Big low coming up the tasman, about Tue 15 Nov on

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

barstardos
charger

Big low coming up the tasman, about Tue 15 Nov on

Post by barstardos » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:35 am

This morning run of the models offer the first sign of hope in an otherwise wave starved spring time.
Both GFS and EC show a big low spinning off a front ast the bottom of the Tasman sometime around Tuesday. The EC has it tightening up and spinning up the length of the East Coast and off Qld by about Thurs/Fri.
GFS has it spinning up toward NZ, but still in a good SE swell generating position.
Either way we are likeley to get something better than the NE wind slop we have been living with te last few weeks - Bring it on!!

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 am

my saliva is dripping everywhere. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i will be pacing the floor for the next 5 days haha

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:52 am

Don't you dare bastardos, don't you dare stir me again.

Hound
Grommet

Post by Hound » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:05 am

Heard this too many times in the last few months, so son't like to get my hopes up, I mean we're supposedly getting a small spike this arvo, but I don't even trust that... However I do like to trust the guys at scripps in san diego and they reckon,

http://facs.scripps.edu/surf/images/ausanim.gif

here's hoping.....

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:08 am

You know the best thing... My uni exams finish on monday and I made sure I dont have work on tuesday so i could relax! ILL BE BODYBOARDING TILL MY HEARTS CONTENT... until then... off i go to do work! :cry:

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:30 pm

sets were and easy 4ft+ this arvo.
too bad about the massive south-north drag. Although a few gems and grinders here and there. just had to pick the right one.

early should be on!

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:58 pm

you reckon marty, i checked Newport, Av and Whaley at sunset and they all were pretty small.

In terms of this low...SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH dont say too much, we don't want to talk it up and scare ANOTHER one away!

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:59 pm

YAY IM GOING OUT EARLY TOO!!!
mY FAV REEF was pounding this arvo but a tad too high tide.. tomoz morning shall be sexy!
And with all the waves I found today in some secret areas ill be set for the whole week!!!!

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:09 pm

Jamoe wrote:you reckon marty, i checked Newport, Av and Whaley at sunset and they all were pretty small.

In terms of this low...SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH dont say too much, we don't want to talk it up and scare ANOTHER one away!
easily 4ft. it was at stanwell and late-arvo aswell. seemed pretty south with the strength of the nth-sth drag. maybe thats cause the differences in wave heights.

it definetly wasnt small.
some stand-up was practicing tow-ins behind one of those racing rubber-duckins (the cat-style). He didnt actually get any worthwhile ones that i saw. but atleast he didnt have to deal with paddling, the drag and sizey clean-up sets.

robh
regular

Post by robh » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:28 pm

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:56 pm

Ha Ha Ha, the surf will be packed though... HSC is over (or close too), Teachers Strike on tuesday, and My school has a pupil free day on wednessday.... Oh Yeah... and FYI, Last week My local has been firing, even pulling in some above the 4-5ft mark... Ha Ha Ha, life is good... sorry to gloat...
.Whitey.

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:09 pm

Its coming!
And far from being a hoax, it looks like this little low could be better than expected. The low should tighten up offshore of the South Coast tonight so expect some serious SSE swell building through Wednesday.
I am calling for 4m-7m offshore wave heights at 10sec from SSE. This should translate in to 6'+ surf.
Thusrday should still be heaps of fun too but the weeknd is looking pretty bloody average

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:26 pm

Im driving to some spots this arvo hoping the south will start to pick up by 2 -3 pm. Im working tomorrow but so stoked about Thursday as I have the day off!!! YEHAH!!

Im also praying it sticks around onto saturday... well even if just a little bit does!!!

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:30 pm

As soon as I press send on my last message the still day outside suddenly goes BOOM and the wind came and the trees are going a bit crazy! YEAH BABY!!!

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:36 pm

tis, bloody windy right now, surf looks heaps choppy on coastalwatch. hopefully we get a bit of oomph out of it and see some nice waves in protected corners. If you have a look at the WAMs though I think you will find that we wont get much of it.... I wouldnt mind being at crescent head later in the week though! I think the North Coast is going to be epic

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:55 pm

the wind is hitting 65km/h at the Syd harbour and little bay weather stations - its cranking up!!

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:14 pm

ahha fool i went today to see what the hype was ...... SHIT it was so bad at dy i didnt bother lookin round cost to much bussbut had a fun surf i guess and no its windy as shit

booter
Local

Post by booter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:21 pm

f*ck i hate work

this is why