explain this...pics..

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

zander2nd
regular

explain this...pics..

Post by zander2nd » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:10 pm

this guy was out today..dont reaaly see how he do this around people..he snaked a few waves from teh surfers..which woulda have annoyed me off a lot...your thoughts?
i might add it does look pretty fun.
Last edited by zander2nd on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weagle
Grommet

Post by Weagle » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:21 pm

ha ha that looks so fun
i wouldnt give a shit, it would be good to watch

offshore
regular

Post by offshore » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:29 pm

I thought these pricks weren't allowed within 200m of people in the water or something...?

Anyone get his rego?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 pm

I think it is much further than 200 metres.

If there were surfers within cooee then my response is "What a complete tosser!"

If he can go and find a secluded beach he can have it all to himself.

zander2nd
regular

Post by zander2nd » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:47 pm

is this within a cooee oldman??

Floyd
regular

Post by Floyd » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:54 pm

he could get anywhere to himself if he just motored around to a point so i dont know why he is at the beachy cus if he falls off that could really hurt sum1 like the clubbies i nearly got decapitated by them once :P

Sleepy
regular

Post by Sleepy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:04 pm

I've never understood these dicks. There's an entire beach, yet they insist on "jumping" around right where there are surfers. It's as if they're seeking praise from you. Well, dipshits, take your freakin penis extensions elsewhere cos you won't get any praise from me.

I want one.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:35 pm

yeah, these wankers are amazing, aren't they...

they all know the rules about going close to non-powered craft & people, but guys like this are just ignorant...

a jet ski came close to people up the coast here at the haven about two weeks ago in that big swell - there's just no need for it

it's an accident waiting to happen - and what a big accident that will be, they are heavy bloody things...

they do look like fun - just not around people!!

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:47 pm

you always see one when you don't have your rifle on you.

easty

Post by easty » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:51 pm

This guy looks like robo cop on a futuristic surf bike. When did he beam in?

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 am

Last time i surfed Box Head i had 6 of those non surfing f-ckers jumping in and around surfers. I spent half my surf telling them to f-ck off and at one stage i nearly got one.
DO NOT GET THIS CONFUSED WITH THE TOW IN VARIETY.

In a different time and place if i could've i would've mounted one of these Gatling guns on the foreshore and blasted them till the voices in my head stopped :twisted:
One of thses would be nice too(if you have dial up your better off lying down instead).TURN THE VOLUME UP

http://vampirebat.com/war/gatlinggun.wmv
Last edited by kreepykrawly on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

zander2nd
regular

Post by zander2nd » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:05 am

aahahahah the gun on the link KK is so awesome...it would be so entertaining.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:07 am

I work with an American bloke who was telling me how much he loved his Mac 90 in the States. Crazy bugger used to keep it fully loaded under his bed!

As for the nuff-nuff in the pics just get the guys rego and report it to the cops. Even if it is allowed in the water at that particular place his actions would hardly be considered safe and you can get done for this.

Biggun
regular

Post by Biggun » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:43 am

funniest thing i ever saw was watching one of these wankers get sucked over the falls at puckeys. he and his noisy, smelly penis extension f..ed off after that - go huey!

still here
charger

Post by still here » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:29 am

"It looks like fun so therefore it should be banned . It might hurt someone so it should be banned ."

I say , Let him enjoy it - it's fun to watch , let him get sucked over the falls at "puckeys" for our amusement , and if he can hold his own against the crew he's supposedly dropping in on then it's probably worth letting him continue . Why not just ask him for a ride and join in the fun .

Crikey next thing you'll want kitesurfers banned too because they could be dangerous !

It's just that after this Jump Rock Fence thingy I'm sooo anti rules and regulations and all the stupid KILLJOYS out there .
Law of the jungle is good enough for me .

lovemuscle
Grommet

Post by lovemuscle » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 pm

Pretty much illegal on most Sydney beaches.
This is from 18 months ago.
JET skis are to be banned from popular Queensland beaches and rivers in a council crackdown on hooning on the water.

The tough new restrictions are likely to include tourism hot spots such as Noosa River and several Gold Coast beaches and boat ramps.

Local Government Association of Queensland executive director Greg Hallam said he expects Queensland councils will follow the lead of NSW's Byron Bay and Ballina authorities in banning jet skis.

From May 1, the New South Wales Marine Parks Authority will ban the leisure use of personal watercraft in the 22,000ha Cape Byron Marine Park, which stretches from Brunswick Heads to Lennox Head.

Mr Hallam said that after years of complaints from residents about noisy and unsafe jet ski riders, councils had been given the legal muscle to restrict their use by the State Government amending the Transport Operations (Marine Safety) Act.

