Dimple Bottoms ???

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

pirate_agenda
regular

Re: Dimple Bottoms ???

Post by pirate_agenda » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 am

pridmore wrote:not defensive, more frustrated with the same old " its been done before by someone else" comments......if you'd been aware of some previous comments and posts over last few years, you'd understand....plus earlier in the thread, I mention the willis bros several times and give others full credit and clearly state this isnt my design idea....
fair enough. I'm not sure dave was insinuating that you did rip anything off, or that you did invent dimple bottoms, just mentioned someone who is experienced in it.

the lash out on his felix tail was unwarranted because he clearly identifies that the idea was based on tomo's concept, and also acknowledges stretch for the deck channels. Dave is pretty helpful and open and sharing with his info in the past on here and other forums.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am

whatever...you dont know the whole story, you've just read a few posts...

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 am

pridmore wrote:... are the same pirate that asked me about fin templates and placements?
yeah i am, that is me, i sent 2 PM's both here and on sways, that were both ignored ... thought you wouldn't mind sharing some info to a newbie backyarder on the forums.

at this stage in my shaping, unashamedely eveything i do is someone elses idea.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:51 am

yep both ignored.....cant share everything with everyone, get too many of these requests to reply to all of them, have to do work that pays....and yes I do help backyarders as much as I can, some on these forums will tell you that, have given away stands, advice and many hours.. I have had a fewlocal groms in my shed shaping their 1st boards just this week and I got them their blanks too, so your comments are very very incorrect..go back where you came from and take your misinformation with you.....and everything I do is also someones else idea as its all been done before in one version or another.....and there's always someone quick to tell you about it....

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 pm

just the new age mother therasa....

MORE than enough time to constantly self promote on public forums...
not MORE than happy to share some dims & templates..

dont give me the too busy line... it would have taken you 5 minutes less than the time you've defended yourself on this thread to write "i reckon if you place the fin at x" from the tail and toe it at x that would be a good place to start, and the fins i got from xxxx or its a custom template that xxx makes for me" or you could have just replied "sorry mate, it's taken me a while to come up with these and I'd prefer not to divulge"

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 pm

go and learn it yourself.......never said I was no saint, simply correcting your incorrect comments with some facts...glad I told you nuthing now.....I am here with another shaper- designer doing some work and we are quite entertained with this so keep makin a fool of yourself please.... :lol:

huie
Local

Post by huie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:12 pm

TrevG wrote:
pirate_agenda wrote:
pridmore wrote:yeah, but as I said plenty of times in this thread, I am not claiming it to be my design or my idea, I am just playing around with them and they are working great.....full respect to the guys who have done these ...not much hasnt been done.... bit like your blatant ripping off of Tomo's planing hull.... :roll:
I like to blend different design elements from many different boards and use them in one board to create a fun and functional shape...thats what most are doing these days....
bit defensive there...
I can understand Mark biting back when someone makes a comment like
feraldave wrote: Tony bear.... Probably forgotten more than you will ever remember about them!
Totally unnecessary given the credit Mark always gives to those who've gone before. Maybe you should take a little longer to check on someone's history before mouthing off.

Sorry Mark, shouldn't get involved, I know. And you've handled it. But, Geez!

haaaa'' here you go atack anyone that does not agree
pridmores self promtion on this forum is way over the top
this thread is just another instance of his ludicrus ME ME ME :roll:

AND I MOST DEFINATLY AM NOT ON HERE TO SELL ANYONE A BOARD
AS A MATTER OF FACT THERES BUCKLYS CHANCE :P

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 pm

yep, I never denied some self promo, gotta do what ya gotta do....not attacking anyone...this thread is out of genuine interest in this design, check the dates of first post, it wasnt something cooked up for self promo just recently.... but yes I do post my stuff on here and it does give me a plug, you have always had a problem with that, but guess what it isnt gunna stop me...and also guess what, you if ya dont like my stuff, I dont give a flying fu.ck, your opinion of me and my stuff counts for nuthing ...
there's always people like you out there, its water off a ducks back..... 8)

huie
Local

Post by huie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

pridmore wrote:yep, I never denied some self promo, gotta do what ya gotta do....not attacking anyone...this thread is out of genuine interest in this design, check the dates of first post, it wasnt something cooked up for self promo just recently.... but yes I do post my stuff on here and it does give me a plug, you have always had a problem with that, but guess what it isnt gunna stop me...and also guess what, you if ya dont like my stuff, I dont give a flying fu.ck, your opinion of me and my stuff counts for nuthing ...
well firstly my reply was not to you. it was about your method get it :?:
would you like me to waste my time and drag up all the self interest threads you have started :idea:
your type of self promo shit i have seen all my life and i have never thrown shit on your boards just mybe asked you to give credit to those that built them instead of giving yourself all the praise
you sir were not being singled out i have been through this with others on swaylock for same shit
there rule is no advertising in general discussion a f king rule you may well be advised to remember
just sit back and have a look at the way you do this mybe you relise theres a better way
your critisim of me as a shaper because i no longer surf is why its hard to belive anything you say
my boards to your boards any day bro :mrgreen: even though you get a hand
now go f###k yrself

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 pm

huie wrote:
TrevG wrote:
pirate_agenda wrote:
pridmore wrote:yeah, but as I said plenty of times in this thread, I am not claiming it to be my design or my idea, I am just playing around with them and they are working great.....full respect to the guys who have done these ...not much hasnt been done.... bit like your blatant ripping off of Tomo's planing hull.... :roll:
I like to blend different design elements from many different boards and use them in one board to create a fun and functional shape...thats what most are doing these days....
bit defensive there...
I can understand Mark biting back when someone makes a comment like
feraldave wrote: Tony bear.... Probably forgotten more than you will ever remember about them!
Totally unnecessary given the credit Mark always gives to those who've gone before. Maybe you should take a little longer to check on someone's history before mouthing off.

