Fins

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

stuey

Fins

Post by stuey » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:44 pm

Whaterya usin? If fin system 3's,4's or? K's specials?
I nearly always use 3's but occasionally 6's for bigger days. Use an excel system on me fish and is great. If anyone has one ya will know that there is an almost infinite number of variations possible. Shapers tell me that fin systems are too expensive in Aus cos o the dollar, so fixed fins have made a comeback. Should change now that the dollar has strengthened ya'd think

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:59 pm

I've been using fixed fins on most of my boards. had fin systems on a few but seemed to prefer fixed. Now i've read a few articles about all the in depth research being done on fin cavitation and seems that its becoming a fully fledged science, not just guess-work. So I'm thinking that my next board will be fin systems, but which ones?

btw, my fav fcs fins are the Occy models.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:17 pm

i reckon fcs 4 their wide range of fins. i want to try glassed in fins but i dont want them 2 snap out coz im useless at repairing boards n stuff. iv always used fcs and have 3 different sets. K2.1's are a must if u use fcs

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:00 am

Currently using FCS Sunny Garcias in the sides and a rear webber fin in me 6'10" round tail.

I tell you what it real loosens the board up considering the size of the swell the last few months and that fin set up went good in the recent big swells of late feb early march 04.

Don't be scared to mix and match different models of fins. You may well be very suprised at the performance of your board.

Rug
Local

Post by Rug » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:03 am

Sorry i forgot to log in before i posted the previous message. RUG
The best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:21 am

I love my Fcs g3000 fins they got really good drive but are still snappy good for groms like me.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:25 pm

yeh i love trying different fcs combos. heres my fav...k2.1's on the sides and tc whiteline back fin. iv also mixed around with al merrick fins, g3's, g5's, g3000x's and GR fins. experimenting is the key...

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:01 am

i like the fcs g-yu fins, loose but not too loose.

Neil

SPEEED

Post by Neil » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:30 am

Speeed fins feel very heay and stiff in my opinion. But the idea is on the right track.

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:40 pm

Thought i found a bargin the other day a centre occy fin for 8 bucks went to buy it and it turned out to be a right side fin damn.