Summer 2013-'14

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Surfnsmurf
Local

Re: Summer 2013-'14

Post by Surfnsmurf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Womble wrote:
steve shearer wrote:I'm blaming Braithy.
Yes yes ... the cursed one ... riding the sup of destruction. Burner of forests ... bringer of winds and evil flattener of waves ... reborn of satins spawn ... burn that phone he gave you Shep ... its cursed ... there will be no free ride until you destroy the amulet ... you have been warned ... the rocks await ... take it to the mordor of ox and cast it asunder ... but hasten slowly ... the enemy has many eyes.
its obvious that your ongoing bullying of shearer is a ploy to snatch back your title as #1 carroll sycophant fanboy, after you cruelly insulted his family. your so transparent its not funny.
andy2476 wrote:If I ever renovate our bathroom. I'm gonna put in a little step thing for shaving my legs
beerfan wrote:like today tonight, same episode over and over and no one watching. *turns up volume*

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:02 pm

steve shearer wrote:
I'm blaming Braithy.

I'm going to give you the biggest hug when I see you.

A real rib-rattler.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Surfnsmurf wrote:
Womble wrote:
steve shearer wrote:I'm blaming Braithy.
Yes yes ... the cursed one ... riding the sup of destruction. Burner of forests ... bringer of winds and evil flattener of waves ... reborn of satins spawn ... burn that phone he gave you Shep ... its cursed ... there will be no free ride until you destroy the amulet ... you have been warned ... the rocks await ... take it to the mordor of ox and cast it asunder ... but hasten slowly ... the enemy has many eyes.
its obvious that your ongoing bullying of shearer is a ploy to snatch back your title as #1 carroll sycophant fanboy, after you cruelly insulted his family. your so transparent its not funny.
Oh its funny alright ... Andy. Now run along like a good mong.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:44 pm

steve shearer wrote:potential pattern changer but that amorphous blob of tropical low pressure that keeps threatening to coagulate in the SPCZ refuses to organize.

I'm blaming Braithy.
With TC Christine still in the charts my confidence in anything outside about 3-4 days is shot.

Bit disappointed the MJO appears to jump the coral sea!!! :'(

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Righto 2013 is dead and buried. Huey, 2014 is a new year so bring on some swell ya cvnt!!!

Dec 2013 will go down as one of the worst starts to summer in recent memory!!! Fecking woeful!!!

I'm a massive believer in that the seasons are getting later and later each year. Dec 2013 was pretty much typical of Spring like conditions!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:28 pm

Donweather wrote:Righto 2013 is dead and buried. Huey, 2014 is a new year so bring on some swell ya big fluffy slipper!!!

Dec 2013 will go down as one of the worst starts to summer in recent memory!!! Fecking woeful!!!

I'm a massive believer in that the seasons are getting later and later each year. Dec 2013 was pretty much typical of Spring like conditions!!
Yeah Don - EXCEPT.
Spring started a month early as well - only had 2 months of winter. :(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

packa
regular

Post by packa » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Donweather wrote:Righto 2013 is dead and buried. Huey, 2014 is a new year ... Dec 2013 was pretty much typical of Spring like conditions!!
:evil: ... YES.

So, smarten the phuk up Huey. :shock:

... or Shearer and his angry mob of egg chuckers will be sent to visit you. :mrgreen:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:12 pm

packa wrote:
Donweather wrote:Righto 2013 is dead and buried. Huey, 2014 is a new year ... Dec 2013 was pretty much typical of Spring like conditions!!
:evil: ... YES.

So, smarten the phuk up Huey. :shock:

... or Shearer and his angry mob of egg chuckers will be sent to visit you. :mrgreen:
Wait. Maybe Huey is also, "Almighty God"

OMG :!: #*!
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 am

Trev wrote:Yeah Don - EXCEPT.
Maybe up the SC Trev but Aug wasn't too shabby down the coast if I recall correctly.

Certinly wasn't any fecking worse than Dec!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 am

Donweather wrote:
Trev wrote:Yeah Don - EXCEPT.
Maybe up the SC Trev but Aug wasn't too shabby down the coast if I recall correctly.

Certinly wasn't any fecking worse than Dec!!!
Just odd days, Don.
Maybe two consecutive.
Can't remember the last time we had a week of waves.
Beanpole

Skipper

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:28 am

Trev wrote:Just odd days, Don.
Maybe two consecutive.
Mate I haven't been in the water for almost a month!!! And it's fecking January!!! I'm going stir crazy!! The only thing keeping me sane is my skatey and the fact I'm gonna be in Japan getting me some deep pow in 2 weeks time!!! :)

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 am

Trev wrote:Can't remember the last time we had a week of waves.
This is beyond a joke ... and I for one am sick and tired of this Huey characters bloody fcukin jiggery fcukin pokery. Stand down dismal surf god ... stand the fcuk down.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 am

Donweather wrote:
Trev wrote:Just odd days, Don.
Maybe two consecutive.
Mate I haven't been in the water for almost a month!!! And it's fecking January!!! I'm going stir crazy!! The only thing keeping me sane is my skatey and the fact I'm gonna be in Japan getting me some deep pow in 2 weeks time!!! :)
Ha. I keep looking at my daughter's 46" Adrenalin Cruiser out in the garage. I'm very tempted. There's a nice hill at my local.
Beanpole

Skipper

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:33 pm

While the charts generally haven't shown much, and I understand that there wasn't much swell in a lot of NSW, a particular part of the Central Coast has just had a 3 day run of solid 3-4', 3-5' and 3-4' swell, with beautiful conditions to boot.

Thankfully nothing today, I've got surf soreness all over.

Not trying to gee you guys up, I missed just about every day that was worth surfing over the last 3 months, which wasn't many, so finding myself lucking into an unexpected swell has been a joyous experience.

I particularly enjoyed hearing the radio reports, and checking websites, telling me that the swell would die by the afternoon of the first day, and each day after, and waking up the next morning to find it every bit as good.

And the locals tell me that the place I've been going has been shit for ages, which explains why I have been surfing with no more than half a dozen spread out over a good area, while they are all sharing a wave with hundreds of others, not more than a kilometre away, with less quality to the wave.

There might be a bit more to come. Happy as a pig in faecal matter.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:04 pm

We just had three halfway decent (in comparison with the rest of summer) days on the northern beaches. Winds weren't entirely favourable & you had to be in the right place at the right time but I lucked out & got some fun ones.

I'm not calling it classic by any means as it was far from it, but I had me a blast.

Welcome back olds. Where you been?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Karlos wrote:Welcome back olds. Where you been?
Can't really post from work any more. On hols now, but still busy. If I'm not surfing I'm working around the holiday house or entertaining (hmmmm!) the kids and missus.

Had a very hectic September to December, now on a month's hols, and was very pleased to luck into some surf. Maybe some tomorrow morning with luck.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 am

schizophrenic summer pattern continues.

good news for those with S swell magnets on hand, shit news for everyone else.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 am

^^those that have them :-?

It's damn hard work ATM. Back beach banks are all pretty crap so its a combination of dribble hitting bad banks times holiday crowds. :roll: