Sandy D

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Sandy D

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Whilst not born yet, she's looking imminent come the end of the working week (if not before). Question is, when will she come into our swell window, if at all, particularly after being burnt by Freda. GFS not really entertaining her coming into our swell window. Latest EC on the other hand!!! :-)(

el rancho
Duke Status

Re: Sandy D

Post by el rancho » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Is the dirty slut gonna head east or west??

What say you amateur forecasters?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm

I reckon west.

Inland between Rockhampton and Gladstone, flood a few coal mines, Campbell will sack a few hundred more people and decide that Frontline Services don't include things like Meals on Wheels or anything to do with disabled people. Elderly Liberal voters in the coastal margins (Hervey Bay being the epicentre of this movement) will realise he's a jumped up little dipstick and it will be the start of the revival of Labor at the federal level. Which will last 5 weeks, because some coastal wetland or peri-urban flood plain or other will be opened for development and the construction and trade industries on the Coasts will be spurred into action. NSW will follow suit, as will Victoria. A couple of species of plants and a frog will begin their slow march to extinction.

There'll be a broad continuance of the sharemarket recovery in the second half of the year, helped not least of all by the gradual increase from July 1st in superannuation payments driving up the share prices of the miners and banks, and their investment in listed real estate trusts. This will balance the impacts of the stubbornly high dollar and mean that interest rates stay low. This will confuse and annoy the self-funded retirees, who transferred their money into defensive funds and term deposits after the last global balls-up.

Based on nothing more substantial than the promise of being 'comfortable' again, as made famous by Howard, the Libs will win in a landslide, though the largest swing will be towards Nationals in mining states and CSG electorates.
We'll have 2 terms of the Coalition, in which time they'll sack anyone remotely useful in the public service so that they can outsource their jobs to the private sector consultant buddies they went to high school with. They'll charge 3 times as much, but they'll make up for it in efficiency gains.

Oh, you meant a weather forecaster...

Flooding in central Qld and inland. No surf.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I fcuken hate the movie Grease, too.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Boo for PM
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Hmmm I reckon bundy, Gladstone and gympie will get munted again

I hope so anyway

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 pm

if this thing crosses I predict a "dustbowl" type migration out of QLD.

car loads of cyclone refugees heading back to the southern states.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:10 am

car loads of cyclone refugees heading back to the southern states.
And to lennox head in particular.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 am

we're faring worse than SEQLD.

disaster down here.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm leaning with EC. Sandy D is heading SE parallel to the coast. EC has been consistent with this consensus for some time now and GFS is slowly coming into line with EC, IMO.

Still, current GFS is offtap for Noosa etc!!!! :-)(

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Donweather wrote:I'm leaning with EC. Sandy D is heading SE parallel to the coast. EC has been consistent with this consensus for some time now and GFS is slowly coming into line with EC, IMO.

Still, current GFS is offtap for Noosa etc!!!! :-)(

here that Fongss?
here that????

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:20 am

steve shearer wrote:we're faring worse than SEQLD.

disaster down here.
I drive through your environs last week enroute to Brisbane. From the amount of trees down at the sides of the roads there seemed to be 2 areas that got hit hard. About 20km either side of Coffs, especially the Woopi to Mullaway stretch and the same 20km either side of Ballina. Our beaches here are just destroyed.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:45 am

Sandra was fcuking great.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Sandra IS fcuken great.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Guy drowned at Warriewood. Dunno if he was surfing. Details are sketchy. Also told another guy got washed off at Nth Curly. Near drownings at Bondi and Cronulla too.

Sandy is a nasty bitch.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm

I wish all cyclones tracked like Sandy D!!!! :B

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 am

BA wrote:Guy drowned at Warriewood. Dunno if he was surfing. Details are sketchy. Also told another guy got washed off at Nth Curly. Near drownings at Bondi and Cronulla too.

Sandy is a nasty bitch.
Tragic. The guy at North Curly, a surfer, apparently was trying to help a little girl in trouble. Very sad, especially to those on this website who may have known him:-

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/he-was-a-hero ... 2gbux.html

'He was a hero': surfer swept away trying to help struggling girl
DateMarch 19, 2013 - 8:46AM 253 reading now(0)

Chris Drake: "Our lives will never be the same." Photo: Facebook
Police are continuing their search for 23-year-old surfer Chris Drake, who was swept away by a wave at North Curl Curl on Saturday, with police divers to join the search from 10am.

His mother, Nicolle Drake, said on social media her son had been trying to help a young girl struggling in the water when he was overwhelmed by a wave.

"Our lives will never be the same," she wrote.

"He was a hero and will always be our hero. We will love you forever and never forget you our precious son, brother and mighty warrior."

Advertisement Mr Drake worked for his family business, Solid Racks, with his parents, with the company selling storage for surfboards and other sporting gear.

Mr Drake has been described by friends as a popular, kind-hearted and positive high-achiever.

They wrote messages on their social media pages including: "Chris, you are my hero and I am missing you so much"; "One of the most real, stoked and charismatic people I have had the honour of knowing. Rest In Peace Chris Drake. You are Loved by all mate"; and "Smile like Drake".

He was four years into his Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Counselling and Behavioural Science degree at Notre Dame University, listing studying among his interests along with travelling, surfing and mountain biking.

He was one of two people who died in the treacherous conditions on the weekend, with a 23-year-old man who jumped off a blowhole at Warriewood thrown against the rocks and unable to swim back to shore..