my prediction for summer

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: my prediction for summer

Post by Donweather » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:51 pm

A pretty impressive monsoon trough looks set to stretch across the entire continent over the next week + or so, courtesy of a pretty active phase of the MJO.

pirate_agenda
regular

Post by pirate_agenda » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 am

Donweather wrote:A pretty impressive monsoon trough looks set to stretch across the entire continent over the next week + or so, courtesy of a pretty active phase of the MJO.
does a monsoon trough give us swell? getting desperate around these parts (cronulla)!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 am

Not unless a cyclone spins up and tracks down into our swell window, but with a big monsoon trough and an active MJO pushing east, there's a good a chance as any of this happening.

Looks like we'll have some decent tradewind swell on the cards late next week anyway (and wind too boot). Not sure how much you shire boys will see of this though.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

yea don, the long weekend is looking good for alot of the east coast on the long weekend with the current run of gfs fantasy land models! most of it aimed around the border, with a strong low/cat 1 forming in north qld. could be interesting at the end of the month depending on its track. pref slide in front of newcal
and hopefully the high sticks around = happy east coast surfers!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 am

Latest GFS run has gone VERY fecking cold on the idea of a Coral Sea cyclone next week. EC on the other hand couldn't have gotten any hotter with it showing a crossing north of Fraser....but of course we don't want this at all, cause all that will bring is strong winds and a confused, bank busting swell on it's southern flank. We want the puppy to track parallel to the Qld coastline. Although with the large high progged to cradle beneath her, she'll struggle to do that at this stage, particularly if she's only a Cat 1 storm.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:06 pm

looks like sunny coast bank buster, but some nice swell heading for nsw mid north/north coast by the looks of it

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/models/?l ... 0&focus=mh

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I'd take all those model runs with a grain of salt.

esp after the Freda freak-out.

they are all guilt now until proven innocent.

no doubt something will spin up along the monsoon trough as the deep layer NW winds migrate across from Indonesian longitudes.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:39 pm

latest run of gfs fantasy land prick teasing....

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/models/?l ... 0&focus=mh

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Looks like shitts about to break loose.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Yeah latest EC and GFS both look damn good, but again, too far out and as you said Steve....all guilty now until proven innocent.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Donweather wrote:A pretty impressive monsoon trough looks set to stretch across the entire continent over the next week + or so, courtesy of a pretty active phase of the MJO.
Hello Ossie and Gazza!!!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Geezus Steve, latest 18z GFs run paints a very BAD picture for SE Qld/Nth NSW courtesy of ex TC Ossie!!!! #*!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Donweather wrote:Geezus Steve, latest 18z GFs run paints a very BAD picture for SE Qld/Nth NSW courtesy of ex TC Ossie!!!! #*!
Are you saying we're gonna get smashed?
Some decent rain would be good.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 am

merkin wrote: Every damn prediction and associated frothing has turned the surf to shite..
That's why I'm talking about it, to try and jinx it cause I don't want it to happen!!

And Trev, I'm not sure our friends from Townsville to Gympie will be praying for rain after this weekend!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Donweather wrote: And Trev, I'm not sure our friends from Townsville to Gympie will be praying for rain after this weekend!!
So, nothing here on the sunny coast? :(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks 'boo.
Beanpole

Skipper