they came from the sea

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:40 pm

As a complete rock pig I don't understand why I think maiden are crap. Maybe its the trilling guitar sound.......or that singer's annoying voice.

Motorhead!!!!! :twisted: Maybe it is the same song over and over but its a damn good one! Ace of Spades = close to a perfect record. Worth seeing to note dudes who are old can still rock with passion. And the drummer who is frozen circa 1986..

Word to the wise: MACHINE HEAD! heaviosity at its finest comin in November!

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:48 pm

lateralus wrote:As a complete rock pig I don't understand why I think maiden are crap. Maybe its the trilling guitar sound.......or that singer's annoying voice.

Motorhead!!!!! :twisted: Maybe it is the same song over and over but its a damn good one! Ace of Spades = close to a perfect record. Worth seeing to note dudes who are old can still rock with passion. And the drummer who is frozen circa 1986..

Ahhh see thats where you and I differ, I like melodic guitar and clear audible singing rather than growling, you sound like yar into the black leather and bikie style stuff hard rocking stuff, where as I have been getting into more of the hair/glam/cock rock type stuff like Early Motley Crue and early Def Leppard as well as some Van Halen amongst other stuff. I dont intend to deride motorhead in any way, I just didnt find it that appealing when I listened to it, but it'll join the plethora of other CDs I have bought that I dont really enjoy currently but may well revisit at a later stage and find enjoyable then, my tastes in music are rarely static, always changing and morphing.

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:57 pm

WANDERER wrote:
lateralus wrote:As a complete rock pig I don't understand why I think maiden are crap. Maybe its the trilling guitar sound.......or that singer's annoying voice.

Ahhh see thats where you and I differ, I like melodic guitar and clear audible singing rather than growling, you sound like yar into the black leather and bikie style stuff hard rocking stuff, where as I have been getting into more of the hair/glam/cock rock type stuff like Early Motley Crue and early Def Leppard as well as some Van Halen amongst other stuff. I dont intend to deride motorhead in any way, I just didnt find it that appealing when I listened to it, but it'll join the plethora of other CDs I have bought that I dont really enjoy currently but may well revisit at a later stage and find enjoyable then, my tastes in music are rarely static, always changing and morphing.
I think you nailed it. Never understood crue leppard van either!
I like my ears to bleed. Sometimes I even listen to Pig Destroyer (thank god most of their songs last less than a minute!)

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:47 pm

if the the dri horrors were playing support i'd think about it.

Asterix

Post by Asterix » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Im thinking about going.
Do you think there will be heaps of chicks?
Should i bring my surfboard?