skinny feet or shite wax job ???

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

skinny feet or shite wax job ???

Post by pridmore » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:26 pm

nu boy
regular

Re: skinny feet or shite wax job ???

Post by nu boy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:50 pm

I wax my boards almost the same I do have small feet for a bloke but my point of reason is that if one of my feet endup that far off centre Im going to fall off anyway and if you've ever watched the rails of a board through a turn you'd know that a lot of water travels over that side of the deck.You would'nt wax the bottom of your board would you ? :roll:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 pm

You are kidding right ??? ever watched a board turn ??? I have been known to look at the occasional board or 2 but if you reckon thats a good wax job, maybe have a look at 99% of surfers boards ....

and yes, I do wax the bottom of my board....and I put my fins in backwards too...... :P

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 am

WTF??!! ........ shite wax job

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:21 am

nu boy wrote:I wax my boards almost the same I do have small feet for a bloke but my point of reason is that if one of my feet endup that far off centre Im going to fall off anyway and if you've ever watched the rails of a board through a turn you'd know that a lot of water travels over that side of the deck.You would'nt wax the bottom of your board would you ? :roll:

i take it you never get barrelled backhand then, and if you do try, wonder why you cant master it :wink:

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:05 pm

I THINK THE CAPS LOCK KEY GOT STUCK MASHED.

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

More of a 'Landing Strip' than a full 'Wax'. :)

K10
Grommet

Post by K10 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 am

Looks like a Brazilian to me :lol:

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Just for a laugh I posted the question on his ebay account and this is the reply:
Yea, funny had a few comments on the beach, and people offering me wax, just a weird habit ive picked up, could say its one way to save wax, i saw an old relic surfer do it once-maybe he was low on wax? and picked up the habit from there. its all i need, i never stand on the rails, so yea, dunno it just makes sense to me! and its at least 20-30cms. Give it a go. hope that answers your question
- mashed1977
I was hoping for 'skinny-feet syndrome' but there you go.... Looks like he found the caps button too.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:16 pm

ha ha ...that would mke 3 surfers stupid enuff to only put wax on like that..... :lol:

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

pridmore wrote:ha ha ...that would mke 3 surfers stupid enuff to only put wax on like that..... :lol:
mark, we must realise that he is a HELL mal rider an' 'e's gunna bury that bugger nose to tail in a WICKED cutty & doesn't want ANY drag!

:roll:

to all the other numbnuts - shite wax JOB!!
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:01 pm

:wink: Thats about it Matty old son.I do surf verry hard and dont want any extra drag not to mention the added kilos of siht hanging off my board. :roll: BRENDO-Its got me pharcd how you or anyone could come flying out of a barrel and straight into a fins out, rail grabbing cutback with your feet hanging over the inside rail(that goes for you to GUARD) :roll: :roll: .And as for you PRIDDY dont you know that 99% of surfers are :evil: KOOKS :evil: that would never ever think of breaking away from the mainstream TRACKS/SURFING WORLD Ect...promo-propergander machine :cry: .And finally as for who can and cant surf Its all about the fun,just me and the ocean nothing moore :D .But I bet ya I could surf rings around the lot of ya. :wink:

astro
Grommet

Post by astro » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey nu boy there probably all boogers,the only rails they know about are the ones at cronulla train station. :roll:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 pm

jeezus christmas, what a phenomenally kooky thread.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 pm

IMO shite wax job, if it was a concern over deck flow on ANY board, tail pads, kick blocks etc would be an issue and respond with a massive FAIL, try different foot placement get different results.
different tail configuration different lamina flow, deck flow, drag and lift components,
have a look son at what your board does, now go and surf and stop asking silly questions :lol:
Agree with the Nick kooky thread
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:13 pm

[quote="nu boy"]:wink: Thats about it Matty old son.I do surf verry hard and dont want any extra drag not to mention the added kilos of siht hanging off my board. :roll: BRENDO-Its got me pharcd how you or anyone could come flying out of a barrel and straight into a fins out, rail grabbing cutback with your feet hanging over the inside rail(that goes for you to GUARD) :roll: :roll: .And as for you PRIDDY dont you know that 99% of surfers are :evil: KOOKS :evil: that would never ever think of breaking away from the mainstream TRACKS/SURFING WORLD Ect...promo-propergander machine :cry: .And finally as for who can and cant surf Its all about the fun,just me and the ocean nothing moore :D .But I bet ya I could surf rings around the lot of ya. :wink:[/quot

since your so much of a reeeeper maate, take note of what your feet do when you get barrelled BACKHAND next time there is waves. i i dont mean a head dip. if you think you can get barrelled backhand without moving your feet, your off ya head. at the minimum you need to move your front foot with a bias towards the inside rail to have proper control of your board. cant ever recall exiting a barrell backhand and not having to make somekind of foot adjustment before doing next turn. your probably a natural footer livin in a world of rights anyway = cant get barrelled backhand :wink:
agree with nc and ots...this is a kooky thread for guys with kooky wax jobs