shape advise

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

sixfootstix
Grommet

Re: shape advise

Post by sixfootstix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm

dUg wrote:It's a peak DIY experience.
Absolutely dUg.
I'm not the best surfer around but riding my own hand made craft gives my surfing another dimension of enjoyment.
Problem is, the bar is now set quite high for my expectations on next years boards. (already working on improving this board plus a bigger wave board).

sixfootstix
Grommet

Post by sixfootstix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:58 pm

saltman wrote:
Davros wrote:How sweet is that. Good stuff on board and wave.

Going to have a crack at shaping a similar shape in a month or so (second board) - based on Richie Pavel Speed dialer (quad).
Pavel Speed Dialler - probably the funnest boards I have ever ridden (havent tried a mini sim yet)
Haven't seen these before, they look unreal. Love the quad set up on this plan shape, so fast!

sixfootstix
Grommet

Post by sixfootstix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Beerfan wrote:Sweet looking board, by the look of the pic it goes great mate. 4x4 should be strong enough, how much foam did you take off the deck? and what foam density was it? Try a harder density and you will get less dents, though it might feel a bit less responsive.
Foam Density ??? didn't even realise there were options, just asked for a blank and they gave me one (once i paid a ludicrous amount of money). I think it was a burford green label.
I never take anything off the deck other than the crust and the blend to the rails. I used the UV cure lam resin and the same resin mixed with wax in styrene / mekp catalyst for the hot coat.
How long should i give this to fully cure before surfing, i reckon i gave it 5 days.