After doing business with them for some time, the aspect of lossing face can not be highlighted enough. They will not buckle if there is any chance of them lossing face.

I applaud the efforts of Rasta and crew but am also divided as to the effectiveness of it.

I get a little concerned with the proposed fanatical element of Sea Shepherd et al as there are many instances around the world when this type of activity strengthens the resolve of the opposing side and it results in a protracted and drawn out issue which ultimately never gets resolved.

Hopefully there can be some unity amongst the differing factions on here and something positive can come of it. I also hope that it can remain a newsworth item so it isnt merely forgotten in a couple of days when we are inundated with the whereabouts of Ben Cousins, images of Anthony Mundine or the outcome of Willie Masons v Canterbury Bulldogs.
Just sitting here on the beach in PhiPhi Dom Thailand, have a few buddies here that did it tough during the tsunami, lost 2 mates that day so I come back here whenever I can and take time to remember good friends and share in this little trip we call life with great people.
Yes Miami13 you have nailed a very important point there that guys like K fail to see, the whole world doesn't revolve around his limited perspective.
See K different people come from different culture and the one minded, lack of insight approach you seem to embrace is much akin to what I see in the mindset of other great twats, like G.W.Bush, you know the whole my way or F%$k you kinda style. Direct confrontation WILL NOT WORK WITH THE JAPANESE, FACT NOT OPINION, yes in australia I would be in 100% agreement with direct action methods, as they would be effective in that culture, what Rasta and co did was very commendable, and effective in raising consciousness over this matter. I guarentee you it DID NOT SWAY THE JAPANESE, IT INFLAMED THEM, WHICH IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE,GET IT??The Japanese who would not be inflamed by this, i.e the ones whose livelyhood does not rely on the trade, would have been impacted by Rasta's move,but it seems that the powers that be here dont think it is new worthy and it got almost no exposure in Japan,hmmm so either there is a boycott on anything anti whaling, or just as possible the Japanese see this as a bunch of outsiders coming over here and disturbing the peace, very likely,so it had its good and bad points for the cause.
as for the spelling crap, like I care! this is a forum you fool, and unlike feebs like yourself I have 4 languages almost mastered, and not living in an english speaking country for 10years tends to wear on your spelling and grammar, also has nothing to do with this post topic, but rest assured I would use a spell check before sending a mail to the Japanese govt. also it would be in Japanese, I am flexible like that mate!
But feel free to spread your racism and your ignorance as much as you like, I am stoping my subscription to this thread.