Real South Swell coming

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

barstardos
charger

Real South Swell coming

Post by barstardos » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:39 am

many pundits have already suggested that we will get some chunky short peroid south swell later this week. The good news is that the system that is set to develop close to the south coast on wed/thurs looks like it will develop in to a tight low. Even better the low will set up a strong SE fetch feeding in to it as the low slowly tracks to the bottom of the South Island.
What this means is that the close lumpy SE swell should lengthen out in to a solid S groundswell eventually swinging SE. Basically its going to get better through the weekend.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:55 pm

wont that high help it too?

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:08 pm

Yeah that sounds promising, Its looking good to sneak in a few at North Avca with a bit of form. Why is everyone being so pessimistic, its not chop, call them jumps....
.Whitey. :lol:

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:40 pm

The latest GFS forcasts suggest that an ECL will develop from the trough off the mid North Coast. This means more onshores and a large local windswell over the top of the SE groundswell. Other models show the trough off the South Coast and lighter winds.
Basically the entire NSW coast can expect plenty of SE swell and onshores for at least the next week. Qld will probably enjoy offshores and S groundswell.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:28 pm

Come on people real surfers are the only ones that will go out in anything and still rip regardless of the conditions so put a sock in it find a protected corner with reef and let it rip. Whats a bit of wind :D

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:43 pm

saw cronulla today pretty messy but when some bodyboarders paddled out they got alot of barrels and some air wa not as bad was it looked

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:50 pm

just checked on vbouys and saw another swell next wednesday, hopefully its not southerly slop

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

birubi

Post by birubi » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:23 am

faaaark 16-25ft next tuesday from the SE but wind from same direction plus work=nothing for me

prepare
regular

Post by prepare » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:33 pm

I was down that way yesterday too guard, just got back. We had an awesome 4 hour sesh around there. very consistant overhead sets coming in. almost no one out thanks to the weather.

then scored another beachie further up the coast that evening which had some serious size. was bigger then i could manage on my 6'3. wasnt expecting much this weekend but had a great one.

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:49 pm

just got back from in-laws at port stephens area - One Mile beachys were fun this morning. Few overhead ones and good wind early.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:16 pm

i was there too offshore almost all day. i was out at the waves breaking out the back. then went to the beachies got sum heavy barrels

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:42 pm

Only got about 2m of swell with 40 knot S/W beautiful arvo is looking good
with the run in with the tide blind man take offs. :lol: