Greg Webber

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

moneyman
barnacle

Greg Webber

Post by moneyman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:44 pm

hey all,

do you think its worth spending bout $750 on a brand new Greg Webber something or rather? Can i get a better deal. Its really me first brand newy and i dunno if its worth the money

cheers
Ka ChInG !!!!!

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:12 pm

Webber boards are defintely good. I have an Afterburner which is the best board I have. But, I don't like the protec finish. I'd like a slightly heavier/more durable glass job. Next board I get from him I'lll go the extra layer of glass/gloss finish.

Whether it's worth it is up to you. You can get a board for maybe $50-$100 less and it may be nearly as good, or just as good. Or it could be a dog. Having surfed an afterburner I wouldn't stinge on the $50. You'll probably get something off the price in the shop anyway.

Webber is one of the world's best board designers. $50 extra isn't much.

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:44 pm

if you are gunna pay top dollar, at least its with a shaper whos working near the top of the tree. I think you can get boards as good from a lot of other people for less without being a stingy bastard. It just depends on your priorities. A board from any of the biggest names will cost you those sort of $$ ( al m, rusty, rawson.) at least with webber, theres half a chance he would have shaped it. And hes' an aussie.
Might also be worth looking at Dahlbergs. Or MC?

I'm not really in this market due to having plenty of mates who shape boards better than I could ever hope for.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:03 pm

hey thanks! yeah think i will fork out the dosh because i realy do need a new board. They also have Dahlbergs and lots of other good brands. Also the guy there is heaps nice and he knows what his talking about aswell
Ka ChInG !!!!!

stretch
regular

Post by stretch » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:12 pm

webbers are descent boards, but for everytop dog at the top of the tree, there are always a dozen up and coming dogs growling on the limb beneath. the n beaches are stacked to the brim with quality shapers..for me...$750 is way too mucho...mointa carro. if ya want top shelf without the wait (custom dahlbergs are up to 4 months at the moment so a mate in yamba tells me) head down to warner, mr short or psikalis..either of them will shape ya a spanker that will have ya shacked, carving and punting in no time.

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:00 pm

750? In winter? Ya must be a moron!
I wouldnt pay that even at christmas. Webber aint worth 750. Noone is!
600 max, or yar a bloody fool. I guess dat what ya are then. Dont listen ta wuzzy, heez a dumbo.

moneyman
barnacle

Post by moneyman » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:07 pm

o...feeling a bit stupid now...yeah just found a psikalis for $450 with gg and a leggie for $450....theres a winner i tell ya
Ka ChInG !!!!!