W T F where are ****

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Almighty God
regular

Re: W T F where are ****

Post by Almighty God » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:44 pm

People just remember the Holy Scriptures and look to them to guide you

Book of Zeppelin, Chapter 4, verse 4...

"yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, theres still time to change the road you're on.

OOh and it makes me wonder."

huie
Local

Post by huie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:well yeah fong I am kinda with you on the need for land development. Australia's a big country and there's plenty of demand for housing from a growing population. The population projections for southern Qld are out of hand and they're not all gonna live in a nice old frangipani fringed Qlder in the hinterland.

What I don't get is why so many of the recent housing developments in that particular area of the world are so down right shit house. Why they lead almost inexorably to social dysfunction of the kind that causes nasty little Govts like Campbell Newman's to go apeshit on laws that really should never need to be passed.

You want more Logans in the vicinity, well if you hand large tracts of land over to brutalist developers who think they're allowed to make their own rules at every turn, that's what you'll get.

Maybe if the NSW and Qld Govts aimed their legislative might at the developers -- opened the door to their business opportunities but enforced tough guidelines designed to make the developments work into a good social framework -- then things like Logan wouldn't happen.

I myself am not sanguine about this, the entire history of housing along the Australian coast and around most of the cities has been one of unremitting destructive ugliness, almost a hatred of the continent being expressed through building. But the population balance in changing now, so maybe things can change.

None of this has anything to do with that idiotic proposal at Bilinga, for fcuk's sake, that's just a
stupid joke.
boo & nicks on it'' the rest of you are in kiddies corner f f s
Attachments
trenite (411 x 248).jpg
trenite (411 x 248).jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 1848 times

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Well I can see that filling right in and either producing an even longer right hander of Jefferies proportions or one big closeout that would root the entire south end of the gold coast.

As far as development goes two examples:
1. Clover Moore fought tooth and nail to keep some scale to developments around Erskinville. Its one reason the developers hate her. Erskinville is now a far more habitable and affluent area because of this.
2. This American Doctor had bought swampy farmland behind my parents place at Kingscliff in the 70s and spent 20 years fighting tooth and nail to avoid integrating some parkland into the development of his swamp. Lucky for him the responsible local government got turfed out and the old stooges who allowed Salt etc to blight the Caba/Kingscliff stetch got in.....until they were sacked for maladministration and taking kick backs off developers.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

huie
Local

Post by huie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:40 pm

insane (495 x 398).jpg
[quote="wingnut2443"]Onya Huie, keep the focus on the wrong issue ... :roll:

i did say i would not be vocal :~
the obfuscation is from your end

its the concept that is the issue
if your so worried about the other issues start another thread give em all ya got

i will say it again look at the f%%king concept
this is more than just Kira which they have all-ready f%%ckd up

now where is that scribe for all things surf&fishing shearer :?:
Attachments
steal (520 x 375).jpg

icepick
regular

Post by icepick » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:38 pm

huie wrote: ... the obfuscation is from your end ...
One must be careful with knowledge one has obtained in a confidential manner.
huie wrote: ... now where is that scribe for all things surf&fishing shearer :?:
I'd has a guess he been keen for it ... plenty of fishing options of of that thing ... jew hole off the front, flatties around the boats, bait fish around the sewer outlets :D