No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.

Post by Donweather » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 am

I'm hearing ya Tiger. Very similar situation for me too with most of the crowd to the south of me.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Re: No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am

Don. What's the name of your beach you're surfing at?

and what tides do you recommend are best for the bank situation there. I know there' a tiny part of you that wants to tell me.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 am

Braithy, after reading your blog on Chia seeds yesterday I was beginning to like you....but from your post above, any liking-ness I had for you just went out the window!!!!

I hope all the sheep (masses) are enjoying their 2ft waves this morning!!!!

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:13 pm

C'mon Don ... we're like brothers. we jest and we joke.

tides were all messed up this morning down here. then right as the water started to fill the good banks, our old friend the northerly hit.

it's like october all over again.
Kunji wrote:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Forecasts for Easter and more importantly the week after?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:19 pm

for here, looks like tradeswell being messed up by trade winds.
Kunji wrote:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:01 am

Well feck me, March will go down as one of the most feast or famine starts to Autumn I can remember. And for me it's been way too much famine compared to the feast particularly for the last two weeks of the month.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 am

even the feast was a little funky.

of course coolie was firing, but so were the 400 other people on it. the other points had weird windows where the waves just weren't happening. sectiony, closing out/ straight ... wash throughs, funky winds etc ...

only one booming window on the beachies ... late on a tuesday arvy for an hour before dark I scored 4-5foot hollow bombs at a beachie near me.
Kunji wrote:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 am

Fecking April better be a massive turn around cause it wasn't a frcking great spring/summer either.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Summer was fine Don san.

You need to exand your horizons.

March was just another month of summer. Two cyclone swells were fine from my pov.

Autumn now starts around Anzac Day.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:37 pm

i'm already kinda starting to look ahead to winter and the fruits she might bring. i'm not saying i'm writing off autumn, but i am writing off autumn.

good to have you back shep.
Kunji wrote:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks Braithy, good to be back.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Actually Don needs to change his horizons. As a fellow landlocked worker bee summer was pretty average

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:18 pm

Woke up at 3am and checked the wind...W...alright...a break from the ESE'ers. 5am checked again WSW, so that is ok. Put a board in the van and drove the 10 mins to the beach. Hopped out of the van and straight away felt the breeze in my face.
This can't be good.
Walked over the walkway all the while feeling the breeze stiffening as I got closer to the beach.
Yep...due Easterly and shredded.
I got lots of work done today.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:04 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:Woke up at 3am and checked the wind...W...alright...a break from the ESE'ers. 5am checked again WSW, so that is ok. Put a board in the van and drove the 10 mins to the beach. Hopped out of the van and straight away felt the breeze in my face.
This can't be good.
Walked over the walkway all the while feeling the breeze stiffening as I got closer to the beach.

that's been the story of autumn for me. I've surfed so much onshore rubbish. something good has to be happening out there in the cosmos to balance this out. surely.
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:Woke up at 3am and checked the wind...W...alright...a break from the ESE'ers. 5am checked again WSW, so that is ok. Put a board in the van and drove the 10 mins to the beach. Hopped out of the van and straight away felt the breeze in my face.
This can't be good.
Yep. The same down this end. Not even enough north in it to make Happys workable - except one day. 8)
Oh and one morning I just thought fcuk it and went out at my point anyway. Actually had a great surf. :mrgreen:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:56 pm

steve shearer wrote:Summer was fine Don san.

You need to exand your horizons.

March was just another month of summer. Two cyclone swells were fine from my pov.

Autumn now starts around Anzac Day.
Autumn starts when I bolt up the coast looking for a wave post Easter. Last year that was my best week of surf.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

stinky_wes
regular

Post by stinky_wes » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm not one to watch the tropical northern hemisphere systems very often, but does anyone have any info/precedence on the Cat-5 typhoon currently impacting Yap and heading towards the Philippines? Late March over there would be the equivalent of seeing a huge cyclone here at the end of September!