Sorry Mark, shouldn't get involved, I know. And you've handled it. But, Geez!

AS A MATTER OF FACT THERES BUCKLYS CHANCE :P
Sorry you feel that way Huie.
I don't know how it works on other forums but I can understand them taking the satnce as suggested by you.
However, on here, it works this way.
Shameless self promotion gets flicked into the "Check My Website" section. It can still be read by anyone who's interested. However, there are a number of posters on here who contribute a lot more of their time in advising people than they would ever get a return on. Mark is one of those. As such I'm happy for them to continue to post and if sometime sit sounds a bit like advertising, fine. They've earned it. Josh posts fantastic pictures of his work and I'm happy for him to do it because its an ongoing education and entertainment for the rest of us.
Over the years you've posted some great informative stuff, too. I'd love to see more of it. I don't know you but, reading between the lines, you've probably got more experience than the rest of us put together.
It'd be nice if you could share some more.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 pm

pridmore wrote:yep, I never denied some self promo, gotta do what ya gotta do....not attacking anyone...this thread is out of genuine interest in this design, check the dates of first post, it wasnt something cooked up for self promo just recently.... but yes I do post my stuff on here and it does give me a plug, you have always had a problem with that, but guess what it isnt gunna stop me...and also guess what, you if ya dont like my stuff, I dont give a flying fu.ck, your opinion of me and my stuff counts for nuthing ...
Huei knows how to make a complete hamburger with the lot , including turning on the hot plate early in the morning to get ready. He can even bake the buns if you want !......these days there's too many people struggling to peel their first onion. Its sad really , cause if you wanna go into the hamburger business, the top shelf is a regular gig at McDonalds...... :?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:14 am

Hey Mark, I dont think he even meant it that way, thats one problem with the internet, you can get messages that arent even meant to be there if you know what I mean.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

huie
Local

Post by huie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 am

AS A MATTER OF FACT THERES BUCKLYS CHANCE :P[/quote]

Sorry you feel that way Huie.
what i cant have an opinion
I don't know how it works on other forums but I can understand them taking the satnce as suggested by you.
However, on here, it works this way.
Shameless self promotion gets flicked into the "Check My Website" section. It can still be read by anyone who's interested. However,

strange interpretation of shameless
there are a number of posters on here who contribute a lot more of their time in advising people than they would ever get a return on. Mark is one of those. As such I'm happy for them to continue to post and if sometime sit sounds a bit like advertising, fine. They've earned it. Josh posts fantastic pictures of his work and I'm happy for him to do it because its an ongoing education and entertainment for the rest of us.

ahh its a tangled web we weave i never said anything about joshs thread or anyone else who
starts a look at my boards thread but you and i both know thats not whats going on :roll:

its not about me forums are not a good place to give advice
as a matter of fact i have refrained from talking about compsand in respect to josh
he needs to make living from it i no longer do
as i have said to you before better qaulity pics less bullshit a better forum it make :idea:
cheers huie

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Huie,
"over the top" was your description.
I didn't attack you in any way. I was "sorry you feel that way" about your comment....
this thread is just another instance of his ludicrus ME ME ME
I never suggested you brought Josh into the discussion. I raised him as another example of a manufacturer who's products are featured on here.
As you say,
as a matter of fact i have refrained from talking about compsand in respect to josh
he needs to make living from it i no longer do
It seems to me, Mark has to make a living from board making, too.
I don't have problem with you having an opinion, nor with you expressing it on here. I DO think a little understanding or acceptance of others all round would go a long way on this forum.
And, huie, you don't need to yell. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Anyways, back to the topic, hows the dimple bottom board going MP?

What have you found after doing more testing?

Have you found any types of waves/conditions that it doesn't like, or doesn't go so well in?

Whats the verdict so far? :)
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 pm

all I know guys, is that huei and margaret has helped me more than anyone ever before and probably ever will in all the stuff im trying to do and he has my respect in anything these days. Also mark was so helpful for me, shaped my one and only quad, loved it, miss it, still got the two pieces :cry: and also gave me some stands, by the way they were his very first stands he used at his parents place as a grommet so when I do get some new stands I will give these away as well, try to keep the happiness and stoke growing for shaping boards amongst us.

I do like hearing about the dimple board by the way, I find it interesting, just as I would love to hear from someone who understands what was going on inside earls head when he made the jet bottom and how that would work with all the interuppted water flow, absolutely fasanating idea. Gotta be something going on with that board.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

feraldave
Grommet

Post by feraldave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:51 pm

pirate_agenda wrote:
bit defensive there...

on dave's blog, pretty sure he gave full credit to tomo for that board anyway
I agree with the defensive...
Been off the forums for a while... Wow didnt these comments get narky.. I'm guessing Huie would know tony bear.. Tony left oz around 20 years ago after a few bad weeks dealing with life's vices like ex wives, alcohol and young upstart shapers, he was a old legend then... As I said he would have forgotten more about dimple bottoms by then than most of us will ever know.great to see he is still making them in a far off land. as mark had only just started playing with them I'm sure my comment applied. I have never had a go at them so mark your one up on me! There is nothing new under the sun mark, we are all blending previous ideas with our own twists, it's how we Come across that get up some guys noses.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:47 pm

agreed