Summer. How's it lookin?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

bumfluff
Owl status

Re: Summer. How's it lookin?

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Diggs, I havn't got the day off, but will be there at first light if the she's offshore. If you've still got my number flick me a text if you're out.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Diggs, I may also be at Snapper...not sure yet, depends on conditions on the day!

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:13 pm

bumfluff wrote:The wind forecast for the weekend has changed AGAIN. Now it's looking like Monday morning is the go and Sat and Sun will be SE.

The swell forecast has picked up a notch too though and is currently at 7 foot :shock:

Monday morning has 7 foot predicted and SW/WSW early. Sweet baby jesus... :shock: :shock:
Haven't you checked the Iggy scale....there is no such thing as 7 foot! :mrgreen:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Fine. It's 8 foot then. :lol: :lol:

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:53 pm

bumfluff wrote:Fine. It's 8 foot then. :lol: :lol:

Yeah which means you and your Tufflite will be heading for the hills! :D :D
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:

Unless of course you have learned to duckdive...8 foot surf without duck diving, should be fun to watch!

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:26 pm

jimmy1501 wrote:

If it's really clean I'll go out, but it will be the biggest surf I've ever been in.

And the tufflite will be staying at home. Actually it's times like this I wish I had a 19 ft Olo of the Sun to take it to the next level.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 pm

bumfluff wrote:
jimmy1501 wrote:

If it's really clean I'll go out, but it will be the biggest surf I've ever been in.

And the tufflite will be staying at home. Actually it's times like this I wish I had a 19 ft Olo of the Sun to take it to the next level.
Mong.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 pm

guard wrote:tuflites are the worst board in the world to surf in junky conditions Bumfluff.
Except tuflite minimals, they seem to go ok.
I go to great lengths to not surf in junky conditions on any board. :D

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 am

Bass Strait is starting to resemble a lake...

So far the start to 2011 has been sh.ithouse here, lets hope it is not a sign of things in the year to come
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 am

Hey don, people are talking about a cyclone coming just after australia day, any information on this mate, I havent had a chance to check it out and was wondering if you had heard anything about this.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Hatchman wrote:Bass Strait is starting to resemble a lake...

So far the start to 2011 has been sh.ithouse here, lets hope it is not a sign of things in the year to come
I don't know much about where you are h-man, other than mexico, but there is a pretty handy onion forecast to develop under the great australian bight which will send swell to at least some parts of vic coast.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:12 pm

diggerdickson wrote:Hey don, people are talking about a cyclone coming just after australia day, any information on this mate, I havent had a chance to check it out and was wondering if you had heard anything about this.
Digger, I'm not a weather person, but I heard that too.
It's from a very long range run by a computer weather model (GFS), so it's probably not worth spit at the moment. The weather guy from Channel 9 is copping a fair bit of stick for mentioning it this early.
But it's an active coral sea, so you might get some waves for board testing day, hopefully without more rain.
And there's a fair bit of stuffing going on at the moment to generate swell for the east coast, without needing a crystal ball.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Nice to see that after this east/nor east swell starts to die down the NSW coast will be helping itself to a few more days of a new south swell. :mrgreen:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:58 pm

alakaboo wrote:
diggerdickson wrote:Hey don, people are talking about a cyclone coming just after australia day, any information on this mate, I havent had a chance to check it out and was wondering if you had heard anything about this.
Digger, I'm not a weather person, but I heard that too.
It's from a very long range run by a computer weather model (GFS), so it's probably not worth spit at the moment. The weather guy from Channel 9 is copping a fair bit of stick for mentioning it this early.
But it's an active coral sea, so you might get some waves for board testing day, hopefully without more rain.
And there's a fair bit of stuffing going on at the moment to generate swell for the east coast, without needing a crystal ball.
Seems to be a goer now.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

different system Trev.
As far as I read, the one spinning up now wasn't even though of, it was one that was coming up on the 21st.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 am

So, two for us. 8)
I have to work next week but not the week following Australia Day. Sounds good.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 am

That weatherman is a fecking idiot. He posted a GFS map that was +368hrs away!!! I couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculous maps he was putting up and he then quoted a 30-40% chance of that chart coming off. What a tool. The chances of the chart that the dickhead weather man put up coming off would not be 30-40%. In fact it wouldn't even be 3-4%. In fact if those charts were progging a cyclone that far out, I'd put money on it that there wasn't going to be one off SE Qld on 28 Jan....and I'd be putting a lot of money on it!!! Media hype yet again and scare mongering.