Surf satire from 'Bearded Gimp'

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

bohdidontsurf
Local

Re: Surf satire from 'Bearded Gimp'

Post by bohdidontsurf » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:37 pm

I think I just heard the "IN-security" alarm go off.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Clif wrote:

Here's another wee clue: How about simply posting pictures of your woodwork projects without the dialogue? It is much more pleasant for all concerned.
i'm tired

so i must miss your point, as i give u credit be smart enough u wouldn't want stop free speach ( thats a wierd lookin word...i'm sure i spelt it right :shock: ) :?

on topic

:roll: some u must not understand the word "satire" :?:

indeed...the link is taking the piss out himself , it's well wrote :lol:

i'm no roy fan....but he does crack me up, just being himself...and i'd love ride one his boards, minus the pink wetty i think :lol:

u know...these forums be pretty dull if u where all as good lookin and clever as me :P

but roy has as much right post his shit as i mine, and u yours

feel free put shit on him ( roy your a co.ck :lol: ) but i defend his right particapate :x and he can post as much dialogue as he likes :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

huie
Local

Post by huie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 pm

haaa' ramp it up roy

this is like the old days ya got these mullets on a string :lol:

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 pm

who the fck is roy, I just cant be bothered reading any of his stuff as it just sends me to sleep :wink:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:07 am

nu boy wrote:AAAHaaahaaha,All this tunnel vision makes me think of tunnel fins.I have one of roys tunnel fins and it works well in an 8'4" foam board.Imsoon totry it in a fish ??? :shock: .Without experimentalists like roy surfing would stagnate into corperate design lockdown other wise known as G.S.I. so bring it on roy use your hands to create your dreams at least you are being who you are and not what they want you to be.......... :|
Hi Nu Boy it's good to hear that the tunnel is working out well

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 am

huie wrote:
haaa' ramp it up roy

this is like the old days ya got these mullets on a string :lol:
Cheers Huie yes pretty good fishing in these waters.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:41 am

sigh.
u wouldn't want stop free speach
No fong, I just find his advertising lame. The 'satire' is actually is very cliche and unimaginative, and works as simply another poor advertising attempt.

I am not 'anti-roy' but anti-advertising spiel, which is what his posts amount to.

As for Roy's boards, they are incredible pieces of woodwork and art. A Mr green for Roy and his craftsmanship. I enjoy looking at Roy's boards but not reading the advertising that seems to accompany the images. Now, if Roy engaged in some discussion about something other than pimping his work it'd be different :idea:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 am

Clif wrote:
No fong, I just find his advertising lame. The 'satire' is actually is very cliche and unimaginative, and works as simply another poor advertising attempt.

I am not 'anti-roy' but anti-advertising spiel, which is what his posts amount to.

:
i'm still tired , had get up do my farm, so i guess your right

but where does the line and the blur meet :?

i mean there are plenty people on here promoting there goods :shock:

hows goes your mag :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:39 am

i take your point about the mag, fong. but we do tend to tread very softly here, such as putting contents in the advertising section of the forums. Those of us playing with the mag participate in the forums in and of themselves. always have. we were here long before the mag and didn't and don't come here to the forums simply to spruik. it is a not-for-profit endeavour and loses money every issue :lol: i think this is important. take mark for example, people get his boards but he takes part in the forums in all sorts of ways and not just to prop up his own ego. there's the line, i think. not blurry at all.

glad to see farm life is agreeing with you.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Clif wrote:sigh.
u wouldn't want stop free speach
Some people ( particularly in the USA ) found it highly amusing, not everyone's taste is the same.

I didn't write it either and given that it is satire and designed to take the piss it's hardly advertising.

Anyway thanks for your opinion.

:P

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:05 pm

G'day Roy,yeh the fin's great.Im thinking of getting a real wide tail fish moving the side finns up a bit and using the tunnel as a centre fin, similar to a thruster set up but with one obvious diference.I'm still yet to decide on the size and shape of the side fins but I,ll probably go for standard 1980's style twin fins.I'm also thinking about the tail as I think most modern fishtails look ugly and serve no real design purpouse,I might go square or {diamond} :D I've always liked diamonds,if so I might get it done custom. :idea:

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Sounds good, have you been using the tunnel by itself or with side fins ?

We've been using a tunnel the same as yours on a 5'11" just by itself and it's good. Side fins are good also but not with toe in ( or so we've found ) and best to keep them close in front of the tunnel.

We've given up the swallow tail too, in favour of square or a slight arc.

Here's a variation on the square:

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:40 pm

1)Just by its self.I was'nt sure what to do so I put it were I would put a single fin.2)That tail looks good.I was thinking of sompthing verry similar but with harder points on the rails for more relese through turns(as its only going to be for small surf.3)Is that the planshape you've been using for tow-in's,the rails are megga straight almost like an alaia ?

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 am

Yes the rails are straight for about 3 feet in the tail, although they do converge slightly. We'll be adding 5 to 8 pounds of lead inside the board just above the bottom planking.

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

5 pounds of lead :shock: wow :idea: should have more momentum than a semi trailer. 8)

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:13 am

Nu boy that's 5 kilos not 5 pounds. :shock:

Anything under 20 pounds is classed as a piece of popcorn.