anyone hear heard of Inegra?

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

huie
Local

Re: anyone hear heard of Inegra?

Post by huie » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 pm

hey ric you may notice both dave and my comments have been all about using ineggra with epoxy under vacum it serves a special purpose seems strange for some to critic when they dont even work with it :?:

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:14 pm

huie wrote: hey ric you may notice both dave and my comments have been all about using ineggra with epoxy under vacum it serves a special purpose seems strange for some to critic when they dont even work with it :?:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 am

huie wrote: hey ric you may notice both dave and my comments have been all about using ineggra with epoxy under vacum it serves a special purpose seems strange for some to critic when they dont even work with it :?:
Still early days for me, Huie. Only used Innegra modestly for about 4 boards in various applications and NONE have been with either epoxy or vacuum as I don't have that at my disposal at the moment, so I'm still neutral on its benefits. I have had mixed results, I have no doubt all are better than just straight E-glass.

My limited experience with boardmakers is they want an cheap and easy solution... to that end, I don't think Innegra is THE answer.

Hope yourself and Dave are getting the appropriate remuneration for the effort.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Geez that left looks sick!
better than anything i've ridden in a while thats for sure

As for inegra and vacuum, yes definitely~!It will take less resin under vacuum which is great as open laminating will use much more resin which just adds more weight. Epoxy is really the best resin, especially for bagging due to its longer cure time but i do understand that people don't like it...in my travels i've learnt that most are either poly guys or epoxy guys and never the twain shall meet, but there is always a few exceptions to this rule out there which gives me heart as both have there uses and strengths.
As for the economic viability of bagging, well i spose it comes down to skilling up and understanding the process and then assessing the cost to workplace performance (for the guys working in your shed) and the longevity of and the performance of the product , that is when you can put a price on what you are producing and see if it all makes sense to pursue this line of production.
Anyway, as a punter i enjoy the boards that are being produced via this method and wish there were more being made as i froth on em like a 14yr old on a lingerie catalogue

huie
Local

Post by huie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 am

feraldave wrote:

yea dave you have nailed it not sure to many understand it at all typicall s i