Good Sydney shapers?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 am

fong wrote:
collnarra wrote:You could get one shaped by the master - Simon Anderson.

Remember that most shapers these days use machines, so if you have a vision that your board's being made by someone walking up and down a blank with a Skil 100, think again. Most use CNC machines (or worse), and then finish shape them. Some shapers - as you alluded - don't touch their boards at all.

Col.
i'll pick on col but bro your wrong as well, simion does (or did when i was there) use ghost shapers 4 all his boards. the big fella just answers the phone.

didn't know lsd did but most big labels the same. still have rode some fully super sick lsd's. interestin haydenshape story, webbers are abit the same, good boards but crap manufacture, saves on the o'heads but f ks ya word b mouth reputation :evil:
Sorry Fong, regarding Simon, you're wrong - at least for custom and team boards. EIther that, or he just does mine. And I don't think that is the case.

Col.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:31 am

You could try Dave Wood at Rize Surf. I've heard only good things about his boards. He does JC boards locally, and has shaped for a number of well-known WCT and WQS surfers.

While he uses a CNC machine, it is his own designed and built CNC machine, which he drives himself and does not delegate to some grommet. The machine does the whole thing except for some minor finishing, so you know you will get an accurate shape and a guaranteed progression through your boards - unlike hand shapes, where no shaper can do two in a row exactly the same, let alone 6 months apart. All customer boards are kept on file.

His boards aren't cheap, but if you spend some time talking to him about what you want he will deliver the goods, and he doesn't cut corners on materials. He will look after you.

www.rizesurf.com.au

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:41 am

Fong, I don't know how old you are. If you're not a teenager (unlikely, from the post about Simon), I can't work out whether you are an illiterate goose or an old fart trying too hard to be cool.

I have to agree with wanto. I never know if I've understood you. Post in plain english, man.

bro
Local

Post by bro » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:18 am

Fong my friend you ARE WRONG. Simon does team boards and customs. Go into his factory and show me the ghost shapers, two shaping bays one for him and the other used by Red Dog and Mike Psylakis(sp) and if you know Simon he doesn't like other people doing his boards hence why he has stayed as small as he is he is a hrad man to shape under as he is a bit of a perfectionist.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:10 pm

CRIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!