how to expatriate?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surfnli
Grommet

how to expatriate?

Post by surfnli » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:18 pm

any converted seppos care to share their tale? i spent seven months studying at sydney uni and am now shackled in nyc, would love to come back to your fair country...

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:19 pm

I can't help sorry, but best of luck, hope it all works out for you eventually.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Surfchaser
Grommet

Post by Surfchaser » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:25 am

Wisely the Aussie government has set things up so they don't become like the U.S. or U.K. Not that this is a bad thing, but Australia could definitely use some more culture from the outside world, especially in the culinary form. But that's a different thread altogether........

Mind, you, it's a little tougher to get to Australia as it's in the middle of nowhere...... But, where there's a will, there's a way.

I've been coming to Oz and working here since '90. I specialize in cinematography, and my knowledge contributes to the industry's ability to grow. In other words, you need to bring something to the table.

You might find things open up for you if you are accredited in education, medicine, entertainment or the high-tech sector. Otherwise, I think you'll find it an uphill battle.

But no matter what, your best course of action is to play by the rules. The Aussie government has seen this scenario more times than they care to mention.

Good luck!

- SC

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Re: how to expatriate?

Post by One Mile Point » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:04 pm

surfnli wrote:any converted seppos care to share their tale? i spent seven months studying at sydney uni and am now shackled in nyc, would love to come back to your fair country...
Does NYC not have waves, i have seen some on Surfline