Fluffy's new board

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: Fluffy's new board

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:40 pm

bumfluff wrote:Yea it depends how early Digga, I'm going out Friday but shouldn't be too late. How bout you Fong?

If there is any swell im looking at hitting it at about 5.30 maybe earlier
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Good Lord.

:lol:

Is the sun even up at that hour? :D

I don't usually go out anymore unless it's clean, but I'l go if you're going. It's looking like 2ft onshore slop so far. :x

I'm just not sure if I'l make that early. How long will you be in the water? Might be able to catch ya half way through at 6.30 or somthing.

If not, we'll tee another day up no probs.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:58 pm

boards coming along nicely mate, just a little delay waiting for some Innegra....
absolute crappy waves up the coast last 2 days, got wet at a little spot but was tiny...... :|

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:39 pm

mark, given bummys love for clean conditions did that effect your design process :?:

like it have be a different board than say me....who will grovel in anything and prefer onshore conditions as it pisses off half the crowd factor :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 pm

lots of diff stuff came into consideration for this one, a very customised board, from go to whoa....
and the weight will suit weaker waves and cleaner conditions too....dont think it'll like a 30 knot strong winds coz she is gunna be light....

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 pm

pridmore wrote:boards coming along nicely mate, just a little delay waiting for some Innegra....
absolute crappy waves up the coast last 2 days, got wet at a little spot but was tiny...... :|
All good mate, I bought a snorkel so I don't drown in my own froth :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:43 pm

wait til you feel the weight of this baby Fluffy, when I pick it up its like when you grab the milk carton and think its full but its really empty..... 8)

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:03 pm

:D That's what I like to hear...Not long now until my precious is in my arms.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 am

when the maiden voyage ? is she waxed , finned and gripped ??? I see you are putting grip on it, I should have told you, I sell them and could have done you a deal...oh well, I dont have a big range, just basic colours and FK brand which works well....Hope you score some clean little peelers with not too many out for the first sesh so you can feel her up...I mean out.... :roll: 8)

www.moresurfboards.com

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:04 am

pridmore wrote:when the maiden voyage ? is she waxed , finned and gripped ??? I see you are putting grip on it, I should have told you, I sell them and could have done you a deal...oh well, I dont have a big range, just basic colours and FK brand which works well....Hope you score some clean little peelers with not too many out for the first sesh so you can feel her up...I mean out.... :roll: 8)

http://www.moresurfboards.com
Hi Mark, shes finned already and I've got a grip sitting here waiting, but I'm gonna give it a shot without the grip first and see how she goes. Got my wax but havn't waxed her yet, I got Tropical Five Daughters for a base and Mrs Palmers Ultra Sticky warm over the top. Like you I'm pretty finiky about my wax jobs...that first wax job takes me forever. :roll:

I'm aiming for Monday so it's been a solid two weeks of curing then I'm gonna hit :D

It looks and feels great underarm. It's so lite especially for such a large board which is exactly what I want. Duck diving is gonna be fun though :o