explain this...pics..

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:52 pm

shoulda zooomed in an got his rego.
i woulda been pretty fuced off.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:24 pm

i was just reading a hansard transcript of a 2001 motion by the liberal and national parties 'on behalf of the new south wales boating fraternity' to disallow the water traffic amendment regulation banning jet skis from sydney harbour. it's pretty interesting, and quite funny in parts: http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/P ... 0010919007

Ms LEE RHIANNON: The Sydney Coastal Councils Group since 1998 has been working very hard to clean up our waterways so that their beauty and our enjoyment of them are not compromised because of jet ski use. The group has said that it is concerned about the obtrusive and potentially hazardous nature of jet skis, including the possibility of injury and death. In a letter written to me earlier this year the group cited the example of a female swimmer at Balmoral Beach who was run down by a jet ski when it was launching from the beach. The swimmer was subsequently abused by the rider, who failed to give identification and left the scene.

The Hon. Malcolm Jones: It sounds like a surfer.

Ms LEE RHIANNON: The Hon. Malcolm Jones is mumbling over there. He seems to be suggesting that there is some problem about such accidents. I assure him that such accidents are a real concern to people.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:30 pm

The Hon. IAN COHEN: Humans on waves and on shore pursuing other forms of recreation are seriously affected by jet skiers. The current 200-metre limit is constantly ignored by jet skiers. I have seen this myself when swimming in my area of the North Coast. Jet skiers pass within about 10 metres of swimmers though they cannot see the swimmers. You can hide in the comparatively flat waters of Sydney Harbour as one would in a forest. I have done this on a surfboard at times. Jet skiers cannot see swimmers, and at the speed that they travel they are on top of you in no time.

The Hon. Jennifer Gardiner: A bit like surfboarders.

The Hon. IAN COHEN: Jet skis are killer machines.

The Hon. Duncan Gay: You cannot surfboard on the harbour.

The Hon. IAN COHEN: On occasions I paddle my surfboard on the harbour.

The Hon. Duncan Gay: In front of warships.

The Hon. IAN COHEN: Indeed. I suggest such protests were much safer at that time because of the absence of jet skis.

The Hon. Michael Gallacher: You have not ridden your surfboard within the flags, have you, Ian?

The Hon. IAN COHEN: No. I keenly avoid doing that.

The Hon. Michael Gallacher: Are you going to ban that as well?

The Hon. IAN COHEN: It is basically the same as using four-wheel-drive vehicles in wilderness areas. Surfboarders who surf between the flags get dragged out of those areas pretty quickly by the club fraternity. I am not defending irresponsible behaviour by surfers. However, the irresponsible behaviour of people in powered boats—

The Hon. Michael Gallacher: Not all surfers are bad, are they?

razorback
Grommet

Post by razorback » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:56 pm

There as been some old mate doing at northy for a bit and it was just lame, the smell, noise and turbulance is the downer not the fact u might get hurt. Pretty shit excuse for fun to ride a wave on a jetski though. Its like bodyboarding with a motor and u can't do any tricks. LAME...

rae
Local

Post by rae » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:03 pm

^^
i dunno... I've had some fun with jet skis on flat water (aka lakes) and i can see how they could be a lot of fun in the surf.

there seems to be a lot of jet ski hating going on. The things themselves are awesome, its just the riders that seem to suck.

Big Baz Master
Grommet

Post by Big Baz Master » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:25 pm

take it easy boys this forums is meant to be a nice place and friendly people

lessormore
barnacle

Tow-Ins at D.Y.?

Post by lessormore » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Somebody towing in at 1 foot middle DY today about 1pm-WTF!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:04 pm

lessormore wrote:Somebody towing in at 1 foot middle DY today about 1pm-WTF!
probably just practising.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Re: Tow-Ins at D.Y.?

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:23 pm

and at mid / sth narra this arvo ... again near other surfers ... I get you gotta practise but not where 15 year old groms are surfing ... :idea: :roll:

FishStick
Local

Re: Tow-Ins at D.Y.?

Post by FishStick » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm

I went for a walk with my girl at Longy and when we got to the surf I said "no tow ins today" as a joke because it was so small. Then I look to the right and there's this guy getting towed. :lol:

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:07 am

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I Dunno??????

M

bombora
Local

Post by bombora » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Where was this fella? Looks rather like our old mate who delighted everyone at DY before the cops busted him and took him to court earlier this year. Looks a lot like his ski, and helmet, life vest and boardies over steamer combo he favoured. Broken Bay water police would like these pics if it's him. They predicted he'd be back annoying/endangering people soon enough. Apparently he can't help himself and just has to show of. That's why he's been busted several times. Ego.
Or maybe all show off ski twats look the same.

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:07 pm

I believe the person appearing in the first batch photo's often heads out at south narrabeen. riding his ski extremely close to surfers and having very little respect for others; destroying wave faces, dropping in, riding very close etc.

this is totally inappropriate

Harold Holt

Post by Harold Holt » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:54 pm

just looking at those photos, and I may be mistaken, but it looks like he may be just about to drop-knee.