No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.

Post by Donweather » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Autumn is about to enter the building.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Re: No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:21 pm

after the 20kt northerlies subside?
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Jesus Christ are we going to have another argument about the equinox?

MrMik
regular

Post by MrMik » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Well, now that the equinox has passed, it might be safe to post in this thread again.

What do you think about T.C. Reuben ? Is it too far out to send some swell our way?

Will it be 15sec period (and 0.25m)?

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDY65100.pdf

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:06 pm

MrMik wrote:Well, now that the equinox has passed, it might be safe to post in this thread again.

What do you think about T.C. Reuben ? Is it too far out to send some swell our way?

Will it be 15sec period (and 0.25m)?

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDY65100.pdf

imo it's too far away and tracking further away well outside our window. those highs should be good for a nice 3ft E trade swell though.
Kunji wrote:

MrMik
regular

Post by MrMik » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:12 am

Reuben looks more promising on this map: http://www.met.gov.fj/aifs_prods/0992.jpg

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 am

still a low cat cyclone, a long way away.

unless it intensifies or makes a beeline dead west, i'd still say about 3ft, with long lulls.
Kunji wrote:

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 am

WTF Braithwaite? It's right in our swell window, all be it towards the eastern extremity. No we won't get much swell from Rueb's alone, nor the fairly weak high alone. But the little squeeze play between the 2 has got me a little bit horny. Wed- Fri earlies look money to me on the sunny hoax.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 am

tiger wrote:WTF Braithwaite? It's right in our swell window, all be it towards the eastern extremity. No we won't get much swell from Rueb's alone, nor the fairly weak high alone. But the little squeeze play between the 2 has got me a little bit horny. Wed- Fri earlies look money to me on the sunny hoax.

i thought it had to be inside fiji (ie between fiji and Aus) to be in our swell window? it's out past tonga and tracking SSE away from us fairly quickly, and its a cat 1. I just can't see it getting over 3ft .

tbh, i am pretty hopeless at forecasting the east coast, unless its a homerun situation...

:lol:
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:44 am

Braithy wrote:
tiger wrote:WTF Braithwaite? It's right in our swell window, all be it towards the eastern extremity. No we won't get much swell from Rueb's alone, nor the fairly weak high alone. But the little squeeze play between the 2 has got me a little bit horny. Wed- Fri earlies look money to me on the sunny hoax.

i thought it had to be inside fiji (ie between fiji and Aus) to be in our swell window? it's out past tonga and tracking SSE away from us fairly quickly, and its a cat 1. I just can't see it getting over 3ft .

tbh, i am pretty hopeless at forecasting the east coast, unless its a homerun situation...

:lol:
Braithy, right now, 3' sounds great.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:13 pm

just had a nice little surf at an exposed beachie. up to 3-ft sets out the back but was full, causing a nice little wedgey reform breaking in the shorey.

not sure where the pulse is coming from, but it's delightful when none of the forecasting sites pick up on it. surfed it with one other guy, when normally there'd be 15 or 20 on it.

Kunji wrote:

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Yeah, I'm up the Sunshine Coast at the moment. They said today the swell had dropped from yesterday. As yesterday was only 1 foot, that was pretty discouraging. But there were 3 foot sets today. It was quite good. Seemed to be more than one direction of swell, so maybe another swell has snuck in somehow.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:47 pm

yeah it was so wdgey where I was. lots of water moving from all kinds of different angles.

came in with a cubic ton of sand stuffed into all of my bits.
Kunji wrote:

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:10 pm

The trades have been blowing out there for a few days already. Not with a lot of speed, but in a fairly stationary position with good direction. Its a nice bit of sea state for what is currently out there to work on. Sunny coast does well on these set ups. Slow build, slow fall, days of fun beaches. There will be some better than 3ft moments. Certainly not epic, but what's not to like about punchy beach breaks with room to move. Winds look good for earlies with a good tide phase, but are always the potential fly in the ointment up here.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Not sure your local is gonna like the local winds Trev when that swell arrives.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Donweather wrote:Not sure your local is gonna like the local winds Trev when that swell arrives.
Thanks Don. :(
But what's new?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:39 pm

I got some fun ones up the SC this morning. 2-3ft with the odd 3ft+ bomb set. Some good banks around as the tide came in also. Shame the wind didn't play ball....but it was certainly way more fun than it looked from the beach.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Much the same for me don. I was hoping for a true landbreeze this morning. So the light overnight northerlies were a bit of a disappointment on one hand, but thankfully not really strong enough to do to much damage. Was actually quite clean where I was, and mostly 3 ft with the odd bigger pulse. Like you said was way more fun than it looked. It helped that I surfed a spot that you look northwards up the beach to check, cos it looked cleaner looking downwind, so it steered everyone that way. Once you walked up in front of it, it was a whole lot better.