Stolen?

The new place to register any boards or other surfing equipment for sale.
Or, if you want to report something lost or found, list it here.
There's no time limit on how long your ad can run but please help us to keep the relevant stuff at the top by changing the heading to include the word "SOLD" when you've disposed of the item. An admin or mod may elect to alter the heading for you if there's no activity for a long period of time.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Have you ever had any gear (on the beach) stolen while you were out surfing?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 31

bwd

"stolen boards& surf gear

Post by bwd » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:00 pm

have had keys+towel stolen off beach while surfing.hence car key round neck.had van broken into while surfging,they took spare boards+video camera

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:15 pm

At Nth gong got a bag full of stuff stolen, shoes, keys, towel, etc. While in the water. I was keeping an eye on it and came in as soon as I noticed it missing. Wish I'd seen em. What can you do? Had to walk home in the wettie. Couple of years ago now. Still not happy. Why cant the cops set up stings or something for that. :x

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:13 pm

a couple years ago when i used 2 bodyboard, i had just bin given a pair of $70 manta blade fins. i went down 2 the local n it wasnt really worth it so i left the fins in the surf club (being the member and all! :D ) and just went 2 charge the shorey, came back theyr gone.

also a couple months ago me and a mate were surfing newport peak, we left our bikes at the peak in the bushes, and my mates bike was stolen. it wasnt that it was a good bike or anything but it had a o&e board rack on the back of it. he was pissed and vowed revenge on whoever stole it if he finds them

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:32 pm

plenty of times as a kid at cronulla, i used to chain my bag to the railing outside the clubbies room at southies, even had a riptide mag and my wallet pinched from my bag under the medical bench.
if your around my area just give me a call or email, and ill mind your stuff for you, ian m has keys to my place too.
just dont steal my stuff.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:03 pm

whos ian m?

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:04 pm

I had over $2500 worth of stuff nicked at port maquarie. 3 boards all new wetsuites, board bags and the worst thing 2 blocks of wax. oh the cops helped heaps :roll: .Whitey.

stuey

Post by stuey » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:19 pm

Yeah hate it when someone steals ya key....... to ya missus' iron corset- whater dem tingz called? Used in Henry's day on dee trone.

stuey

Post by stuey » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:54 pm

hahahhah I just knew ya'd get that me girl! hhahahahahhah too funny! Goodonya tho', I truly did forget.... the key!tehehehehhehe

stuey

Post by stuey » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:20 am

Spoze there aint one in yar size? hahahhaa

lrsa_04
Local

Post by lrsa_04 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:46 am

ive had a 800 dollar bike stolen from the beach they bloody cut the lock!!! imagine what i had to tell me p's!!!! it was actually my dad's bike...i just sed that someone musta stolen it outta our garage.. thats what he thinks but i know he thinks i had something ta do with it.

Jessep
Local

Post by Jessep » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:07 pm

a few of my mates had there stuff left in the club and a group of people just walked straight in and went through all there bags and got and i think about 7 phones got stolen and fair bit of money