"More councils will be doing this," Mr Hallam said.

Several serious accidents, including the death of Brisbane model Amie Evans in a Moreton Bay crash in November, have led to calls for tighter safety measures.

Noosa Shire Council is now poised to ban jet skis from much of Noosa River.

Councillor Vivien Griffin said jet skiers would be allowed to use only a 2km stretch from the Noosa Yacht and Rowing Club to the river mouth. Speed limits will also be imposed.

Cr Griffin said: "It would allow them access to the ocean, where they have more room to act like pork chops.

"The legislation has just come in on how to draft the marine proposal. We are probably three months away from doing this.

"We think Noosa will be among the first councils to move with this, but I expect there will be others."

Gold Coast councillor Rob Molhoek said his authority was likely to proceed with restrictions at boat ramps and popular beaches rather than a total ban.

"We've had an opportunity to introduce an exclusion zone," Cr Molhoek said. "If we do that, we just move the problem. If we exclude them from one place, they will go to another."

Queensland freestyle jet ski champion Peter McLoughlin said experienced jet ski operators accepted many of the restrictions on safety grounds but opposed bans on major stretches of beach.

"The majority of us are family people over 30 years of age," Mr McLoughlin said.

"We only go out for the experience of the sport.

"We don't hoon around boat ramps."

More than 8000 jet skis are registered in Queensland, with ownership rocketing by 30 per cent each year for the past four years.

From January 1 this year, all applicants for a jet ski licence will have had to have competency training.

macgreggor
regular

Post by macgreggor » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:52 pm

"Keep Your Distance

When driving a PWC at 10 knots or more, you must keep 60 metres away from:

* a person in the water; and
* small, non-powered vessels such as surf skis, canoes, vessels 4 metres or less in length without mechanical propulsion.

A PWC being operated at 10 knots or more must be kept 30 metres from:

* any power driven vessel (including other PWC);
* any river bank or shore and structures such as jetties or moorings; and
* non-powered vessels over 4 metres in length.
* Riders and passengers should also beware the 'jet stream' from the engine. At close range this jet stream can be harmful to a person.

Distances to be kept when Towing

When towing a water skier or aquaplaner the same rules apply as to other vessels.

Tow-in Surfing

Tow-in surfing is a technique where a surfer is towed onto a breaking wave by a person riding a PWC. The following conditions apply to tow-in surfing.

* tow-in surfing is only permitted at surf breaks only where there are no paddle surfers present
* both the operator of the PWC and the surfer must have a current PWC licence, current first aid certificate and wear an appropriate lifejacket when the activity is being undertaken
* both must attend any course or pass any test required by NSW Maritime
* the operator may not tow more than one person at a time and must give right of way to all other boating or recreational activities
* the operator of the PWC must maintain a distance of at least 200m from all vessels and people in the water.

The PWC is to be equipped with a:
* rescue sled
* second kill switch wrapped around the handle bars
* two-way communication device
* dive mask
* dive fins
* safety knife
* tool kit
* torch
* quick release floating tow rope with a minimum length of 7m
* bow tow-line with a minimum length of 7m.

Only PWC may be used for tow-in surfing. No observer is required on the PWC provided there is a compliance with all these conditions at all times.

Heavy penalties apply for non compliance.

NOTE: PWC may not be ridden on Sydney Harbour even though signs may not be in evidence. Penalties exist for breaches of PWC exclusion zones.

What is a Designated Surf Zone/Swimming Area?

A designated surf zone is defined as the area extending 500 metres out from shore between surf patrol flags or signs. A swimming area is defined as the area extending 60 metres out from shore between signs for swimmers.

A PWC must not be operated in these zones or within 60 metres either side of the flags or signs marking such zones. The only time you can enter a surf or swimming zone whilst operating a PWC is when you use your PWC to rescue a person from danger.

Local councils can erect signs, designating PWC free zones. These new exclusion zones would be posted on the NSW maritime website when operational."

The above lifted from the maritime website.

I'll bet the house on the fact that soon, given all the reports and footage available, that turkeys like this will cause a big crackdown on city towing.

Weagle
Grommet

Post by Weagle » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:10 pm

still here wrote:"It looks like fun so therefore it should be banned . It might hurt someone so it should be banned ."

I say , Let him enjoy it - it's fun to watch , let him get sucked over the falls at "puckeys" for our amusement , and if he can hold his own against the crew he's supposedly dropping in on then it's probably worth letting him continue . Why not just ask him for a ride and join in the fun.
I agree everyone is so bloody precautious these days. He would of been kicked out of the water straight away by the surfers if he was doing stupid and dangerous sh*t. As long as he is not running over anyone, its good entertainment to watch.