russell lewis - still around??

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

toot.

russell lewis - still around??

Post by toot. » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:00 am

Anybody know if Russell Lewis is still shaping??

He used to shape the "Cut Loose' models for Hot Buttered back around 20 years ago. - they were singles/twin/tris with the big roundtail and 4 curved channels. They were bloody good boards as many old DY blokes will testify.

I had one at 16 and it was the first magic board I owned.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:20 am

Hi toot last I heard was mumbles was running a surf school in Hawaii, and yeh did shape a good board still got a 6'1'' worn out round tail single fin ( thats it in the Avatar) and two worn out 6' 4'' round tail thrusters with big concave and 4 channels that he shaped for me years ago. The thrusters where based on the single fin that mumbles rode called sunrise because of the blue and red sunrise on the bottom of the board ( like the Japanese Flag)

I don't know if trotter ( Tony Mc somthing) is still around but he use to shape boards around that time as well

If you see runner he would still be in contact with him.

russell lewis

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:45 am

russell is back in oz on goldy and shaping, tony mcdonagh has factory in brooky doing his label and rustys,

peterp

Russell Lewis

Post by peterp » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:51 pm

HI,
Months too late but I think you'll find that Mumbles should be back in Oz again for a bit sometime this month or next month (jan/ feb 06).
mail me at: [email protected] and I'll let you know if you really want.
And yeah Runna could probably let you know where Tony Mcdonagh is Curly I think.
Peterp
ps; I still have the last board Russ made for me _ if I wasn't so old and fat I could probably ride it too but now am a touch mroe comfortable on another DY local shapers board by Geoff Horner of Ochresurf.com
pp