Mentawais - June 17th

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Damage
Owl status

Re: Mentawais - June 17th

Post by Damage » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Ummmm what if I was to say Sth Sumatra 17th-31st of this month?

Thanks.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Damage wrote:Ummmm what if I was to say Sth Sumatra 17th-31st of this month?
Not looking too bad with some 5-6ft+ SW groundswell on offer over the first couple of days when you arrive, slowly waning into the 3-4ft class by Thurs 21st.

Beyond this, based on current charts, it then looks like you could have two swells arriving around Friday 22nd. A mid range SW swell in the 3-4ft class and a similar sized, super inconsistent SW groundswell. But obviously these swells are still some time away with regards to model reliability so I'd be taking these as subject to revision over the coming days.

So make the most of the good quality swells over your first few days, would be my recommendation at this stage.

Balts

Post by Balts » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Donweather wrote:
Balts wrote:Don - any chance of a little snapshot of possibilities of waves for Maldives? Am there from 3 - 14th July.
Sorry Balts, only just saw this now. Looks like you're in for some nice waves anyway. Whereabouts in the Maldives did ya end up?
Hey Don!
Surfed the Male Atolls. Mainly Sultans, Chickens etc...
Got the best waves I have ever had. The Manta boat was unreal (just 5 of us on the boat.... with 11 crew and surf guide!!)
So lots of uncrowded waves in between other boats and camps sessions. It was really good.

Hope you have been getting lots of waves!

Balts

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Anyone heading to Indo this coming weekend? Certainly looks to be a pretty impressive and powerful inbound swell train heading that way!!!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Indian Ocean is currently alive with swell, inbound straight for Indo this coming weekend. Pack that bigger board if you're going there this week/weekend for a late season session.